• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VIDEO: Whispering Canyon Cafe Lunch Review | Disney Dining Show

WebmasterJackie

Senior Editor for The DIS & DCL Fan
Staff member
Administrator
Today join the panel for an anything-but-light lunch at Whispering Canyon Cafe! This is a fun dining location at Disney's Wilderness Lodge where the cast members will make sure you are entertained and full!

I've had some wonderful (and bountiful!!!) meals here - I would always try to eat here at least once per trip. I've had breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and always been pleased. Can't get over how quiet it was while you were filming this - that is definitely NOT how I remember it, but was actually somewhat nice! :) Yes - VERY reasonable total for all that rib-sticking food!

The "shenanigans" here have always made for some great memories (and photos) too. :) I actually remember "back in the day" bringing water pistols, and mini super soakers here, to spar with the CM's. They HAD to put a stop to that - the place was getting SOAKED - but man - was it FUN!! :) :)

I avoided this place due to the noise and atmosphere. I've been to Dick's Last Resort in Boston and didn't enjoy the experience at all (which they referenced).

The pricing, quantity and quality appear to be above average so I will have to put it on the list as a must try. Still, whenever I visit WL, we make a beeline to Geyser Point.

I avoided this place due to the noise and atmosphere. I've been to Dick's Last Resort in Boston and didn't enjoy the experience at all (which they referenced).

The pricing, quantity and quality appear to be above average so I will have to put it on the list as a must try. Still, whenever I visit WL, we make a beeline to Geyser Point.
Yeah - it was VERY quiet in this video, and I've always found it to be MUCH quieter at lunch, than at dinner, which is the case with a lot of places at the resorts, as a lot of folks are in the parks, or "out and about" during the day. For dinner, this never was the "have a nice quiet dinner, and great conversation" place, for sure. I think somebody told me if you didn't want to "play along" in the merriment, there was something you could put on the table (kind of like the "all you can eat" Brazilian BBQ places that I've eaten at in NJ, where you put the green side up for more, or the red side up no more). Don't know if that still holds true, or even to what extent there is more boisterous activity now, with Covid. I was never one to shy away from being loud and involved, and was always picked out. :) If I'm alone, it's a different story - I like to fade into the woodwork, but I was always with at least 1 friend going here, and usually a group. So I was a bigmouth kid, ripe for the picking. :rotfl2:

Dinner was kind of quiet because when I went several months ago, they weren't doing a lot of the activities because of covid.
Also, their steak on the menu was so good. I prefer that over AYCTE skillets.
Also, Haley is a lovely addition to the Dining Show. Really enjoy the Fiasco-Haley videos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter