(VIDEO) - POP CENTURY - Refurbished Room Tour

Thanks for this! The new rooms look great, i didn't think i would like them but i really do :) The amount and placement of the USB chargers is awesome :dogdance:

I am seriously impressed! Thank you for the tour.

You kept saying it feels huge. What other Disney resorts have you stayed at?

As a family - we've stayed at Art of Animation and French Quarter. I appreciate they are all pretty much the same size room. With the screen being wall mounted and the clinical look. It just makes the room feel that more spacious. The murphy bed idea in the room was a genius move by Disney.

Your video was the clincher for DH - we booked the trip yesterday!
Thanks, again!

Wonderful video:thumbsup2 I know a lot of people like/love the new look, for our family it helped confirm some of my issues with the room. When the murphy bed is down, we lose the table that dw and I both use first thing in AM and/or at night. Having the closet cut in half, we normally have 2 hanging closet organizers (do to the lack of drawer space) and still had room to hang a bunch of clothes up. Now 1 will only fit and that will take up most of the hanger bar. Also, before we were able to park our stroller without folding it, now with the new layout, I did not see a big enough area to do that. Finally, DW and I find the room very sterile looking, except for the Mickey heads. We do love having queen beds, the new bathroom with the sliding bathroom door and sink area, LOVE the little bedside tables with all of them having AC and USB outlets, the sink area sliding door and bigger safe. Taking a "wait and see" in regards to the flooring and from previous experience at WDW (years ago) not a fan of having the opening under the bed. For us, we do notice that the Mods POFQ rooms are a bit (54 sp ft) bigger and feel bigger.

As a family - we've stayed at Art of Animation and French Quarter. I appreciate they are all pretty much the same size room. With the screen being wall mounted and the clinical look. It just makes the room feel that more spacious. The murphy bed idea in the room was a genius move by Disney.

And therein is my issue with this refurb. It looks like a rehab clinic. It’s just too sterile for me.

Thank you for posting this video. We stayed at Pop in two connecting rooms last March and we are returning in July. I am so excited about the renovated rooms! I showed DH this video and he was impressed and said he likes the new features. We were content with the old Pop rooms, but having queen size beds and a coffee maker will be especially nice! I also like the clean, modern look of the new rooms.

I actually really dig this minimalist Almost mid century modern look. Clean lines, Pop Disney art, modern touches like the glass front fridge and USB ports. I don't love campy over the top themed-out rooms so this is great in my book. Hope we are lucky enough to get one in a few weeks!

We’re staying at Pop at the end of February. There will be four of us so having the queen beds would be nice! I requested 70s and highest floor so hopefully I get what we requested!

Wow . .that looks so sterile. I've been in hospital rooms that felt more comfy. The upgrades like the USB charging ports and the murphy bed is fun, but just seems too white. And a non-carpeted floor seems odd choice to me.

Also, I thought the Murphy bed was still a double. Did that get changed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter