Video Chat

Wow. A lot to digest today, but probably the biggest mouthful is this:

"The DAS (Disability Access Service) Same-Day DAS Return Time Self-Selection Tool"

I hope we can shorten that to something like "DAS Self-Select", otherwise we will have acronyms like "DASSDDASRTSST" and at that point, I'm just typing "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" and going on down the road... LOL

This was clarified that .... people who already had a DAS that was to be valid for 60 days are finding it gone with the new system. They are having to reapply at GR. This is not the new way that was done "in advance" - this is people who are local or returning for a trip in less than 60 days thinking they still had a valid DAS.

Went to video link request page this afternoon.
The online chat box popped up, short wait spoke to Nicholas

via AP, current DAS expires 3 days before our next on-site stay 11/26. He requested That a pop up form be completed with personal
Information.

Then, confirmed the expiry date of 11/23 for current one. Said we’d have no issue using it next week as a day guest there

was told we could call back in next week to ‘renew’ DAS early. They are moving it forward one day at a time to request video chat. Currently, f those arriving thru 11/18

was tolduntil 11/1 there would be no preselection of the 2 return times.

meanwhile, I just saw this posted-on first page here. Totally opposite of what I was told this afternoon. Disney at it finest. Guess I give it another whirl

“My trip is next week, 10/20--10/24. I now have two advanced DAS reservations for each of the four days of my park reservations (10/21--10/24). Pleased overall.”

still Trying to figure out where the DAS ‘button’ is on the app Ive seen mentioned??? Home page maybe IDK

Last edited:
What happened if you started the process on the chat and you send documents and everything looked fine and were waiting for the video chat, but you waited hours until it was 11PM and you had to go.

Whats the best way to approach this without restarting the chat.

Went to video link request page this afternoon.
The online chat box popped up, short wait spoke to Nicholas

via AP, current DAS expires 3 days before our next on-site stay 11/26. He requested That a pop up form be completed with personal
Information.

Then, confirmed the expiry date of 11/23 for current one. Said we’d have no issue using it next week as a day guest there

was told we could call back in next week to ‘renew’ DAS early. They are moving it forward one day at a time to request video chat. Currently, f those arriving thru 11/18

was tolduntil 11/1 there would be no preselection of the 2 return times.

meanwhile, I just saw this posted-on first page here. Totally opposite of what I was told this afternoon. Disney at it finest. Guess I give it another whirl

“My trip is next week, 10/20--10/24. I now have two advanced DAS reservations for each of the four days of my park reservations (10/21--10/24). Pleased overall.”

still Trying to figure out where the DAS ‘button’ is on the app Ive seen mentioned??? Home page maybe IDK
Did you actually get to the video chat or was it just the message chat? I’m asking because I can never even get to the video chat! Today, I chatted with Trudy twice, Jose, Charles, Quintessa and Spruce (I think that’s the name?) and completed the form multiple times, but never reached the actual video chat even though I waited in the queue for 5 hours at one point! It kept sending me back to the initial pre qualification chat! I’m currently waiting in the virtual queue again (on a different device) after chatting with Thor but have been waiting 3.5 hours for the video chat!

What happened if you started the process on the chat and you send documents and everything looked fine and were waiting for the video chat, but you waited hours until it was 11PM and you had to go.

Whats the best way to approach this without restarting the chat.
I feel your pain! I have restarted the chat numerous times over the past few days and can never get through! I’m hoping that I can get through to the video chat this time since I’m on a different device, but I’m not feeling good about it 3.5 hours into this virtual queue! Quintessa on the prequalification chat told me she had heard you can get disconnected from the virtual queue if you’re using a mobile device which is why I tried a different one this time. I will say that I got through to the prequalification chat almost instantly this time instead of it taking up to an hour, but the video chat queue hasn’t gone any faster so far and I still don’t know if it will work. Good luck to you!

Literally sat in the chat for 7 hours, just to have them tell me I didn’t respond to their message and get disconnected. I had my browser open and looked at it the entire time. At this point I’m just registering when we get there because I can’t imagine spending every single day of the next 17 days dealing with this. They really have messed up with this process. Scheduling times using a form to meet with cast members would have made a lot more sense for people who can’t dedicate 7 straight days glued to their computer.

After 6 more hours in the virtual queue for the video chat (after my other earlier failed attempts), they ended my session at 9pm because they’re not taking any more chats today…I’m supposed to try again tomorrow. For something that I assume was partially created to reduce stress related to registering for DAS, this is not going well. I really hope things get better.

After 6 more hours in the virtual queue for the video chat (after my other earlier failed attempts), they ended my session at 9pm because they’re not taking any more chats today…I’m supposed to try again tomorrow. For something that I assume was partially created to reduce stress related to registering for DAS, this is not going well. I really hope things get better.
If it makes you feel any better, I waited 8.5 hours and then received that same message today. I was so excited too because when I first got on, I was chatting right away with someone to get the initial verification. Might just do it in person when we get there.

If it makes you feel any better, I waited 8.5 hours and then received that same message today. I was so excited too because when I first got on, I was chatting right away with someone to get the initial verification. Might just do it in person when we get there.
I had been trying since 6:30 am (CST) but kept getting disconnected (once after being in the queue for 5 hours so then I switched to my daughter’s laptop which obviously worked better since I never got disconnected at least. I’ve tried three days in a row, but today was definitely the most time I’ve spent. I’m sorry that happened to you too, but thanks for letting me know I’m not the only one. I thought maybe it had gotten better. I should probably give up too. Good luck if you decide to try again!

Good morning everyone! Had a bit of a meltdown last night, but read here that chrome works better than other browsers. I have been trying and trying with safari, but have had no luck. I tried one last time with Chrome this morning and got straight through!

Good morning everyone! Had a bit of a meltdown last night, but read here that chrome works better than other browsers. I have been trying and trying with safari, but have had no luck. I tried one last time with Chrome this morning and got straight through!
That's great news! I'm very happy for you! Would you mind sharing details? Did you log on right at 7am? Maybe I can try again with my daughter's laptop that uses chrome. It wasn't glitchy last night but I guess I just logged in too late in the day at that point. I tried again on my phone this morning since she'll have to go to school soon, but got a message at 6:46am CST saying that they apologize for the continued wait times THIS EVENING but I may need to try again tomorrow morning at 7am because there are so many people in the queue they might not have time to get to me...but I can continue waiting if I want :rotfl: . Seriously?! They are that backed up 45 minutes after they opened? I wasn't logged in until 7:02am because I tried on my laptop first so I guess that 2 minutes cost me everything...or maybe it was just using Safari! Thanks for the tip on Chrome!

That's great news! I'm very happy for you! Would you mind sharing details? Did you log on right at 7am? Maybe I can try again with my daughter's laptop that uses chrome. It wasn't glitchy last night but I guess I just logged in too late in the day at that point. I tried again on my phone this morning since she'll have to go to school soon, but got a message at 6:46am CST saying that they apologize for the continued wait times THIS EVENING but I may need to try again tomorrow morning at 7am because there are so many people in the queue they might not have time to get to me...but I can continue waiting if I want :rotfl: . Seriously?! They are that backed up 45 minutes after they opened? I wasn't logged in until 7:02am because I tried on my laptop first so I guess that 2 minutes cost me everything...or maybe it was just using Safari! Thanks for the tip on Chrome!
Hello! I logged into my phone on chrome 10 minutes before 6am (7am est), did the terms and conditions, then refreshed the page right at 6. I clicked the request button, started the chat, and got the person on the line who asked me questions about my trip. After about 10 minutes, I was connected to the video chat cast member. He started the chat, we discussed why I need DAS, he took a picture, and that was it! Then I got connected to do my reservations for rides.

Hello! I logged into my phone on chrome 10 minutes before 6am (7am est), did the terms and conditions, then refreshed the page right at 6. I clicked the request button, started the chat, and got the person on the line who asked me questions about my trip. After about 10 minutes, I was connected to the video chat cast member. He started the chat, we discussed why I need DAS, he took a picture, and that was it! Then I got connected to do my reservations for rides.
That’s awesome! Wish it worked that smoothly for everyone…maybe I’ll get lucky tomorrow!

I got through at about 7:30am Central, after having many issues even getting the "Request Live Chat" button to activate. The chat and video call took about 40 minutes! The cast member was super nice, however, she was learning the process also, and some of the screens on her end weren't loading properly. She had to mute me at one point and received assistance from a colleague. My trip is next week, 10/20--10/24. I now have two advanced DAS reservations for each of the four days of my park reservations (10/21--10/24). Pleased overall.

Maybe I missed this in another post, what rides are allowedfor prior selection? Just the genie rides or the genie+ rides as well?

Maybe I missed this in another post, what rides are allowedfor prior selection? Just the genie rides or the genie+ rides as well?
It is the Genie+ attractions that are available for the DAS Advanced Selections (the ones you pre-plan). Not included are the 2 rides in each park that are offered for Individual $ Lightning Lane (the paid option).

I posted the list here, and SueM also posted a neat chart on that same thread.

I see lanejudy answered your question.
Also, the first post in this thread is being updated as we get more information.
Updated Disney DAS and Genie+

It is stuck near the of this board. It’s a little messy right now, but has pretty complete info.

Did you actually get to the video chat or was it just the message chat? I’m asking because I can never even get to the video chat! Today, I chatted with Trudy twice, Jose, Charles, Quintessa and Spruce (I think that’s the name?) and completed the form multiple times, but never reached the actual video chat even though I waited in the queue for 5 hours at one point! It kept sending me back to the initial pre qualification chat! I’m currently waiting in the virtual queue again (on a different device) after chatting with Thor but have been waiting 3.5 hours for the video chat!
Oh, sorry, it was a message chat where I got the red light. Didn’t realize after passing that gateway that there was another wait involved for actual chat. Silly rabbit I am

Despite the CM I spoke to stating that our current DAS (that expires on 11/26) will absolutely work during our visit on 10/25, after reading posts indicating that current/active ones won’t work any longer:confused3, figure we may just be visiting GS on the 25th anyway in order to be able to use it.

since the 25th is 31 days prior to our next arrival date, guessing we will be told to do online afterwards. So close, yet so far:crazy:

TBH I wish they could just cancel the existing DAS then & start up a new one. Even it would mean we couldn’t get the 2 preassigned ones per day of November/Dec trip (or that’s how I assume that would roll out).

Why am I surprised this is becoming a bit of a cluster to wade through?:rolleyes1

This morning, I followed your steps exactly and I finally got everything done!!! Thank you for the details! It took about two hours total, but part of that was waiting in the planning queue to do the advance passes after I had done the video chat. I was using my daughter's laptop which is pretty new which I think may be part of the reason it worked this time?? I really think using an older phone (I have an iPhone 7 but have updated IOS) may have been part of my problem?? I remember someone else mentioning using an iPhone 11 so I was thinking maybe my older phone was the reason I kept getting stuck in a loop where I was sent back to the pre qualification chat instead of the queue for the video chat?? I hope others who haven't registered yet will have an easier time going forward.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter