Victoria and Alberts... worth the $$??

disneydreaming4now

Mouseketeer
We will be staying at the Grand Floridian in Jan 2015. IPO has all our reservations complete, however, I'm torn by the thought of V&A... Ive always wanted to dine there but DS(10) was too young, till this year. ( 10 and up are permitted). He is a small gentleman, loves to wear his suit, and eats all the offerings on the sample menu. My main question is..... Is it really worth 200.00/p? . (We love Narcoossee's, Shula's, and Citricos... how is it in comparison?):confused3

I'm sorry, but I can't shell out that kind of money for a meal.... I don't care who prepared it, whatever it is... in my book, not worth it...

We're small time rural city folk and eat no different on vacation as we eat at home... Nothing lavish, exotic... spicy...

Other never think twice dropping 350.00+ for a couple .... We aren't them people...!

No. It's not worth it. I've NEVER seen a meal anywhere that's worth $200 per person. I wouldn't pay that to eat with royalty!! :rotfl2:

While I would agree with the PPs if we were talking about any other place in WDW (or probably all of Orlando for that matter), I would disagree when it comes to V&As. This is a Michelin rated restaurant. Head and shoulders above all of the signatures when it comes to ambiance, service, and above all the food. The care and attention that is given makes this very much worth the cost, IMO.

DH and I have eaten at many places where we have dropped that much or more for a meal. But this isn't just any old meal. It really is an experience. If you enjoy excellent food and service that is to be savoured rather than just consumed, then the cost is justified, IMO.

We love V&A. We had done it twice and it is an amazing experience. The food is magnificent and the service is incredible. I have an 11yo daughter that is very well behave but I will never spend that kind of money for a meal for her. My husband and I find V&A a special treat just for the two of us. We want to do one day the chef table. You will find people that will tell you that is not worth it bit it is just because a lot of them haven't experience it. Also it is not $200 per person. It is $135 per person for a sever course meal. In my opinion is worth it.

"Is it worth it" is a very personal decision. Some people clearly believe it is. Others don't.

You really can't compare V&A's to any of the other WDW restaurants. They are very different dining experiences. V&A is rated 5 stars by AAA, one of only a very few in the entire country. The other WDW restaurants aren't even close.

We loved V&A. My husband and I are not foodies, but we know exceptional food when we come across it; and we both enjoy all kinds of cuisines. We also love Citricos, but it doesn't come close to V&A in terms of food or atmosphere.

Two-hundred dollars per person is a lot of money to spend on one meal, but it's not an every day event. Our meal at V&A is one of my favorite memories from all of our trips to WDW - the food was amazing, the atmosphere was romantic, and the service was stellar. But I'm also the kind of person who would gladly spend hundreds to dine at Per Se, Alinea, Eleven Madison Park, etc.

That being said, I wouldn't pay for a child to dine at these places. DD is a fairly adventurous eater and has exceptional manners, and she started going with us to Citricos, California Grill, etc at 18 months old. But we'll wait until she is in her late teens to take her to V&A (same with DS). Instead, I would have family traveling with us watch the kids, or send them to an on-site sitter.

:thumbsup2
While I would agree with the PPs if we were talking about any other place in WDW (or probably all of Orlando for that matter), I would disagree when it comes to V&As. This is a Michelin rated restaurant. Head and shoulders above all of the signatures when it comes to ambiance, service, and above all the food. The care and attention that is given makes this very much worth the cost, IMO.

DH and I have eaten at many places where we have dropped that much or more for a meal. But this isn't just any old meal. It really is an experience. If you enjoy excellent food and service that is to be savoured rather than just consumed, then the cost is justified, IMO.

We love V&A. We had done it twice and it is an amazing experience. The food is magnificent and the service is incredible. I have an 11yo daughter that is very well behave but I will never spend that kind of money for a meal for her. My husband and I find V&A a special treat just for the two of us. We want to do one day the chef table. You will find people that will tell you that is not worth it bit it is just because a lot of them haven't experience it. Also it is not $200 per person. It is $135 per person for a sever course meal. In my opinion is worth it.

:thumbsup2 I may have read wrong, I was actually looking at the queen Victoria room, with wine pairings.. its an add 65.00 for wine pairings at the server course...I thought I read 210.00 in Queen V room.. I looked awhile back. either way, yes... we eat nice meals when we go out.. must be quality food and I have a gluten allergy. use to the pricing, just wasn't sure about Disney

We loved V&A. My husband and I are not foodies, but we know exceptional food when we come across it; and we both enjoy all kinds of cuisines. We also love Citricos, but it doesn't come close to V&A in terms of food or atmosphere.

Two-hundred dollars per person is a lot of money to spend on one meal, but it's not an every day event. Our meal at V&A is one of my favorite memories from all of our trips to WDW - the food was amazing, the atmosphere was romantic, and the service was stellar. But I'm also the kind of person who would gladly spend hundreds to dine at Per Se, Alinea, Eleven Madison Park, etc.

That being said, I wouldn't pay for a child to dine at these places. DD is a fairly adventurous eater and has exceptional manners, and she started going with us to Citricos, California Grill, etc at 18 months old. But we'll wait until she is in her late teens to take her to V&A (same with DS). Instead, I would have family traveling with us watch the kids, or send them to an on-site sitter.

I think it depends on what/how you like to eat. We haven't been to V & A yet, but have reservations next month.
We are very much looking forward to the experience.
What's worth it to you may not be to someone else. That's a question you'll have to answer yourself, based on your personal expectations.

"Is it worth it" is a very personal decision. Some people clearly believe it is. Others don't.

You really can't compare V&A's to any of the other WDW restaurants. They are very different dining experiences. V&A is rated 5 stars by AAA, one of only a very few in the entire country. The other WDW restaurants aren't even close.

:thumbsup2 with all the positive replies, im making reservations for 2 in Queen V room... thank you so much

I think it depends on what/how you like to eat. We haven't been to V & A yet, but have reservations next month.
We are very much looking forward to the experience.
What's worth it to you may not be to someone else. That's a question you'll have to answer yourself, based on your personal expectations.

:thumbsup2 we def have high expectations and love to have date nights.... we like only the finest establishments. Thank you all for your replies..

As others have stated, its a decision based on personal taste. There are some people who don't really care much about food, or about the ambiance that attends a fine meal. And there are some people for whom this sort of experience makes a vacation.

The first time I went to V&As I and my then BF were not what you'd call rich. We put the money down knowing we might find out it wasn't our thing, or that though we enjoyed it, it wasn't worth the amount we were spending. Well, it was. And when we came back home and went to a party with our social group we didn't talk about the rides we rode at WDW, or the shows we saw. No, we held that room rapt in attention talking lovingly about our 4 hour exquisite meal experience.

My guess would be, if you're questioning, you're probably they type who is open minded enough to enjoy it. However, as experienced as your 10 year old might be, you still might want to leave him in a kids club for a couple of hours and give the place a chance on your own first. Plus, you save $200 that way.

Absolutely worth it, but not for a child. We did the Chefs Table last August. A 3+ hour experience including interactions with the chef and sous chefs. It was amazing.

Absolutely worth it, but not for a child. We did the Chefs Table last August. A 3+ hour experience including interactions with the chef and sous chefs. It was amazing.

Did you do a trip report, by any chance?
We're doing the Chef's Table in a little over a month and can't wait!

We dined at V&A for our 10th Anniversary and it was wonderful. I totally think it is worth the price. I would not take a 10 year old though, I think they would be totally bored with a 3+ hour meal and not appreciate it. We left our kids at the kids club at the Polynesian and they had a blast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter