Victoria & Albert's

drwadadli

T-I-double "guh"-errrr
I know there are people in the forum that hear "things".

Has anyone heard when Victoria & Albert's is reopening??

We have CL reservations in late January for a big celebration (my mom's 80th and my 50th) and I would like to surprise the group (4 of us) with reservations at Victoria & Albert's.

We're in the same boat - we are ending our trip with 2 nights at GF, Main Building, CL, Theme Park view, and would love to end our trip with Victoria and Albert's while we're staying there!

I'm getting nervous that no one is confirming a reopening for V & A.....our trip is coming up this August and I'm afraid we're going to be out of luck!

I'm getting nervous that no one is confirming a reopening for V & A.....our trip is coming up this August and I'm afraid we're going to be out of luck!

No one is confirming because no one knows. I'd say it could possibly open up before August, but there's no way to say for sure.

You think refilling regular staff is hard? Try restaffing a restaurant like V&As were the staff is VERY specialized and VERY well seasoned. It will reopen when they have it properly staffed, as it was a cash cow for Disney to be sure. Sadly with a restaurant of this level I would assume some bumps will occur after reopening until the new(or newly rehired staff) gets familiar with their roles.

No news yet. If you're looking for an alternative, I'd suggest checking out Bull & Bear at the Waldorf Astoria (located basically between Disney Springs and the EPCOT resort area). It's definitely a signature, special occasion worthy experience with a team of servers assigned to each table and a lot of tableside preparations and explanation of dishes, ingredients, techniques, wines etc. (to the extent you're interested in the explanations).

Also, if anyone is a wine lover, not a lot of detail yet but opening with Citrico's is the Sommelier Room at Citrico's. It's run by Israel Perez, who was/is the longtime sommelier at V&A and will have unique dishes but apparently focus on the wine pairings. The Food Blog article linked compares it to the former Chef's Domain ... for reference, I believe that was one party per night and had a min $800 spend.

Not sure if Israel being assigned to this experience at Citrico's has any implications for V&A. Since they're next door to each other, it's conceivable he could do both. Hopefully there is some V&A news soon.

No news yet. If you're looking for an alternative, I'd suggest checking out Bull & Bear at the Waldorf Astoria (located basically between Disney Springs and the EPCOT resort area). It's definitely a signature, special occasion worthy experience with a team of servers assigned to each table and a lot of tableside preparations and explanation of dishes, ingredients, techniques, wines etc. (to the extent you're interested in the explanations).

Also, if anyone is a wine lover, not a lot of detail yet but opening with Citrico's is the Sommelier Room at Citrico's. It's run by Israel Perez, who was/is the longtime sommelier at V&A and will have unique dishes but apparently focus on the wine pairings. The Food Blog article linked compares it to the former Chef's Domain ... for reference, I believe that was one party per night and had a min $800 spend.

Not sure if Israel being assigned to this experience at Citrico's has any implications for V&A. Since they're next door to each other, it's conceivable he could do both. Hopefully there is some V&A news soon.
Thank you so much for this!! We're going to Capa in August, and have also visited the Peacock Lounge at the Waldorf, which we really loved, too! I'll definitely put Bull & Bear on the list, and I'm happy about Citrico's too! We have ADRs at Narcoosee's in August as well!

Thank you so much for this!! We're going to Capa in August, and have also visited the Peacock Lounge at the Waldorf, which we really loved, too! I'll definitely put Bull & Bear on the list, and I'm happy about Citrico's too! We have ADRs at Narcoosee's in August as well!
Capa is great too! Leave time to explore the resort - it's gorgeous. And if the timing works & weather permits, sunset from their rooftop deck is beyond amazing. Have fun!

We going in September for our 25th anniversary and would LOVE dinner at V&A. Our other preferred options are also not open...Flying Fish, Jiko and Toledos.

We're in the same boat - we are ending our trip with 2 nights at GF, Main Building, CL, Theme Park view, and would love to end our trip with Victoria and Albert's while we're staying there!
LOL....we will be there same time (1/22 - 1/30)

We going in September for our 25th anniversary and would LOVE dinner at V&A. Our other preferred options are also not open...Flying Fish, Jiko and Toledos.

Interesting: my wife and I are also going in September also for our 25th anniversary (and my 50th birthday) ... and planning an anniversary dinner at V&A if it is open. (Otherwise, probably Narcoossee's.)

If your anniversary happens to be on the 28th then we will hopefully see you at V&A. ;) Fingers crossed.

Interesting: my wife and I are also going in September also for our 25th anniversary (and my 50th birthday) ... and planning an anniversary dinner at V&A if it is open. (Otherwise, probably Narcoossee's.)

If your anniversary happens to be on the 28th then we will hopefully see you at V&A. ;) Fingers crossed.
Ours is the 1st. Also DH's birthday.

Have not heard anything about when it will reopen.
while none are really equal, I would consider Topolinos, California Grill, Jiko (if its open) as alternatives.

Our trip was a couple of weeks ago, and I wanted to book the Chef’s Table. Couldn’t get anyone to pipe up about opening. I even tried the concierge line at AMEX, and they couldn’t help either.

I could have booked The French Laundry in Napa, though. 🤣 (which is nearly impossible to get into).

I've been to STK once, and it felt more like a night club than a high end restaurant. Very loud music, it was super dark, definitely not an alternative to Victoria and Alberts.

Thanks! We've never been to STK and wondered what it was like

You think refilling regular staff is hard? Try restaffing a restaurant like V&As were the staff is VERY specialized and VERY well seasoned. It will reopen when they have it properly staffed, as it was a cash cow for Disney to be sure. Sadly with a restaurant of this level I would assume some bumps will occur after reopening until the new(or newly rehired staff) gets familiar with their roles.
I sure hope the original staff comes back! they mad you feel like you were really special....I know Izreal is still there so at least that is something because he's all knowing and all seeing! If any one knows what is happening, he's your man.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter