• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Victoria & Albert's at Grand Floridian reopening July 28

Smart! We prioritize fine dining in our discretionary budget so definitely OK with the higher price
Sounds familiar.

As we'd get into mere months until departure day, we sometimes (pre-covid :( ) started pondering dinner out and would concur, "Let's not and save it for V&A's." Pretty simple, because we'd already paid for the dearly departed 😢 Deluxe Dining Plan. (In case you may think our Disney focus is centered more on great food than parks....Well, yeah!)
- but I’m sure actually GETTING the reservation will be a different story XD
More than likely. Another reason we're kind of glad we decided not to return this year.

Good luck 🍀 trying for it!

V&A Veterans - is there a big difference in offerings between the Queen Victoria room and the main dining room? Trying to figure out if the price difference is justifiable.

Like the pp stated, the QVR is more intimate than the MDR with a 4 table 8 guest max. It used to be a 10 course menu in the QVR and 7 course in the MDR. However, in 2016 (I believe) they changed the MDR to offer both the 7 and 10 courses. Our table ordered a mixture of courses, but I chose the 7 because it came with my beloved chocolate soufflé. Then they eventually got rid of the 7 course and my soufflé :sad:

Last edited:
Like the pp stated, the QVR is more intimate than the MDR with a 4 table 8 guest max. It used to be a 10 course menu in the QVR and 7 course in the MDR. However, in 2016 (I believe) they changed the MDR to offer both the 7 and 10 courses. Our table ordered a mixture of courses, but I chose the 7 because it came with my beloved chocolate soufflé. Then they eventually got rid of the 7 course and my soufflé :sad:
Thanks for that update/correction.

Silly of me not to have considered we ate in the main room a dozen years ago and QVR since but for a measly ONE CT. They need another CT!

I wonder whether they’d let us share one order of the wine pairings? They did that very readily last time we went - actually offered it to us when I said it was too much wine for me!
I'd think so as accommodating as V&A's is regarding dietary needs/preferences.

No experience with that, though.

Thanks for that update/correction.

Silly of me not to have considered we ate in the main room a dozen years ago and QVR since but for a measly ONE CT. They need another CT!

Amazing you've done all three! A dozen years ago the MDR was $125 pp, fairly easy to book, and could be added to the Platinum DDP every night of your stay. Crazy good times

Amazing you've done all three!
Not much amazing about it. We literally start saving for our next V&A's indulgence almost before booking our stay. That's devotion is what it is. :)

Or maybe akin to Diana's remark about Camilla--that there were three in the marriage.

Although, perhaps it's rather more crowded in ours as big as the whole of V&A's is. <snicker>

We have a trip planned in October for our 40th Wedding Anniversary with our family. But at $425/plate without a wine pairing the Chef’s table is defintely out for our group of 8. Too bad we really were hoping to make it an event.

V&A Veterans - is there a big difference in offerings between the Queen Victoria room and the main dining room? Trying to figure out if the price difference is justifiable.
I can’t find any current menus so not sure. It used to be a difference of 10 courses vs 7. But then they changed the main dining room and that room to have the same menus before it shut down and there wasn’t a difference. Since the price is $100 more I’d assume it’s back to being different again. I actually preferred the main dining room, I didn’t like being so secluded from everything when I ate there

I must admit I miss being able to hear the harpist easily when in QVR.

Something classy about live harp music with fine dining.

our reservation window opens 7/8- we really only have one day we can go in our trip- looking for suggestions to nab the elusive reservation please- online at 555am? should we chose the dining room since more tables and better chance?
For those of you that tried when were they they sold out?

Last edited:
Anyone ever do V&A solo? Traveling with my family and I'm the only one who appreciates fine dining. Scored a reservation for 1 for August.... Don't mind eating alone so I'll most likely "just do it". I've always wanted to try it. Also like how they have zero-proof cocktail options (as I don't drink alcohol). Can't wait to hear reports once it opens!

Anyone ever do V&A solo? Traveling with my family and I'm the only one who appreciates fine dining. Scored a reservation for 1 for August.... Don't mind eating alone so I'll most likely "just do it". I've always wanted to try it. Also like how they have zero-proof cocktail options (as I don't drink alcohol). Can't wait to hear reports once it opens!
I haven’t, but I’ve gone a few times and have always seen someone dining solo there so you won’t be the first to do it and might not be the only one doing it when you go

I haven’t, but you totally should! My husband and I met an airline pilot in the dining room one night, many years ago. He planned V&A reservations around his trips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter