Via Napoli is a MUST

OhanaCassidy

Mouseketeer
I just came back from a WDW vacation and I ate at Via Napoli in the Italy pavilion in Epcot. I must say that it was AMAZING. We had the deluxe dining so we were tired of all the steaks and heavy and abundant food we had been eating for the past couple days so this was great!! It was light but filling just what we needed and perfect for a family who needed a break from the heat and needed to eat. We actually paid out of pocket for this since it is very inexpensive. We got the Mezzo Metro size (the biggest) for four people and it was just enough we could've eaten more!! We only got the cheese pizza but it was mind blowing how good it was. I am a very picky eater so I was scared to eat here at first since it would be an authentic italian pizza but anyone who might feel this way have no worries It was perfection in a pizza! Sadly I don't have any photos of our pizza because we ate it up so fast! The service was also fast, friendly and amazing. The inside was huge with a high ceiling and it was very cool inside a great break from the sweltering heat! We did have a reservation so we were seated right away but from what I saw the people who were walk ins got a table almost immediately. We are going back to WDW next June and we are definitely returning here at least once or maybe even twice ;). Anyone looking for a great place for lunch or even dinner come here!!

VN is one of our absolute favorites! We love both the pizza and pasta there. The piccante signature pie is delicious. I also loved the zeppole di caterina dessert - one of the best desserts on property!

Glad you enjoyed it!

It's the only regular/signature TS I dream about going back to when planning another vacation! I made a point to go back on my 3 trips to WDW and am trying to fit it into a low ADR plan for our next one. I just need a companion who'll share the pitcher of sangria with me since ordering that is a better "value" than by the glass! The tasted one of my kid's gelato and it is scrumptious.

I love this restaurant most of the time. But on my last trip, where I was seated it was so loud I couldn't hear myself think. The pizza was great as always though.

Glad you liked it.

We thought it was atrocious, so it's definitely not a must for us! Dh had even just gotten back from Italy and had enjoyed pizza there, but not at VN.

They have their good days, and they have their bad days.

I've eaten during both times several times over.

I was done with VN when they served my eggplant parmigiana with potatoes. WHAT THE??? Where's the macaroni? And I find their sauce thin and runny. I grew up eating a nice hearty bolognese sauce. That stuff is red water!! yuck.

I am glad you enjoyed it. We tried it based off all the praise it receives on the board and we were underwhelmed. Maybe it was just an off day.

I should also mention that we asked for water and were given a bottle of "spring" water and charged for it all after we explained we were on the dining plan. I was just expecting four glasses of water. I mean we wouldn't have "ordered" water if it were an extra cost as we could have gotten a different drink for free. There was definitely a lack of service, but she did seem confused and was MIA most of our meal.

We enjoyed VN very much (and our server Alessandro was so nice!)...but with the hype from DIS I expected to be blown away, and I wasn't. It'll still be on our list for next year because it was really yummy, but definitely not "the best pizza I've ever had."

One of my favorite places! Doing it for the 3rd year in a row next month. So glad you enjoyed it :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter