VGF sell out question

stevesgirl

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

My husband and I want to purchase VGF but financially, we won't be comfortable doing so until this coming spring. When does everyone think that this resort will sell out? I know this is a small resort but it seems like all the other resorts have taken years and then they really push it before another opens. Will this happen with VGF with the Poly right behind it? Let me know your thoughts.

the polyn will take years - don't think it is schedule to even start until 2018.

the VGF has been pretty popular so would say 12 to 24 months. (it could be longer)

I do not know how fast it will sell out, but I think it will be on the quicker side, but I also think you will be ok next spring. It is small. It is on the monorail. And GF is regarded as one of the nicest, if not the nicest resorts at The World.

I contemplated DVC for a few years. This past December while down at the world, i stopped by a KIOSK again. I also saw the VGF construction, although it took a cpl of days to find out it was a DVC. Once I did, I basically got on a "to be called" list once sales were set to start. Memorial day I got that call and jumped on it.

My point is, I think there was an initial sales surge (existing DVC members) doing add ons, so they could get that super exclusive booking period. Then the people waiting for it (like me). I think all those sales have occurred by now. Now I think it will slow down.

All that being said, my guide told me that there was no prepayment penalty if you financed with Disney. I did not finance, but if there is no prepayment penalty, and you are planing on paying in full next spring, you could finance it through them for 6 months....even at their interest rates, it would not be that much.

Also, do you think it will be hard to book this resort with the fixed weeks? How many of those are they selling?

it will be hard to book - but that is because it is so small - with Disney charging extra for the fixed week - don't think it will matter much.

now have been wrong before.

know that early Dec (very popular with DVC members) is one of their fixed weeks - those weeks are always hard to get. So even with the extra points that might be worth it.

as far as the sale slowing down - hey this is July 4th week - do you know how many people visit WDW this week - and like BLT - VGF is hard to miss. so that should bring even more people into DVC,

Also, do you think it will be hard to book this resort with the fixed weeks? How many of those are they selling?

I think booking will be hard. There is more availability in December then there is in January. (NON VGF members can not book in december yet, but January is in the 7 month window, so they can book January)

35% of the points are set aside for fixed weeks.

So there are 18 or so lake view studios and 18 1 bedrooms. 6 of each can be sold and booked as fixed weeks, 12 each sold and booked as regular points.

:earsboy: Bill

Most of the year it won't be any "harder to book" than other resorts. Yes, VGF is small but a smaller property means fewer owners. By comparison Bay Lake Tower is nearly 3x as large...but it also has more points and owners.

For every resort, the number of points is always proportionate to the number of rooms.

The fixed week option will make things a bit more difficult during the highest demand periods. Early December comes immediately to mind. If demand exceeds the number of available rooms, the rooms purchased as Guaranteed Weeks will not be available to traditional points owners.

Of course, this impact will be regularly lessened by Guaranteed Week owners who opt-out of their week.

IMO, VGF isn't much different than other resorts when it comes to owners booking at 11 months. And similar to resorts like BLT and BCV, when the 7-month window arrives all remaining villas will be quickly gobbled up by non owners.

As for the sell out, VGF points will still be available in spring 2014. What we don't know is pricing. If sales are strong, you can bet DVC will continue increasing its prices. Highly doubtful that buyers will still be paying $150 per point in 10 months. Could be $160 or $170 by then.

Fixed weeks will have some impact, and added to that is the following: there are only 47 possible studios, 17 lake view and 30 standard, all of which are part of 2BR lock-offs and thus could also be reserved as 2BRs. BLT has 28 standard view studios and those usually disappear quickly after the 11 month window opens. BWV has 52 standard view studios and those disappear fairly quickly after the 11 month window opens about 65% of the year. Now add to the above that because the points needed are so high for a room at VGF and the dollar per point is also high, there is likely going to be a larger percentage of owners at VGF who buy just to get studios than the percentage at other resorts. My sense is that once a significant portion of VGF is sold, those studios are not going to last long during the 11 month window much of the year, and for very high demand times, such as most of December, they might not even last five minutes past the earliest time you can book them, on-line, 8 a.m. eastern, exactly 11 months out.

I do not know how fast it will sell out, but I think it will be on the quicker side, but I also think you will be ok next spring. It is small. It is on the monorail. And GF is regarded as one of the nicest, if not the nicest resorts at The World.

If your definition of nice is the slowest valet service in Disney, rude front desk staff and dirty rooms it was great. :rotfl:

I won't be back and it rates as my all time worst hotel rip off

Fixed weeks will have some impact, and added to that is the following: there are only 47 possible studios, 17 lake view and 30 standard, all of which are part of 2BR lock-offs and thus could also be reserved as 2BRs. BLT has 28 standard view studios and those usually disappear quickly after the 11 month window opens. BWV has 52 standard view studios and those disappear fairly quickly after the 11 month window opens about 65% of the year. Now add to the above that because the points needed are so high for a room at VGF and the dollar per point is also high, there is likely going to be a larger percentage of owners at VGF who buy just to get studios than the percentage at other resorts. My sense is that once a significant portion of VGF is sold, those studios are not going to last long during the 11 month window much of the year, and for very high demand times, such as most of December, they might not even last five minutes past the earliest time you can book them, on-line, 8 a.m. eastern, exactly 11 months out.

I agree.

Lake view studios and 1-bedrooms will be particularly difficult to book.

Hi everyone,

My husband and I want to purchase VGF but financially, we won't be comfortable doing so until this coming spring. When does everyone think that this resort will sell out? I know this is a small resort but it seems like all the other resorts have taken years and then they really push it before another opens. Will this happen with VGF with the Poly right behind it? Let me know your thoughts.
It's likely to be sold out by then, I'd guess 8-9 months. But they will have a wait list and resale will be an option at some point.

If your definition of nice is the slowest valet service in Disney, rude front desk staff and dirty rooms it was great. :rotfl:

I won't be back and it rates as my all time worst hotel rip off

Sorry you had a bad trip. Our's we're always wonderful at GF. Cleanest and nicest rooms anywhere. And the staff were always polite and helpful. That is why we jumped to add on the first day they started selling. We were one of the first we were told.
Nancy

It's likely to be sold out by then, I'd guess 8-9 months. But they will have a wait list and resale will be an option at some point.

Wow, really? I know the resort has been selling briskly, but this is the first time I've seen an estimate of less than a year, and from someone as knowledgable as you! I guess I should figure out soon if I'm going to need more points!

Wow, really? I know the resort has been selling briskly, but this is the first time I've seen an estimate of less than a year, and from someone as knowledgable as you! I guess I should figure out soon if I'm going to need more points!
VWL was declared sold out at 12 months though it actually took a little over 18 months to completely sell IIRC (BCV came on board then I believe). BCV was about 13 months and the fastest sell out for WDW. I'm not sure how long VGC took. GF is a unique option that many have been waiting on. It will pull from a non DVC group as well due to being the flagship it is. There's also the fixed week option. If it makes it to a full year and isn't "sold out", I'll be surprised though you never know. They'll have a wait list I'm sure though.

Take this as you will... I was chatting with my new guide on Friday, he mentioned that they anticipate both VGF and AKL selling out next year. Aulani will be all that is left to sell period at that point.

Take this as you will... I was chatting with my new guide on Friday, he mentioned that they anticipate both VGF and AKL selling out next year. Aulani will be all that is left to sell period at that point.

Great I've still got time.

I never believe guides on this. They want to create a sense of urgency. Heck, they tried to tell us BLT would sell out immediately. Took a lot longer then any off the "hype"

I was at WDW week before last and toured the VGF models at the Preview Center, our guide said that some of the fixed weeks have already sold out.
I would imagine those weeks are major holiday periods, but she didn't say - and I didn't ask... (at the time, I didn't really care! HAHA) But of course, now I wish I had asked!

At $150 p/p - they are going to have to do some promotions for the general public to buy in. When you look at the point chart... 250 points at the VGF is really a drop in the bucket, but could easily be used yearly if managed correctly. BUT when you look at a 250 point purchase, at $150 p/p - that's $37,500 :scared:

Then toss in the yearly mf's - $1,352.50 for 250 points

If you wanted a Grand Villa for a week, and were to bank/use/borrow, during Premier season - you would have to own 473 points.

That would be $70,950 - :crazy2:

There has to come a point in time where the average visitor to WDW will be so turned off by the buy in price that DVC will truly have overpriced itself.

When you examine the cost of ownership at this resort, there are so many variables... that I really don't think you have to fear the resort selling out too quickly.

I am anxious to see how many small contracts have been purchased at this resort (under 160 points) vs large contracts.

I think a lot of owners have purchased small contracts to stay there every few years.

I would think the Poly would be a good gauge.

If Disney thinks the VGF will sell out next year, as well as AK...I think they would be full steam ahead with a DVC Poly.

Do you think they would potentially go 3 to 5 years with no new DVC to sell?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter