VGF members booking now for December

Oh ok. That's good then. So the trust will be all brand new resorts then? Wait, sold out. So it could affect RIV owners then?
Highly doubt it would affect RIV and definitely not VGF. More likely to be all brand new resorts going forward.

Oh ok. That's good then. So the trust will be all brand new resorts then? Wait, sold out. So it could affect RIV owners then?

Technically it could add the 25% of rooms have not been declared for sale.

The 75% that have can’t because DVD sold some of those units already and only whole units can be added.

Thst would create specific property and point totals that could be offered to each..and that would stay separate for home resort booking.

For example, if there are 3 grand villas left to be declared…and I am making thst number up for this…and they declared those as trust property, then trust owners get access to 3 grand villas daily to book.

It doesn’t mean that when you stay you have to stay in the specific one…it’s that way now…but those are all that can be booked during a home resort window.

The only resorts that would have inventory like this currently are RIv, VDH, AUL and VDH.

Every time I've been to WDW before DVC was at Halloween or Thanksgiving or Christmas. I never had the slightest problem booking a cash room during those times.

Even now, you can go in and get a great cash room right over Christmas of 2024. That's not going to happen with DVC! That definitely had me blinded to how difficult these reservations would be. That and my mistaken assumption that the 11 month home booking advantage all but guaranteed you whatever room you wanted.

I had similar experience but with renting for the last few years. To me it seemed like such an easy process with decent availability since broker was always able to get my 2nd/3rd week december dates with the BWV/BCV studios I requested (non-SV).
I'm guessing I was super lucky, or maybe those years didn't have as much high demand as there is now. Could also be that VGF is just a bit more competitive during that time of year which seems plausible since when I search now for 11 months there's nothing available at VGF whereas all other resorts have something.

Part of this might be the amount of new VGF owners.

There’s this big new pile of points (23/24/25) with a propensity to try their new resort, and what better time to try VGF than December when the point chart is low and the resort in its shining Christmas glory.

October and November are pretty much still wide open. Very little booked solid. Even Sept and Aug have plenty of choice. Inside the 7 month window too!

I regret not buying a fixed week 😢 The good news is plenty of choice outside December.

Holy moly, booking a popular time at 11m for a standard studio is no joke.
I just tried booking either a standard studio or standard resort studio for marathon weekend and no go. Used the world clock counting down seconds and still didn’t get it.
I have to borrow points so I don’t want to book a higher pt studio.
I’ve put in the waitlist for either option. Not too worried about it this trip since we plan on switching to a 1 bedroom anywhere besides a monorail resort at 7m. But definitely would have been disappointed if we really wanted to stay there this trip. Thankfully, we are staying at VGF in Nov already.

Holy moly, booking a popular time at 11m for a standard studio is no joke.
I just tried booking either a standard studio or standard resort studio for marathon weekend and no go. Used the world clock counting down seconds and still didn’t get it.
I have to borrow points so I don’t want to book a higher pt studio.
I’ve put in the waitlist for either option. Not too worried about it this trip since we plan on switching to a 1 bedroom anywhere besides a monorail resort at 7m. But definitely would have been disappointed if we really wanted to stay there this trip. Thankfully, we are staying at VGF in Nov already.
Yep, studios at all WDW DVC resorts go very fast for all runDisney events. Hopefully the WL will come through for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter