VGF Grand Villa and Beach Club 2 Bedrooms in July - how hard to book?

CSLucas

Mouseketeer
Our home is VGF and we are in the process of buying a resale BCV contract with the hopes of doing a split stay mid-July (2024), so I'm just trying to get a sense of how likely this is to work or whether I need to have some good back-up plans. There will be 11 of us, so I was planning on doing the first half of the trip in two 2 bedrooms at Beach Club and the second half in a 3 bedroom at Grand Floridian.

Are these reservations going to be super difficult to get at the 11 month mark (not interested in trying to walk something - that would be stressful for me and we are doing a lot of banking/borrowing to make it work)? I've never tried booking Beach Club before, and we have never tried for anything except a 2 bedroom at the Grand Floridian. We can be flexible with our travel dates (but not with resorts) if that would make a difference, but I would like to let family know sooner rather than later so everyone can work out vacation time, travel plans, etc.

Also, as a side question: it will be the first Disney trip for half of the group (including 2 kids) - I wanted to do Beach Club first so we could end things in the Grand Villa (don't want it to feel like we are stepping down in room quality), but that does mean that Magic Kingdom won't be until the end of our trip. What would be more important to you - ending with the better room, or starting with the more iconic Disney park?

Can't comment on the VGF Grand Villa, but you should have no difficulty at 11 months getting two 2-bedrooms for July.
The bus from BCV to MK is also not that bad - no reason to avoid MK when staying there.

Our home is VGF and we are in the process of buying a resale BCV contract with the hopes of doing a split stay mid-July (2024), so I'm just trying to get a sense of how likely this is to work or whether I need to have some good back-up plans. There will be 11 of us, so I was planning on doing the first half of the trip in two 2 bedrooms at Beach Club and the second half in a 3 bedroom at Grand Floridian.

Are these reservations going to be super difficult to get at the 11 month mark (not interested in trying to walk something - that would be stressful for me and we are doing a lot of banking/borrowing to make it work)? I've never tried booking Beach Club before, and we have never tried for anything except a 2 bedroom at the Grand Floridian. We can be flexible with our travel dates (but not with resorts) if that would make a difference, but I would like to let family know sooner rather than later so everyone can work out vacation time, travel plans, etc.

Also, as a side question: it will be the first Disney trip for half of the group (including 2 kids) - I wanted to do Beach Club first so we could end things in the Grand Villa (don't want it to feel like we are stepping down in room quality), but that does mean that Magic Kingdom won't be until the end of our trip. What would be more important to you - ending with the better room, or starting with the more iconic Disney park?
We switched a 2BR reservation at BRV (home resort) to BCV at the 7-month window, for a trip running from 7/9-7/14.

We switched a 2BR reservation at BRV (home resort) to BCV at the 7-month window, for a trip running from 7/9-7/14.
That's good to know - the Beach Club part is the part I'm most worried about since if the 3 bedroom at Grand Floridian doesn't work out we can always just do two 2 bedrooms there (I don't feel like those typically book up very quickly) - just want this trip to be as perfect as possible for family!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter