VGF, CCV, or BLT for a two bedroom

Beckyb3

Mouseketeer
We are looking to book our first ever DVC vacation for Feb 2018. We are considering booking Grand Floridian, Copper Creek, or Bay Lake Tower. We are a group of two couples with four young kids ranging between three and six. Which would you recommend and why? The Bay Lake Tower would be theme park view whereas VGF would be standard view if that makes a difference. I have only ever stayed at AKL Kidani and loved it but am looking forward to trying a new resort. We will be going to all parks but probably spending the most time at MK. It's the first trip for the other couple.

I highly recommend VGF.. The 2BR villas are really nice. There are 2 great pools. The one near the Villas is a feature pool with zero entry and a slide. There is also a splash pool for the very young. You have a covered walkway to the main GF lobby where you will find great restaurants, shops, and a live orchestra. You are one stop away on the monorail from the MK, and it can be fun to take the boat back from the MK. We own there and we love it.

Having said that, over time you should try all three and see which one you like best.

Does it really matter? You will vacation at all of the DVC resorts several times during your ownership.

:earsboy: Bill

I second the VGF choice! I LOVE that the feature pool is right outside! And that pool bar/restaurant has the BEST crab cake sandwich! The standard views are still beautiful there as well. There are MULTIPLE great restaurants there (Citricos, Narcoosees, Victoria and Alberts, Grand Floridian Cafe, 1900 Park Fare /character dining) and all the great restaurants next door at Poly are a 5 minute walk away too! The lobby is beautiful and the monorail is GREAT with strollers. I love the covered walkway and I love checking out movies from the concierge desk from the VGF lobby as well as walking past the lobby fountain. Strong vote for VGF!!!

I would also vote for VGF. We checked out yesterday, after a week in a one bedroom villa at VGF. It was absolutely amazing. Was totally worth every point. Loved the proximity to the monorail. The pool has an awesome slide for kids (and grown ups). Daily nespresso service in the lobby. On site concierge service that was very helpful. My husband is a chef....so the kitchen was awesome. We are already planning to book again next year.

We are looking to book our first ever DVC vacation for Feb 2018. We are considering booking Grand Floridian, Copper Creek, or Bay Lake Tower. We are a group of two couples with four young kids ranging between three and six. Which would you recommend and why? The Bay Lake Tower would be theme park view whereas VGF would be standard view if that makes a difference. I have only ever stayed at AKL Kidani and loved it but am looking forward to trying a new resort. We will be going to all parks but probably spending the most time at MK. It's the first trip for the other couple.
Depending on the age of the kids and the planned sleeping arrangements I'd likely go with BLT but probably standard view if available. Would you be booking for Feb 7 months from now as a member, renting or booking on cash, it's highly likely that neither will be available for that time if you don't book fairly soon.

You have three great choices. Every time they build a new resort it just makes it harder to decide where to stay. I would recommend spending a lot of time (as in hours, not days) going over the pictures and amenities at each resort and choose which speaks to you. We love the VGF, but tomorrow we are trying to change a Feb 2018 reservation to Copper Creek.

Your 7 month booking date is here now, or within days. Don't delay.

We wound up booking VGF Lake View. Bay Lake Tower wasn't available nor was a standard view at VGF. I am not sure if Copper Creek was still available but I got really worried because everything kept booking up while I was waiting on the phone for member services. It was more points than I was planning on using but I am excited. I have always dreamed of staying there since I was young and took the monorail there for something.

We wound up booking VGF Lake View. Bay Lake Tower wasn't available nor was a standard view at VGF. I am not sure if Copper Creek was still available but I got really worried because everything kept booking up while I was waiting on the phone for member services. It was more points than I was planning on using but I am excited. I have always dreamed of staying there since I was young and took the monorail there for something.

Enjoy your trip. You will love it. And if you have little girls they would love the Princess Parade at the Grand Floridian. It happens every afternoon. All the young girls dress up as princesses and are led by Cinderella and Prince Charming around the lobby. I got this little tip from another post. I'm excited to check it out.

So you get the master and the other couple (and their kids) get the second bedroom, right? Your kids in the living room?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter