• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VGC or VDH at 7 months?

bravenyc

Mouseketeer
I am a new DVC owner (resale at BWV and direct at VGF). Our first planned trip is in late August 2024 at DL (groups size of 6 people). I know how hard VGC can be to get at 7 months but it seems like it might be possible to get a few days in a 2BR. And then I was hoping to get a few days in 2 studios at DH (no way to really know what that will look at 7 months next year). I plan on banking my 2023 BW points (I sold my 23 GF points to Disney in the summer incentive) to use for this trip along with my 2024 points from both resorts. Is this plan at all possible or should I rent these points and use the $$ for a cash booking. I have until the end of October to bank my 2023 points.

I am a new DVC owner (resale at BWV and direct at VGF). Our first planned trip is in late August 2024 at DL (groups size of 6 people). I know how hard VGC can be to get at 7 months but it seems like it might be possible to get a few days in a 2BR. And then I was hoping to get a few days in 2 studios at DH (no way to really know what that will look at 7 months next year). I plan on banking my 2023 BW points (I sold my 23 GF points to Disney in the summer incentive) to use for this trip along with my 2024 points from both resorts. Is this plan at all possible or should I rent these points and use the $$ for a cash booking. I have until the end of October to bank my 2023 points.
You won't be able to use any of your BWV points for VDH as only direct points are eligible there as part of the 2019 cut off rule for resale. I think your best bet would be to use your direct points to do 7 months with 2 studios at VDH.

VGC is insanely difficult to get into so I wouldn't count on it at 7 month mark.
Cash rooms are also incredibly expensive so without knowing how many points you're renting out, I'm unsure if you'd have enough to book for type of room and length of stay.

Late August at Grand Cal is possible for a 2-bedroom, but be prepared to book right at 7 months. As others pointed out, you can't use your BWV points at VDH. We still don't have an idea how easy or hard getting studios at VDH will be - but at a guess since that wouldn't be a particular popular time (most school systems should be back in session) there's a good chance you can get rooms at 7 months in late August.

Have a backup plan of both where you will stay and what you will do with the points you don't use if you can't get this reservation. Make sure to understand what their banking status will be, for example. One of the reasons we've never even tried for Disneyland with DVC points is that we don't travel often enough to WDW to make alternate plans with points.

If you want to almost be certain, rent points from a member who has points at both hotels. Rent out your points to cover most of the cost, and then pay the small amount, if any, out of pocket. If you can get a transfer from someone even better as you would control the reservation. Book before the 7 month mark and your golden

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter