• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VGC/DL Tickets Questions

Mich Mouse

Poly Loving Disney Bride
Hi All,

We are headed West for our first DVC visit to VGC. I have been doing some research on ticket purchases and would like to know how DVC members have purchased their admissions.

We usually have APs at WDW- I thought initially I would purchase AAA tickets online (5 day hoppers) but this is not offered by AAA. (Why I wonder?) I thought we would just visit the San Diego AAA office and purchase them there before arriving but it has been reported a few times on the boards that sometimes AAA Ca offices do not have 5 day hoppers. ( I just learned that AAA offices are individually owned and operated.)

I could just order throughout Disney in advance but I have concern that if we do not go I am stuck with tickets that expire in December.

If that happened would WDW accept those expired tickets in exchange for a DVC AP?

Suggestions about what to do are much appreciated. Where did you buy your tickets?:)

Our AAA office nor our Disney store carries DLR tickets either. If you go to the Mouse Savers DL page there is a link to slightly discounted tickets through a travel agency they recommend. We have used this agency in the past. At one point Orbitz was offering discounted tickets but I am not sure if they still are.

We just returned from a trip in June and used Disney Gift Cards purchased at Target which turned out to be the best savings for us. If you have a Target red card you will get 5% off the gift cards. If your state allows participation in the pharmacy rewards after 5 filled prescriptions you get a coupon for 5% off for a shopping day. You can apply the red card 5% with the pharmacy rewards 5% to get a total discount of just under 10%. (It will be done as a 5% discount and then another 5% off after the initial discount).

I think I read that July is "new members" month and that if you are new participant once you fill one prescription it counts as 5. So after 1 prescription you will get the 5% shopping pass.

We actually purchased more than $3,000 worth and saved over $300. We in used them for every purchase including food. (However, most of the DTD restaurants in DLR don't take them).

It seems Target only sells denominations of $25 and $50 so you can end up with lots of cards. However when buying things in person at DLR there is no limit on how many you can use. We purchased our tickets this way in the lobby of the hotel.

If you go to the Disneyland Portion of the boards you will find lots of great touring information as well as everything about tickets (or specials running like the Orbitz one) from the posts people make.

I hope that helps somewhat. Enjoy your trip we love DLR and have been there 5 times. VGC are wonderful!! :goodvibes

We are also about to go to DL in August and usually have WDW AP's. I heard about the tix price increase that was effective June 1st and I went online & ordered 4-day hoppers the day before to beat the increase. Just went ahead and had them mailed to us (for an extra $5) so we wouldn't have to mess with any extra lines or anything when we get there. It was sticker shock to buy regular hoppers for sure but I really didn't see any big discounts anywhere. I was not concerned with the Dec. expiration because we're GOING, it is not an "if" for us - everything is booked.

I purchase $25 Disney gift cards every week with my groceries (used to try to get them at Target but several months ago my Target went to only carrying $50 ones and I prefer to just slip $25 / week thru with my weekly shopping). We apply those to our tab at the front desk - my goal is usually to take $100 / day.

If you purchase on-line direct from Disney, you can wait until a day or two before you leave. That way there's no risk if travel plans fall through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter