Veteran's Day Weekend

Minnie84

Mouseketeer
Coming from Canada and curious about how Veteran's Day weekend plays out in terms of days off work. Do most people get the actual day (November 11th) off work? Thoughts on if people will take an extra long weekend and crowds spill over to the Monday? I know Mondays have been quite busy lately, so I'm weighing if this day might be one to avoid?

And on that note....any word on parade filming that week? I feel like in years past we have always caught the special performances being filmed for the Christmas Special.

It’s not one of the “major” holidays, so not everyone gets off work. Last year the holiday season at DLR kicked off that weekend, and the whole weekend was plenty busy even with Veterans Day on a Thursday. But last year Dapper Day was on Sunday November 14, and this year that is being held on November 6, so that might help.

I think i saw their Christmas season is officially beginning on Nov 11th. I don’t know how that affects things that day tho

I think the entire weekend including Monday will be absolutely nuts, with the holiday weekend and kick off to the holidays at the DLR. Crowds are bonkers at DL right now. Weekend, weekday, does not matter one bit. Holidays make things extra insane.

That said, I'll be there ON Veteran's Day, which everyone has off because a friend is going and we promised we would go with them. I am bracing for an insane day.

The weekend will be packed, but we will be there that Saturday, as we always do that first holiday weekend.

Yes, a lot of people get off that Friday. All schools are closed. All government jobs have the day off.

Our 5 day visit starts that Sunday. Fully expecting crowds to be crazy Sunday and Monday but hoping the next 3 days will be less busy.

I think the entire weekend including Monday will be absolutely nuts, with the holiday weekend and kick off to the holidays at the DLR. Crowds are bonkers at DL right now. Weekend, weekday, does not matter one bit. Holidays make things extra insane.

That said, I'll be there ON Veteran's Day, which everyone has off because a friend is going and we promised we would go with them. I am bracing for an insane day.

We’ll be there too because the kids don’t have school…. We will rope drop and ride what we can until the lines are crazy and then just enjoy the holiday decorations. That weekend will also be nuts because the only weekend day enchant MK holders can come on a weekend during the holidays is 11/13.

I too am bracing for complete insanity.

We’ll be there too because the kids don’t have school…. We will rope drop and ride what we can until the lines are crazy and then just enjoy the holiday decorations. That weekend will also be nuts because the only weekend day enchant MK holders can come on a weekend during the holidays is 11/13.

I too am bracing for complete insanity.

Oof. Glad we booked 11/12.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter