Veterans Day 2020 on Wednesday

abelkrista

Earning My Ears
Veterans Day in 2020 will be on Wednesday. Wondering how this will affect crowd levels or if it will be a mute point/holiday when scheduling around busy weekends and days?
We are targeting early November next year, we have previously gone mid October, early October and first weeks of December.

Thanks for your thoughts!

I went last year in November and the day after Veteran's day was a Monday, so it was still being observed. It was, quite frankly, pretty crowded. And for some reason the week just got even more crowded (there was the holiday parade filming, performances by Gwen Stefani, radio DJs broadcasting about the parade set up over by IASW). Honestly, that Monday and Tuesday were the least crowded days despite it being after a holiday, kids back in school, etc but I would still rate their crowdedness as a 6.9/10-7/10. If they follow the holiday decor schedule like they normally do and finish putting Christmas stuff up a few days before the holiday, people are going to come to the parks to see those decorations. However, on the flip side, since the holiday falls in the middle of the week and people couldn't take an extra extra long week off, it may not be as bad as it might seem. This all depends, too, on the success of RotR, which opens in January 2020. If the ride proves to be as awesome as some are speculating, and if Disney finally sees better attendance numbers to SW:GE it could potentially be very busy. It all just depends and is way too early to make assumptions at this point.

Local schools will be off on Veterans Day, so that day is likely to be pretty busy. Being in the middle of the week, it's unlikely to bring in as many travelers as it likely will this year (on a Monday). And, as @hyperminimalism suggests, you're into Christmas season, so that should increase the crowds.

The "Is It Packed?" website doesn't have next October up yet. Disneyland Daily does, though. She's kept notes for years, and based on those notes, she expects it to be packed on Veterans day and medium crowds the rest of the weekdays that week.

It seems like the consensus is, though, that it's harder and harder to predict crowds. Disney is working harder than ever to even out the crowds (with blackout days, variable pricing, and other encouragements to go during the historically slow periods). And people are both more informed and more able to strategically schedule their trips whereas they used to just go when the kids were out of school.

Bottom line -- I'd just go. With the exception of Veterans Day (the actual day), I doubt it'll be any busier than when you were there in early December.

You won't get long distance travelers, but all the public schools within a 100 mile radius will be off. I know in my school district, it's pretty much considered a "visit Disneyland" day for many family. It'll be pretty crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter