vet insurance

bearloch

DIS Veteran
does anyone have pet insurance? I have 2 cats who are killing my budgetLOL

if you do what company? and what does it really cover??

Take a look at PetPlan. It is the easiest to understand and they are good about reimbursing up to the limits of coverage. We recommend it at our office.

No pet insurance is mostly a waste of money. They won't cover pre-existing conditions, and most genetics problems.

I have to disagree, my dog broke his leg falling off our deck last year, infection set in and hardware had to be removed, he now has a staff infection there.....Vet bills exceed 7,000. Wish I had pet insurance for that, I bought Trupanion now but of course it wont cover this injury.

After many many dogs and spending literally tens of thousands $ on them, we are getting insurance for our 3 month old Giant Schnauzer. It is the Purina Plus plan and was recommended by our vet. It has deductible of $250, but will cover routine exams, vaccines, heartworm medication and microchipping.

Insurance is just that - insurance.

A friend of mine bought pet insurance for her lab puppy. I do not know what company but she said the monthly charges were less the younger the dog when you bought it. Well come to find out her lab puppy has hip dysplasia and has already had to have surgery on one leg for other issues. Insurance has paid for it all. I think she has a small deductible.

We have never bought insurance for our dogs or cats. But I have horses and they certainly change your perspective on what an expensive vet bill is :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter