Very poor selection April 8-15th

WDWOswald

DIS Veteran
Any tips on scoring some reservations during our trip april 8-15th? Does it help to book at table for 4 instead of 3? Certain times of day to check the app? I’m totally bummed- Epcot had almost nothing most days and other places like topolinos, skipper canteen, San Angel, Via Napoli, anything at Hollywood studios, anything at Coronado springs, it’s just very very sparse.

we are staying at the dolphin

That dining reservation system has always been quirky for me. The closer you get to your dates, you may see them open up more. That's always happened to me. I got a Be Our Guest ressy literally days before I went in December, and at an actual normal dinner time, and nothing was opened before.

Just keep checking it, and do search for 3 and 4 people. When you check in, it's going to ask you to confirm the party anyway to give you the option to change it.

If your willing to, try a reservation at cal grill in the contemporary for dinner! Also biergarten, any of the moroccan restaurants, and coral reef (not sure if thats the name) in the seas pavilion and garden grill!

Keep looking all the time - I see different reservations available pop up every day when I look (our trip is the last week in April). I also called non Disney owned restaurants direct to make reservations (Shula, Il Mulino, Yak and YetI, and Homecoming) and was easily able to score reservations at the time we wanted. You may have to shift and pivot from your wish list, but there are lots of good places to try.

If your willing to, try a reservation at cal grill in the contemporary for dinner! Also biergarten, any of the moroccan restaurants, and coral reef (not sure if thats the name) in the seas pavilion and garden grill!

Literally none of those are available for any time that I check!

I would definitely try for 4 instead of 3 to see if that helps at all. Also, Swan/Dolphin has some of the best restaurants on property - I would highly recommend seeing if they have any reservations through the app, calling or even walking into the restaurants once you are onsite and asking if they have availability.

Literally none of those are available for any time that I check!
Just to add to other good advice, I found I had better luck searching for specific times rather than "Lunch" or "dinner". Times would pop up that way for me in February. (Not sure if you tried that, but wanted to share just in case.)

It's generally hard to get ADRs these days and also agree it's time for WDW to look at opening more..

I know it stinks not having a plan, but keep checking while you are there, as people will cancel things last minute. I wish DS wasn’t so crowded these days, because otherwise there are so many options there.

We’re usually a party of 3. We search party of 2, 3 & 4. Search by time and period. Just keep checking when you get a minute here and there. Maybe bookmark those pages.
if all else fails try the virtual walk up right when the restaurant opens. Goodluck!

I would definitely try for 4 instead of 3 to see if that helps at all. Also, Swan/Dolphin has some of the best restaurants on property - I would highly recommend seeing if they have any reservations through the app, calling or even walking into the restaurants once you are onsite and asking if they have availability.
GOOD advice. You see, three or four, a Restaurant will use a "four top" - table designed for max party of four.
Book for TWO, expecting THREE? This can present issues for the Restaurant, as they will likely assign a "two top" :(.

At the very least, I wish that you could order take out from the sit down restaurants. They are seating at a limited capacity so I know the kitchen could handle a bit of take out. They could put a limit on how many an hour and you could order ahead of time, like the quick service. We went last month during a really slow time and it was tough to get into a place if you did not have an ADR. I heard lots of angry people complain about it. LOL

Any tips on scoring some reservations during our trip april 8-15th? Does it help to book at table for 4 instead of 3? Certain times of day to check the app? I’m totally bummed- Epcot had almost nothing most days and other places like topolinos, skipper canteen, San Angel, Via Napoli, anything at Hollywood studios, anything at Coronado springs, it’s just very very sparse.

we are staying at the dolphin

Keep watching for them to extend park hours, especially Epcot. Then after they add hours, keep watching the app for dining times to open up. I scored Le Cellier and Teppan Edo that way. I believe it was 3 days after they extended the hours and I checked that morning when I woke up around 6:15am. They were 7:10pm dinner reservations as the park was set to close at 7 and extended until 11pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter