Very Merry Christmas Party

Christine

DIS Veteran
I am seeing that for my 11/2-11/9/2019 trip that the first Christmas party will be on our last night there.

I've never done one of these. Seems kinda cool but $100 per person and $95 for kids.

If you've done one before, do you recommend?

Yes! It is Disney magic at its finest! I’ve done it 3 times. It really gets you into to Holiday mood. The parade is amazing and I honestly don’t care much about parades otherwise, but I don’t miss that one. There is also little to no wait for the rides. The overall atmosphere is over the top Christmas magic!! Although my personal opinion is to never wait in line for a cookie, they leave something to be desired 🤷🏼‍♀️

Yes! It is Disney magic at its finest! I’ve done it 3 times. It really gets you into to Holiday mood. The parade is amazing and I honestly don’t care much about parades otherwise, but I don’t miss that one. There is also little to no wait for the rides. The overall atmosphere is over the top Christmas magic!! Although my personal opinion is to never wait in line for a cookie, they leave something to be desired 🤷🏼‍♀️

Thanks for the feedback. I wondered how good the "free" cookies could be!

Thanks for the feedback. I wondered how good the "free" cookies could be!
I thought they are actually pretty yummy. Lots of different varieties at different stations. Not $100 worth of cookies of course, but you don't go there for the cookies.

The little to no wait for rides will not hold true for OP since it is the first Christmas party of the year, which is always sold out (and often oversold). Last year there were reports of wall-to-wall people at the first party. I am going this year because we only have one night before our cruise, but since OP will have been there a whole week I can't say I recommend braving the crowds when you have already had plenty of Magic Kingdom fun on your trip.

I thought they are actually pretty yummy. Lots of different varieties at different stations. Not $100 worth of cookies of course, but you don't go there for the cookies.

The little to no wait for rides will not hold true for OP since it is the first Christmas party of the year, which is always sold out (and often oversold). Last year there were reports of wall-to-wall people at the first party. I am going this year because we only have one night before our cruise, but since OP will have been there a whole week I can't say I recommend braving the crowds when you have already had plenty of Magic Kingdom fun on your trip.

Grrrr....you know, with this trip I am just hitting a wall or a snag with everything I plan. Trying real hard not to cop an attitude. I am *not* in the mood to pay $100 (we have 14 people on this trip but all wouldn't go to it) and not get some benefit for crowd size. We will have a 4 y/o and 2 y/o with us so there's probably no such thing as too much Magic Kingdom, but dang it....

Since it's the first party of the year and it's usually a very crowded one, I would skip it. Your kids are still young and to get the most out of it, you really have to stay late. Add in that it's your last night of vacation and you'll all likely be tired by then, I probably wouldn't bother. We did the Christmas party in 2018 and we weren't overly impressed (prefer the Halloween party), it was also pretty crowded and some of the best rides were down which made it less than ideal.

I've never done the first party, but we did the last party to start our Christmas trip 2 years ago and we loved it.

We went last year and did 2 parties - first one wasn't crazy busy and we had a great time, second one was PACKED and well not so much of a great time working our way through crowds. I dont mind the place being so busy on a normal day, it is what it is, but when you pay for an event i kinda feel like why am I paying extra to still be a sardine.

Highly recommend! It's very festive, it's super fun to go around and get cookies and hot chocolate and the parade / fireworks are awesome! You won't regret it.

Last year I brought a decent size food container to stockpile the cookies, because seriously how many cookies can you eat in one night? We had so many cookies by the end of the night we gave them to the family next door to our room who did not go to the party and their reaction was the best! They said it felt like they were there and that was pretty awesome!

I did the first party last year with DD12. It was both of our first times.

The parade is great, the fireworks are amazing but it was packed and the lines for rides weren't very short. The atmosphere was nice. I think we had one cookie and they weren't good. They are prepackaged cookies. I wasn't waiting in line for "free" cookies (that aren't free...you are paying $100 to get for these "free" cookies) or slushies. The lines were very long. Main Street was a zoo.

I'm glad I did it once and we enjoyed ourselves but I don't think it was worth the money. We wouldn't go back unless way less tickets were sold to make it a more enjoyable experience. I wouldn't pay for a family of 4 to do it either unless everyone were big Christmas freaks.

Going in November for our 1st Christmas party and really looking forward to it. What is the one character that you like to get your picture with?

It is definitely worth it! However, I find that the more the years go on the busier these events seem to be. Its all about being surrounded in the festive holiday spirit. If you are expecting it to be not as busy you would be mistaken.

Also, if you are going in to use it as a day to ride rides with lower wait times then you'll be disappointed. I've seen lots of people on the boards mention that was one of the big reasons they wanted to go.

Rides weren't on our list of must do's. We went to take pics with the 7 Dwarves and to enjoy the atmosphere. We stopped into Cosmic Ray's and watched the show. We watched a few other shows. We got our pic. Did the Jingle Cruise. We had to wait a while for our spot for Holiday Wishes (we watched in the garden in front of Casey's) which was our MUST do and we got a front row spot pretty easily for the second parade in FL.

I think your enjoyment will depend on your expectations.

We went to our first one last year. We had 2. One was on Sunday, the other Tuesday. Sunday was horrible. So crowded you could not move, it was a SOLD OUT party night. The first party always sells out, if it were me knowing what I know now, I would no do it, especially with the ages of the children. My 20 year old was so frustrated we did not even stay for the parade. Tuesday night was so different, not a SOLD OUT party and was totally different, really enjoyed it. If I had 2,4 years old I would not go until they were older to get the value out of the price you are paying. Honestly EEMagic was really good for us, and I would defininately do that again.

Going in November for our 1st Christmas party and really looking forward to it. What is the one character that you like to get your picture with?
That is a hard one, once they release the list of characters, it depends on who you like. We did 7 Drawfs and Jack and Sally, and all the Pooh characters, they were our must dos, but you have to be prepared to wait in line, for the 3 we probably waited a total of 3-1/2 hours.

I LOVE the Christmas party and have attended in the area of Veterans Day weekend for 3 of the last 4 years. I would not recommend it for your circumstances, however — preschoolers, first party of the year, and last day of your trip don’t add up to a magical Christmas experience IMO. I say wait until your children are old enough to stay up super late and be able to remember it for years to come! Have fun on your trip whichever way you decide! ☺️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter