Very little entertainment in August or am I missing something?

Dingdingding

Mouseketeer
We've booked for the period 26th August till the 30th (Saturday till Wednesday). As things look now (complete till Tuesday, Wednesday will be published tomorow) according to the Disneyland website we would only have Wondrous Journeys in Disneyland on Saturday, same for the Parade, Rogers and Storytelling at the Royal Theater. The rest of the week the only shows are World of Color and Tale of the Lion King (the latter only Sunday and Monday). We're Disneyland first timers and I expected more as we're visiting in the summer but is it normal that there are so few shows from Sunday till Tuesday (possibly Wednesday)? Or is it that they don't know the times yet and it will be completed later?

We've booked for the period 26th August till the 30th (Saturday till Wednesday). As things look now (complete till Tuesday, Wednesday will be published tomorow) according to the Disneyland website we would only have Wondrous Journeys in Disneyland on Saturday, same for the Parade, Rogers and Storytelling at the Royal Theater. The rest of the week the only shows are World of Color and Tale of the Lion King (the latter only Sunday and Monday). We're Disneyland first timers and I expected more as we're visiting in the summer but is it normal that there are so few shows from Sunday till Tuesday (possibly Wednesday)? Or is it that they don't know the times yet and it will be completed later?
Things will be added to the schedule as we gets closer. Don't worry.

This is for Saturday August 5th ...I would expect something similar.

Schedules​

Atmosphere Entertainment
"it's a small world" Encanto Projection9:00 PM10:00 PM10:30 PM11:00 PM11:30 PM
Disneyland Band at Castle Promenade10:00 AM
Disneyland Band at Frontierland10:50 AM
Disneyland Band at Main Street, U.S.A.11:45 AM12:35 PM2:10 PM3:15 PM4:30 PM
Flag Retreat Ceremony4:30 PM
Golden Horseshoe Piano Player12:30 PM1:30 PM2:30 PM3:30 PM4:40 PM5:30 PM6:30 PM
Jambalaya Jazz3:15 PM4:05 PM5:00 PM6:00 PM
Main Street Piano Player11:55 AM12:50 PM1:45 PM2:45 PM4:00 PM4:55 PM5:50 PM
Pearly Band at Castle Courtyard8:30 AM9:20 AM10:20 AM11:15 AM
Pearly Band near "it's a small world"1:00 PM1:55 PM2:40 PM
Stitch's Interplanetary Beach Party Blast7:00 PM to 11:00 PM
The Bootstrappers8:30 AM9:30 AM10:30 AM11:30 AM12:35 PM1:30 PM2:30 PM
The Dapper Dans11:00 AM11:45 AM12:35 PM1:30 PM2:35 PM4:30 PM5:30 PM

I believe Disney has stated somewhere officially that the current fireworks show runs through August 31. I haven't heard any updates about parade status. Disneyland waited a long time to bring the parade back, so we don't yet have an established post-Covid closure pattern. Personally I would expect the parade to run through at least August 31 and it would be a shame if it didn't run during the Halloween season since there is no Halloween parade in Disneyland park. The Lion King show regularly only runs 3 or 4 days a week, the weekend and a couple adjacent days, I just can't remember if it's a Thursday-Sunday schedule or something different. Rogers is supposed to run through August 31 but it is always dark on Sundays and Mondays. I would expect the regular atmosphere entertainment that joseph821 references, but not everything is offered 7 days a week so if there are particular things you want to see you will indeed need to watch the calendar so you can plan. Tuesdays and Wednesdays are the days I have sometimes noticed less entertainment being available.

Thank you! That is reassuring to hear! I understand that there won't be the full pack every day but I this was fewer than I expected. I understand that we should plan a little but I'm happy that we probably don't have to do everything on Saturday!

I mentioned in my earlier post about the fact there was no reservations opportunity at all for Plaza Inn Parade package or Tomorrowland Terrace Dinner in the Stars package after 8/27. Now the schedule so far confirms the same things, no parade or fireworks. Yet, word of color and a few other things do show up.

Last year at this time there was both each weekday. Don't know what is up. I am hoping they are just really behind in determining post 8/27 items, but I have a bad feeling at this point. To not have anything special shows at Disneyland the last week of August would be incredibly disappointing.

I mentioned in my earlier post about the fact there was no reservations opportunity at all for Plaza Inn Parade package or Tomorrowland Terrace Dinner in the Stars package after 8/27. Now the schedule so far confirms the same things, no parade or fireworks. Yet, word of color and a few other things do show up.

Last year at this time there was both each weekday. Don't know what is up. I am hoping they are just really behind in determining post 8/27 items, but I have a bad feeling at this point. To not have anything special shows at Disneyland the last week of August would be incredibly disappointing.
I would still watch the Disneyland calendar and dining availability daily (and multiple times if need be). The Tommowland Terrace Dinner in the Stars package is seasonal. It started in May and usually ends in late August. It is directly connected to fireworks show. As far as the dining package/parade viewing at Plaza Inn, check dining availability often. As parade times are added usually the package shows up.

I would still watch the Disneyland calendar and dining availability daily (and multiple times if need be). The Tommowland Terrace Dinner in the Stars package is seasonal. It started in May and usually ends in late August. It is directly connected to fireworks show. As far as the dining package/parade viewing at Plaza Inn, check dining availability often. As parade times are added usually the package shows up.
Yes, I do check daily. *sigh* It's such a nice fireworks show, that is the one thing I really, really want to happen during our time there. I also have a dining alert set up for the parade package just in case. If/when I do see something I will reply here to note it.

Fireworks are now on the schedule for last week of August for Disneyland (no mention of the Jazz band performances for that week, but I think they will show up eventually).

No parade yet.

Some of the World of Color One shows have only the 9pm showing mentioned. This happened last year, and then they added in the 2nd show again to the schedule.

Yes I was surprised I was able to book tickets for the second showing for WOC in September but there are no parades or anything else listed. Kind of surprised they're not doing more for the hundredth birthday, I know it would be early but since they don't have Fantasmic going on or the parade it seems like they'd be doing something.

Just saw the Magic Happens Parade now populating on the schedule for the last week of August. However, Plaza Inn Dining package and Tomorrowland Terrace availability are still not showing up (stating is is not available for those days). I am hoping it is just a slow system update.

Just saw the Magic Happens Parade now populating on the schedule for the last week of August. However, Plaza Inn Dining package and Tomorrowland Terrace availability are still not showing up (stating is is not available for those days). I am hoping it is just a slow system update.
Keep checking dining availability to see when they pop up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter