Very last minute planning...help!

sageandbelle

Earning My Ears
So, I booked a spontaneous trip at Caribbean Beach for MLK Weekend. I got a great deal and was very happy BUT because I am making plans so late, I’m a tad concerned. We’re planning on going to HS on the 19th and are going to try and arrive early for ROTR. If that doesn’t work out, it is what it is, we’ll move on. FP for ToT is available which we’ll be getting + Star tours + a third throw away. So ultimately my question is how do we attempt to ride a good amount of rides on such a crowded weekend last minute? Is it even possible? Because it’s going to be such a big weekend, how good are our chances using the refresh method on MDE for FPs? There are EMH 8-10 PM which we will definitely be utilizing but I don’t know if it will honestly be a difference crowd rise. Any advice for this daunting trip?

Edit: I understand this trip will be difficult and I don’t have any high expectations. Just looking for any advice to help make the most of it :-)

Last edited:
I think you will probably be able to get a 4th for TOT again or Rockin Rollercoaster. If you rope drop the park, I think you'll probably have a good chance at getting a BG for ROTR and rope dropping MFSR. Another strategy could be to rope drop and get a BG for ROTR but then go back to Toy Story since MFSR can have generally lower lines during the day than SDD.

Your result may vary, but here's what I would try. Rope drop and hope for ROTR, while walking to SDD. If it's 30 minutes or less, do it until it's not! ;-)
Depending on your group, the single rider line at RnR may be pretty short, and you might squeeze in a ride there.

Have fun! We pretty much always go holiday weekends, as my wife is a teacher and I travel for work, it's about the only time that makes sense.

You shouldn't have issues. I planned a last minute trip(3 days before leaving). You probably won't get FP+ for rides like Slonky Dog, Flight of Passage, and Seven Dwarves in advance. But i got FP+ for all of theae rides the day of. Just need to keep refreshing FP+ times in MDE.

I also have a trip planned for 1/27-2/1 and only booked it 6 days ago and got FP+ for everything except Slinky and Flight of Passage. I did book after hours for AK so FOP won't be a problem to get on. You may want to consider Early Morning Magic or After Hours if you want to guarantee you can get on everything you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter