Very Disappointed in Poly Club Level

Fair enough. But don’t scowl at me and pour me literally 3 splashes of baileys like I’ve done something wrong
Happened to us once at YC 10 minutes prior to closing. They had cleared away all of the cordials, so husband asked a CM for Kahlua.. He was told no and I went up and reminded the CM that they were not closed yet. He grudgingly went in the back and poured him a small amount, scowling the entire time. That was one particular CM but it does leave a bad impression.

I was there New Years Eve weekend. I was impressed with the staff. I was not impressed with the offerings.

Considering how busy it was the staff was on it! Also very accommodating for drink requests during the day.

I really think after staying at many of the CL’s post Covid it’s the budget they are given. You can tell a short cut when you see it.
GF and CR definitely improved each trip the past 2 years. I would go back to those for sure. I would still do poly because I stay for building location wine and coffee. That works!
Over the 4th of July the wine was served in plastic cups. :sad2::crazy2: That is not acceptable unless you want to take it to the pool. Even getting coffee in the morning was a challenge. The coffee is blocked by the line for the food. :sad2: I book CL just for the morning coffee. :laughing: I don't think we will stay CL at the Poly again. The coffee should by placed where they put the wine in the afternoon. That would have freed up a lot of space in the food line, and make it possible to get a cup of coffee without standing in the food line. I need at least 2 cups of coffee before I can even consider eating. We hardly ate or drank anything, it just wasn't worth the effort.

Over the 4th of July the wine was served in plastic cups. :sad2::crazy2: That is not acceptable unless you want to take it to the pool. Even getting coffee in the morning was a challenge. The coffee is blocked by the line for the food. :sad2: I book CL just for the morning coffee. :laughing: I don't think we will stay CL at the Poly again.
Wine in plastic? Yuck
The coffee should by placed where they put the wine in the afternoon.
Love this idea.
That would have freed up a lot of space in the food line, and make it possible to get a cup of coffee without standing in the food line. I need at least 2 cups of coffee before I can even consider eating. We hardly ate or drank anything, it just wasn't worth the effort.
I need 2 ☕️just to see lol.

Over the 4th of July the wine was served in plastic cups. :sad2::crazy2: That is not acceptable unless you want to take it to the pool. Even getting coffee in the morning was a challenge. The coffee is blocked by the line for the food. :sad2: I book CL just for the morning coffee. :laughing: I don't think we will stay CL at the Poly again. The coffee should by placed where they put the wine in the afternoon. That would have freed up a lot of space in the food line, and make it possible to get a cup of coffee without standing in the food line. I need at least 2 cups of coffee before I can even consider eating. We hardly ate or drank anything, it just wasn't worth the effort.

And the Nespresso line. I have grown to hate that thing. Too complicated, creates congestion. I know good machines are very expensive but they need to bite the bullet and upgrade to something else that works/is easier to operate (in my humble opinion). I’ve seen a lot of newer/better touch-screen type setups in airport lounges and such, time for WDW to upgrade.

To conclude this, it did not seem understaffed to me. They always seemed to have a lot of people around. Lots of interns which was puzzling to me- why Poly club level? Most were very nice but they knew zero about the resort and couldn’t answer basic questions.

The lack of items, not replenishing things, attitude of staff continued throughout. Today, I went up around lunchtime. Bowl of chips had about 4 small chips in it. I greeted the young woman standing there, asked for a paper plate and asked if she was going to refill it please so I could take some to the pool. She looked me dead in the eye and said “let’s see how you do with those first, okay? Then if you need more, let me know” and turned and walked away. Astounded, I waited and when she came back I said, I absolutely needed more, I’d like a plate to take to the pool. She rudely and annoyedly filled the bowl and then gave me a gigantic fake, condescending smile and said “well since you asked SO nicely”. I was Annoyed but I asked her to refill that bowl in a perfectly polite, professional way. I wasn’t warm and fuzzy to her but I was not in snotty at all. I couldn’t believe her attitude. I pulled the manager aside and she apologized and said “I think she’s socially awkward”. WTH!?!? Why the heck is she working with guests at the most expensive resort/ room on property? Tonight they had one plate of macarons, about 12 on the plate. Never replaced and nothing else substituted. Just more examples. I will never book Poly club level again (sad)

I agree on congestion making it hard to get to things too. That has always been the case with Poly because it’s too small though. I will say it was the most crowded I’ve ever seen the lounge- often nowhere to sit. And I’ve been a few times on 4th of July. This was more crowded.

Ooh, a final capper! Stopped at desk on 1st floor to ask to generate a final bill. We had some credits I wanted to make sure were correct. My husband is there with me. We each have a glass of wine. We have one extra beer between us. I ask hubby to maybe go get 1 more beer to bring to room. While waiting, I slide the existing beer in my pocket and I pick up his wine so it isn’t sitting on their desk to be polite. Just stand there. Guy says (in a rude way) “I really need to remind you ma’am of the 2 alcoholic beverages pp policy”. What?!?! You literally just saw my husband and heard me ask him to get a beer. Making our grand total 2 per person! I am actually really glad we are leaving. About half the interactions with staff made me feel bad or upset or frustrated. Not relaxing at all.

Ooh, a final capper! Stopped at desk on 1st floor to ask to generate a final bill. We had some credits I wanted to make sure were correct. My husband is there with me. We each have a glass of wine. We have one extra beer between us. I ask hubby to maybe go get 1 more beer to bring to room. While waiting, I slide the existing beer in my pocket and I pick up his wine so it isn’t sitting on their desk to be polite. Just stand there. Guy says (in a rude way) “I really need to remind you ma’am of the 2 alcoholic beverages pp policy”. What?!?! You literally just saw my husband and heard me ask him to get a beer. Making our grand total 2 per person! I am actually really glad we are leaving. About half the interactions with staff made me feel bad or upset or frustrated. Not relaxing at all.
Wow. Shamed by a CM. Twice, counting your chips thing. That’s really awful. And honestly, the kind of thing that would send me right back to non-CL.

Wow. Shamed by a CM. Twice, counting your chips thing. That’s really awful. And honestly, the kind of thing that would send me right back to non-CL.
And unnecessarily. We had 2 drinks each! It wasn’t like we were hauling away a cart load. Same guy who never looked up once the entire 5 days to greet us when we entered the club area.

I swear half the time, it felt like they were getting a bonus if they were stingy with the food.

And the Nespresso line. I have grown to hate that thing. Too complicated, creates congestion. I know good machines are very expensive but they need to bite the bullet and upgrade to something else that works/is easier to operate (in my humble opinion). I’ve seen a lot of newer/better touch-screen type setups in airport lounges and such, time for WDW to upgrade.
I agree, I don't use the Nespresso either, its too complicated to use before coffee. I loved the machine they had in RPC years ago. So easy to use all you had to do was put your cup under it and push a button...out came a perfect cappuccino, latte or americano. I can understand why they got rid of it though. It was labor intensive for the CMs. They had to keep it filled with coffee beans, whole and fat free milk. It also required frequent cleaning. Anyway I have a Nespresso at home, not a fancy one but it does the job.

I’m shocked they didn’t bother to replace it in the remodel with a good one. Thing is miserable.

@conandrob240 I’d have lost my mind a couple types dealing with all that nonsense! Dismissing your experience because they believe someone is socially awkward- that manager deserves to be fired. Putting CMs in jobs they know the CM cannot do, utter incompetence!

I can buy a signature meal + each day for the price differences I am seeing. I don't drink enough Disney level wine to compensate.
Drizly in Orlando is excellent. Really fast and more options that you can imagine. And Wal Mart will deliver cheap alcohol.

I did enjoy the POG mimosa in the club, though.

I totally agree about the coffee machine (and thought it was just me....). It's too complicated for me and very inaccessible with the food line right there. This is the machine at Portofino and I fell in love with using it several times a day. It was so simple - just press the button of what you want.

8449E6F2-6BAD-4B2D-B4BC-E857C1549B0C.jpegFA83EAF7-1B15-42DB-A48E-B5449D4AF6F7.jpeg

I think everyone does what works best for them.
We've never stayed Poly CL as it's never appealed to us. After reading recent posts it's a permanent no go. On the other hand, our BWI and YC CL vacations have been wonderful. I wouldn't hesitate to book either again.
I agree. I’m schocked hearing about this after our CL stay at BWI last summer. We always popped in and out of there, as our room was right there. Family of 5, grab whatever we need, extra drink to bring wherever, candy bags, whatever food and drinks we wanted, CMs were great, friendly and helpful.

I agree. I’m schocked hearing about this after our CL stay at BWI last summer. We always popped in and out of there, as our room was right there. Family of 5, grab whatever we need, extra drink to bring wherever, candy bags, whatever food and drinks we wanted, CMs were great, friendly and helpful.
I've always read that the BWI CL is one of the best. As if they always have tried harder and continue to do so.

Yikes

I remember on time in RPC there was a group of us waiting for the chocolate cover strawberries to be replenished and before I could get to the counter some guy who was hovering nearby snatched the whole plate, took it back to his group. I think they ate 2 then left after 5 minutes and yes the untouched strawberries were thrown out because of greedy people.

Then on our only stay at BC CL we saw chair hogs. They must have had every chair in the lounge at their table so their group would have a place to sit. I think I took one saying sorry they aren't here yet and they can have it when I'm finished. Meanwhile just as we were getting ready to leave the group came in and there were a bunch of extra chairs.

The CR was also a giant mess. Glad we were only there for one night

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter