very confused!!

nancyv58

Mouseketeer
We have never stayed at the Swan or Dolphin but these threads have me very excited to try it. I joined the SPG today. We have an amex card with several points, should we keep this card or change to the one with spg? I need a room for June 1 and when I called (before I joined the spg) the rate quoted was 305.00. This was way too steep for me. I also inquired about Oct. 29-Nov. 2 and received a rate of 99.00 for a standard room (again before I joined spg) I did not book it yet, discussing with my DH tonight. So another question do I book the standard room and get a free upgrade (sorry I'm so confused). Can we transfer points from our amex to the spg program? Which motel do you like better and why? What rooms should you request? We are also DVC members so don't usually stay at another property but are out of points for the rest of this year. Thanks for all your help.

Nancy, let me try to answer some of your questions...first of all - grab that $99 a night rate because that is the lowest I've seen at either the Swan or the Dolphin in a very long time! I don't think the rate of exchange of AmEx points to the SPG program is very good, you may only get 1 SPG point for every three AmEx points! We have only stayed at the Dolphin but the Swan rooms have been recently renovated and have the wonderful heavenly beds. If you post your questions on Dreamflight99's Swan/Dolphin thread you will get a lot of wonderful info on the resorts! By the way, we have a Starwood AmEx and all of our purchases become points for our Dolphin vacations!;)

Nancy,

There's a dedicated link which will help answer all your SPG questions here .

Hope this helps!
--diane :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter