Very bad experience with candlelight processional last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disneyworldpirate

Earning My Ears
I attended the candlelight processional last night with John Stamos as the guest. We waited in the standby line and got a seat in the back. About 1/3 into the show I wanted to get a picture of John Stamos before we leave. We didnt wanna stay for the whole show. So we stood up and and I was I headed to the center row all the way in the back to take a quick picture. Immediately 2 cast members rushed over to me and said I couldnt stand up and take a picture in an aisle. I told them "are you kidding me". I ignored them and took the picture and told them I would be leaving after I got the picture. They gave me the nastiest looks and stared at us until we left. They told me at the candlelight processional that people need to stay seated. This is so different then the Eat to The Beat concert series where guests can take pictures and walk around. Why is staff being so serious with the candlelight processional. Also the staff is ridiculous about roping everything off during the candlelight processional. Why not allow it open for people to come and go after the seats have been filled. This makes me so angry after spending all this money.

I'm going to assume this is more like a theatre type thing where people remain seated rather than a concert where people are up dancing and singing. Would you think it was ok to stand up and walk around to get a photo during a play at a theatre? I feel like you are in the wrong here.

I attended the candlelight processional last night with John Stamos as the guest. We waited in the standby line and got a seat in the back. About 1/3 into the show I wanted to get a picture of John Stamos before we leave. We didnt wanna stay for the whole show. So we stood up and and I was I headed to the center row all the way in the back to take a quick picture. Immediately 2 cast members rushed over to me and said I couldnt stand up and take a picture in an aisle. I told them "are you kidding me". I ignored them and took the picture and told them I would be leaving after I got the picture. They gave me the nastiest looks and stared at us until we left. They told me at the candlelight processional that people need to stay seated. This is so different then the Eat to The Beat concert series where guests can take pictures and walk around. Why is staff being so serious with the candlelight processional. Also the staff is ridiculous about roping everything off during the candlelight processional. Why not allow it open for people to come and go after the seats have been filled. This makes me so angry after spending all this money.
It’s totally different then an eat to the beat concert. The narrator at the CP is telling a story. It’s more of a solemn religious/spiritual experience, sort of like being at church. It’s definitely not a place to walk around and take pictures or come and go as you please. I get why the staff was being so serious.

We walked by that area of the park around 5:00 yesterday and the only bad experience I noticed were the poor people waiting in the rain for the 5:15 show, which can’t be helped.

The whole Candlelight Processional is a big mess. Wait for hours in line only to always get stuck in the back. We certainly enjoy the other concert series they have at the theater during other festivals. The Candlelight Processional IMO is the most overrated show at WDW. Of course, with that we are going again this year :(

So your behavior was boorish and you are angry with Disney? Of course, they don't want people standing in the aisles. Imagine how many people would be standing up taking pictures during the performance which would be distracting and rude to everyone else. Thank goodness others are able to respect the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter