• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vero Beach to ship?

We ususally take the scenic route to Vero Beach Disney Resort (A1A) from our house. It takes approx 45 mins. If you take A1A all the way up to the port--I'd give myself an hour and a half--in case of traffic and lights. If you want to get on to 95--give yourself a little less. I always like to be first at the port (in line). Like I said, from my house in Melbourne, taking A1A to VB--45 mins. and then from my house in Melbourne taking US1 or 95 to the port--30 mins. So an hour and a half SHOULD be fine.

Thanks. We're going to take our time. Usually we like to be first in line also, but this time we don't have any ressies to make. No Palo or spa. Just a short cruise. :D

By the way--I don't know what days you'll be at the Vero Beach resort OR if the brunch is even offered every day or not, but we did their brunch in Sonia's(or Sonya's --however you spell it--the resorts restaurant) on a Sun. morning in early Dec. last year and it was really good. It may just be Sundays--but it was packed. Just a thought in case you want to call and find out. Have fun with your adorable little girl!!!

Thanks! We are heading over there Sunday and leaving Thursday. I'll check it out!

sdoane,
We returned from our first visit to Vero Beach yesterday. If you haven't been there yet, it is beautiful. The ride to Port Canaveral is a breeze (compared to the ride from Clearwater to the Parks). Have a wonderful short cruise to hold you over to the next 7 night voyage - my daughters and I did the same this year : a 7 night in January/ 4 night in May and another 7 night planned for this coming January.

gassmandy,
We are going to be neighbors. I recieved a job offer from the Imperial Spa, will begin there on Tuesday and signed a lease on a property in Palm Bay! All of this is happening too quickly. Our rental won't be ready until August 1st and I am scrambling to find an affordable hotel/motel for two weeks. Any suggestions?

Dawn Hope

Dawn Hope--first of all congrats!! The Imperial Salon has a VERY good reputation in town. I've heard they're one of the first places in town to do that japanese bio-ionic hair straightening--which I want to get done!! (So keep me informed because the guy who I was going to doesn't do it and was trying to talk me into one of those "old school" straightening jobs. Not to mention he also cut my hair crooked). Where in Palm Bay? I work at The Majors Golf Club at Bayside Lakes. As far as an affordable hotel/motel-it depends on how much you'd want to spend. There's one off 95 at the Wickham rd. exit(same exit for Imp. Sal.) right by the Cracker Barrel--I think its a Baymont Inn?? They may have weekly rates. I would also talk to the owner of the Imperial salon. She may have connections!! Like I said keep me updated because I've been wanting to go talk to someone at the IS about getting my hair straightened--a lot easier w/ a 12 week old than having to blow dry it straight all the time!! :)

gassmandy,
Thanks so much for the suggestions. We will be at Lighthouse Pointe for a year or so until we check out the area and find where I would like to purchase.
By the way I specialize in Prenatal, POSTPARTUM and labor massage - postpartum technically lasts a good six months. Feel free to send me a private email with your email address and we can keep in touch!

Dawn Hope

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter