VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

Hello! We are going to Vero for the first time August 2022. I started reading this 56 page thread, but a lot of it is very old... I do love looking at the photos though! We are huge beach people, and love spending the whole day reading and relaxing on the sand. The main question I have is do guests normally bring their own beach chairs & umbrellas? or do most rent them from the resort? Thank you for any advice!

Hello! We are going to Vero for the first time August 2022. I started reading this 56 page thread, but a lot of it is very old... I do love looking at the photos though! We are huge beach people, and love spending the whole day reading and relaxing on the sand. The main question I have is do guests normally bring their own beach chairs & umbrellas? or do most rent them from the resort? Thank you for any advice!
We bring our own sand chairs and shade covering for the beach. We use the resort chairs/lounges at the pool. In fact, I believe personal chairs are not allowed in the pool area.

We bring our own sand chairs and shade covering for the beach. We use the resort chairs/lounges at the pool. In fact, I believe personal chairs are not allowed in the pool area.
Great, that is perfect! Thank you so much! Also... are we allowed to bring a small backpack cooler with canned beverages to the beach?

We got back a few weeks ago. We bring our own beach chairs for the beach We did have a cooler for beach and pool (no glass and you are good to go).

Anyone know how long it takes to drive from MCO to Vero Beach? I did Google maps, but always good to have real experiences! Our flight is getting in 1/2 hour later now, 8:45pm, so trying to estimate our arrival time. It's our first visit to Vero Beach, just 2 nts before our cruise in June.

Thanks!

These are from our Vero Beach trip last july, wife absolutely loves this resort so we’re owners now and returning this June

for those that go to WDW after a Vero beach Stay. Which route do you take, I95 up to 528 then to 417 or crossover to 192 in to Disney World? Which is faster?

for those that go to WDW after a Vero beach Stay. Which route do you take, I95 up to 528 then to 417 or crossover to 192 in to Disney World? Which is faster?
It depends on the time of day. Right now on Saturday morning at 9:30am Google maps estimates the 528 route to be 2 minutes faster, But that is taking 528 to 1-4 and not 417.

I95-528-417. Sometimes if traffic is crazy on 95 I go I95-520-528. I travel it often as my parents live in the community just south of the resort. Going 192 adds a lot of time.

We will be visiting Vero Beach this August for the first time for ten days. We have been doing research and saw vlogs and read reviews than panned the food at the sit down restaurant. Is it really that bad? Does the resort provide a print out of restaurant recommendations like HHI does, or do we just go by word of mouth? Should we book anything in advance?

We have enjoyed all our food and meals at the Vero Beach resort. We have never asked for recommendations or a list like Hilton Head does. Had not even thought about it since we have been there before but we also have friends who have a second home and one a condo. They know more than we do. Not enough time to try them all. There are quiet a few. We did ask at the Disney Hilton Head resort our first time there. Some restaurants on their list offer a 10% discount to DVC members. I would ask. They might make some recommendations. I might do that myself if I remember next time we visit. Curious.

If one is staying for more than a few nights, one might want to experience some local/touristy places to try out. We have and always look for a new one. This is in addition to our meals at the resort quick service or sit down. There is a nice FB group also titled Disney Vero Beach Resort. Many recommendations from owners, visitors, locals, etc. If you decide to go to Ocean Grill at Vero - and we loved it - get ready to wait or go early if you can't eat late. They only take reservations for a party of 5 or more.

We stayed at Vero Beach for the first time—just one night but arrived early and stayed late—and LOVED it.
The pool and beach are divine.
So much fun playing mini golf and going to the campfire smore party.
Everything we ate at Wind and Waves was perfection.

If I wasn’t still scratching my noseeum bites I’d be trying to book it again right now! Those noseeums are evil.

We’ll for sure be back!

We loved Vero but did think it was just as expensive as being at the parks, which I hadn’t expected. If you plan to eat at Ocean Grill, I definitely recommend making reservations. We were there in July 2021 and we’re not able to get a table as walk ins any of the nights we tried. Luckily we had reservations for the 2 nights we did eat there.

We loved Vero but did think it was just as expensive as being at the parks, which I hadn’t expected. If you plan to eat at Ocean Grill, I definitely recommend making reservations. We were there in July 2021 and we’re not able to get a table as walk ins any of the nights we tried. Luckily we had reservations for the 2 nights we did eat there.

Were you a party of 5? Curious because last month we were told reservations only for a party of 5. First night we went, 2 hour wait. We ended up going to Mulligan's. We went back the next night much earlier and waited 1 1/2 hours. But we were not eating at 9pm so that was fine. We were two couples.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter