• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

Yes we have a car, we would probably be willing to go up to 25 miles away and we don't want to go V & A expensive but it doesn't have to be cheap. Thanks.
Ocean Grill, Bobby’s, CJ Cannon’s… a bit further in Malabar, but my favorite of all, is Yellow Dog Cafe. That may be close to 30 minutes north.
Lots of second tier places in Sebastian.They are good, but more party oriented. Indian River Dr is party central.

Here's a weird one. Got a package from UPS in the mail today. In the envelope was a Magic Band I didn't even realize I lost back at the resort... get this... a year ago! :earseek: I was NOT expecting that one but that was so nice of them to send back without even asking for it.

Ocean Grill, Bobby’s, CJ Cannon’s… a bit further in Malabar, but my favorite of all, is Yellow Dog Cafe. That may be close to 30 minutes north.
Lots of second tier places in Sebastian.They are good, but more party oriented. Indian River Dr is party central.

Thanks for the tip on the Yellow Dog Café, I think we will try this restaurant the next time we stay at Vero Beach. The location looks really nice and the menu looks very interesting and tasty as well.

Renting points for May-do all the rooms have balconies?
thanks!
To the best of my knowledge, yes. That said, beware some inn rooms have the solid wall instead of a railing. Can’t see squat while sitting, although have a nice view if looking over the wall.

Staying here in mid March for the first time (switched at the 7 month mark from Aulani, Hawaii is getting a bit ridiculous right now). Hopefully we can make it, coming from Canada with mixed vaccines.... otherwise guess we will be renting it out. Sigh. Really want to try VB!

Just returned home from 6 nights at VB and had a wonderful trip. We reserved a standard view inn room (all we could get when we decided to go) but were contacted as we were driving to the resort that there was an engineering issue with our room and were asked if we would be willing to stay in a 3rd floor studio in Building 11. We were happy with the change! Resort was great, CMs were fabulous, weather was nearly perfect. We did not participate in any resort activities, but there were plenty listed, that in retrospect, we should have joined. We enjoyed dinner at Wind & Waves at the resort our first night there and visited the Green Cabin Room several nights. We ventured away from the resort most days including a trip to Round Island State Park to take a short hike, McKee Botanical Garden in Vero and one day drove to Stuart Florida for a visit to the downtown/river view area. Some of our restaurant choices away from the resort included Mo-Bay in Sebastian, Ocean Grill in Vero, Kilted Mermaid in Vero, Spritz City Bistro in Stuart and Chill & Grill (just a few miles from the resort on Hwy 1). All our meals were delicious and we would certainly return to any of the restaurants listed.

I can’t remember, but I feel this was the case (in past). Do magicbands work on the room doors and pool gates?

Just returned home from 6 nights at VB and had a wonderful trip.

Glad you had a fabulous trip. Any chance you have a copy of the weekly schedule you could share? Do you know if campfires happened while you were there?

We did not use MagicBands while we were there, but I saw others using them and the people checking in ahead of us had the front desk CM activate magic bands for their family.

Sorry, I thought I had saved the activities papers, but can't seem to find them.

Thanks. I will be bringing up my magic bands!

Also, as an FYI, when you use the Disney Vero site to check-in, the "add a celebration" to your reservation feature is not working. I ended up calling the resort to add that to our ressie. I also added a room request, knowing full well, it is not a sure thing. Also, while I could add the Vero ressie to MDE, it won't let you check in that way. You have to do it on the Vero specific site.

I had read a blog (pre-Covid times) of a pastry chef on-site who can make birthday cakes. I just left a VM to inquire. I will let you guys know in case that is something that interests anyone.

So just an FYI, they still are doing made-to-order cakes at Vero. You can prepay or pay for it with your meal at Wind & Waves. Smallest cake serves 4-6 and is Mickey ears hat shaped. They can personalize a message on the ears.

To order a cake, you can call 772-234-2174.

Let’s update this thread with some pics and an idea of a current schedule of activities!

We had a fun mini stay that started with the security guard at the gate serenading my daughter for her birthday. Our Inn room was ready by 11:39AM and we got our room request. Check-in CM activated our magic bands which worked for the room, pool area, and for contactless payment.

We had Room 2312. Standard view but you get the pool and ocean. It’s L-shaped with a larger room and bathroom.

View from balcony:

We enjoyed the pool and beach. the quick service was all right, but I felt it was better a couple years ago. Stay away from Walt’s chili and the mahi tacos.

Had dinner onsite. Like others, I also have to rave about the French onion soup. I also enjoyed the shrimp and grits. Hubby had the short ribs.

FYI For both the Wind and Waves (table service) and gift shop, they take AP discounts. (No AP discount at quick service.)

Cont’d next post…

Attachments

• 16D6908C-6FE3-477A-96F8-E27D608F62C3.jpeg
    16D6908C-6FE3-477A-96F8-E27D608F62C3.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 06FF7C7C-C832-497B-A648-4EBEB6BBE865.jpeg
    06FF7C7C-C832-497B-A648-4EBEB6BBE865.jpeg
    78.3 KB · Views: 5
  • EAC86A85-EF7B-492C-A95C-36ADC0FC9F92.jpeg
    EAC86A85-EF7B-492C-A95C-36ADC0FC9F92.jpeg
    117 KB · Views: 5
  • 7694B825-1ADE-4B42-B5D9-9E7320A0055C.jpeg
    7694B825-1ADE-4B42-B5D9-9E7320A0055C.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
It rained this AM…

…so we decided to eat at Wind and Waves for breakfast. I had the Best Mickey waffles ever with a Key lime compost.

Hubby had the BLTE (above)

While at Vero, I highly recommend taking some portraits our on the beach deck at dusk. That golden hour is perfect for lighting.

As promised, here’s the schedule. Campfires are still not happening, but most everything else seems to be in the schedule. They’re movies offered in the evening on the big lawn

Poolside dance parties with the DJ and the slide races occurred. I was told they hope to have character meals again soon. I did notice there will be. Thanksgiving dinner as in the past will be offered (reservations needed).
Masks are still required indoors. Lounge chairs are still distanced at the pool and tables are distanced inside the restaurant. There’s bug repellent available for the No-see-ums in the evening.

CMs are awesome as always, and everything was clean and well kept. You won’t be disappointed at Vero!

Wife and I did a long weekend at WDW to see some of the 50th stuff and new nighttime shows. We added on one night to end our trip at VB. We love every DVC property we go to but we were really impressed by VB. We were there about 24 hours so didn’t get to do a ton but that was fine because we just relaxed pool side and enjoyed the quiet vibe of the whole property. Just wanted to give a few random thoughts about our overnight trip.
-CMs were awesome. Always willing to do anything they could to make us feel welcome or address any questions.
-Had no idea what to expect but it was way more secluded and “private” feeling. Loved that aspect. Felt like we could really disconnect and relax.
-Had dinner at Ocean Grill. Just 2 of us and had about a 45 minute wait. Figured it would be crowded but was worth the wait. The way they go all out for Halloween decor inside is awesome.
-decided last minute to get breakfast at Wind & Waves before heading back to airport. Had the cinnamon bun pancakes and they were good. A little too heavy on the icing but who doesn’t love a sugar rush that early in the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter