VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

We saw that when we were in Publix. How is their pizza? TIA!😆

We get their pizza every year and it is good. We come down for our trip, check-in, stop at the pizza place and place our order and tell them to give us about an hour while we grocery shop. We shop, load the car, grab the pizzas, then back to the resort. I am GF/dairy-free and they have 2 nice crust options.

We get their pizza every year and it is good. We come down for our trip, check-in, stop at the pizza place and place our order and tell them to give us about an hour while we grocery shop. We shop, load the car, grab the pizzas, then back to the resort. I am GF/dairy-free and they have 2 nice crust options.
Thank you for including that you are GF/dairy-free! I'm the same so that's a great idea while we are grocery shopping for our trip.

So what’s the control on the pool if one is allowed in for drinks? Magic band to prove that you are staying there, like at Stormalong Bay.? Certainly hope so, as pool gets crowded enough
Yeah, the pool is gated. I suppose someone could try to be a pool crasher, but I seriously doubt that happens much.

W
Yeah, the pool is gated. I suppose someone could try to be a pool crasher, but I seriously doubt that happens much.
When the Poly Volcano Pool was built I was glad to hear that the pool was gated..same with Stormalong Bay and Riviera..folks get off of Gondola and walk around Riviera, grab lunch or drink but can’t get into pools..
That’s the way it should be..Hoping that Vero has a similar system to check MBs or key cards to control the oool chairs etc

Thank you for including that you are GF/dairy-free! I'm the same so that's a great idea while we are grocery shopping for our trip.
We tried their pizza last night, it was delicious! They are huge - a ‘personal’ pizza was about 12”, and they also had 16” and 18”. The GF crust was a cauliflower one. I did not see dairy free cheese as an option. Note there is a special on Monday / Tuesday - 16” cheese pizza fo $8.99. It took about 25 min, so ideal to shop next door in Publix while waiting!

Has anyone done a Vero Beach and cruise combo vacation from port canaveral.

I’m thinking of it April 2023 as a more relaxed Disney trip away from ‘world’ but wondering if it actually makes sense of a trip?

I’m thinking of it April 2023 as a more relaxed Disney trip away from ‘world’ but wondering if it actually makes sense of a trip?
We have often gone to VB for a day before our DCL cruises! Usually they are out of Port Canaveral, but we have also traveled to Port of Miami.

Would I be right to assume that you need to drive really from VB to port?
I haven’t driven in the US before but think I would be happy too if the journey wasn’t too bad and I got a hire car.

I love the idea of like a 4-5 night cruise then the same at Vero.

Any recommendations for river cruises/boat tours? We saw Captain Hiram’s River King boat tours today. Has anyone used them? Thanks!

Hi, we’re staying here now and we bought some cheap folding chairs that we were going to leave behind. Any recommendations where to leave them for other folks to use? I’ve see a few umbrellas or boogie boards left by the Green Cabin on the beach and wasn’t sure if they were ‘donated’, dumped as broken, or just parked while someone used the pool. I know it’s not probably in Disney’s interest to have a donation area, but i wondered if there was an unofficial areas folks on this site have agreed on? We’d even leave a few beach books behind if we thought anyone would make use of them. Someone will probably mention no one wanting used gear because of Covid, but I’ve seen a lot of inconsistencies this week. They have not reopened the xbox/PS4‘s in the lobby, but Eb & Flos is still letting you borrow putters, tennis raquets etc, and I saw the cast members just put them back on the rack and not wiping them down.

Hi, we’re staying here now and we bought some cheap folding chairs that we were going to leave behind. Any recommendations where to leave them for other folks to use? I’ve see a few umbrellas or boogie boards left by the Green Cabin on the beach and wasn’t sure if they were ‘donated’, dumped as broken, or just parked while someone used the pool. I know it’s not probably in Disney’s interest to have a donation area, but i wondered if there was an unofficial areas folks on this site have agreed on? We’d even leave a few beach books behind if we thought anyone would make use of them. Someone will probably mention no one wanting used gear because of Covid, but I’ve seen a lot of inconsistencies this week. They have not reopened the xbox/PS4‘s in the lobby, but Eb & Flos is still letting you borrow putters, tennis raquets etc, and I saw the cast members just put them back on the rack and not wiping them down.
I have seen them left in the laundry rooms in every building. Along with boogie boards, umbrellas etc...

Yes, we did this. Doubly relaxing, at the resort and onboard the ship. We have a regular rotation of off-site Vero-area restaurants that we enjoy along with the on-site option, so an enjoyable start to a vacation.

We don’t care for Vic’s. The pizza is inconsistent at best. Some other dishes are okay. Garlic knots are great. Minuscule beer selection (if that’s your thing). Servers are marginal.

The best pizza in the area, imo, is at Earl’s. I can’t really suggest you take the family, as it’s not real family friendly. That said, for adults, they have fantastic bands on the weekends.
It is a biker bar, but folks are friendly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter