VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

I REALLY wish Vero was set up like HH with the public lifeguard..feel SO much better swimming in front of a lifeguard..do not go out far at all..haha..😊

who the heck told you 9am??? that's wrong. esp since many times high tide is still up enough that waist deep can get you a bite from a fairly large fish. thats like 4 ft of water and they only need about 3'.

Ok, so as I mentioned we grew up on Florida beaches, so it was common knowledge that you didn’t swim dusk to dawn to avoid sharks. So, yes, from around 9am on was considered to be ok. I have never seen anyone get attacked by a shark period, so they must be pretty rare. But you have me interested, so I did a little research and found some pretty scary facts on the National Geographic website which seems to prove us both wrong.

Here’s the scariest fact:

“Over the last half-century, there have been more unprovoked shark attacks in Florida (27 out of a total 139) between 2-3 pm than any other time of the day.”

All I can say here is 2-3 pm? Now that is scary. And guess what else? Apparently vero Is just south of the shark attack capital of the world:

“New Smyrna Beach in Florida is the shark attack capital of the world according to ISAF. It is estimated that anyone who has swam there has been within 10ft of a shark.”

And... “September is the month with the most Shark attacks in Florida.”
This must be why Vero is cheapest through dvc in September. 😜

I’m thinking we will leave the boogie boards at home when we go to Vero.

Forgot about Vero being so close to New Smyrna!😱I have read about the abundance of shark attacks there! 😩

Can’t wait for our Vero vacation later this month with our youngest adult son.. he has been working tons of hours over the last couple of months, so it will be great for him to relax for a week!😎

I know this is an off the wall question, but I will ask anyway. While at VB 2 weeks ago, my boys signed up for the archery activity/class, which we highly recommend. It was really well led and they absolutely loved it. Curious if anyone else has done this and if anyone remembers what brand compound bow they used? Thinking this might make a good birthday gift, since they loved it so much.

Sorry for the delay in replying... I remembered your question while we were staying there. I hope it's not too late for the birthday.

They use Genesis Archery bows. I agree with you, their bows are pretty decent for this type of use. I've attached a lousy quality image (the image, not the bow!)... I had to use the webcam on my Windows PC to capture the image from my iPhone as I couldn't seem to get Windows to open the image file from iCloud... why is it so hard 😟?

Anyhow, we too had a great time at the archery activity... adults and teens. In fact, so much fun the first time that we signed up again and did it later in the week as well. Both times our family had the activity all to ourselves.

Sorry for the delay in replying... I remembered your question while we were staying there. I hope it's not too late for the birthday.

They use Genesis Archery bows. I agree with you, their bows are pretty decent for this type of use. I've attached a lousy quality image (the image, not the bow!)... I had to use the webcam on my Windows PC to capture the image from my iPhone as I couldn't seem to get Windows to open the image file from iCloud... why is it so hard 😟?

Anyhow, we too had a great time at the archery activity... adults and teens. In fact, so much fun the first time that we signed up again and did it later in the week as well. Both times our family had the activity all to ourselves.

View attachment 576138
Thank you so much!!!! I have done some research and I thought that was the brand. Thank you for the confirmation and taking the time to do this. Also, nice shirt . . . I have the same one! Thanks again.

Does anyone have recent prices for rental items at VB? My family will be spending a few nights there in a couple of weeks, and I'm specifically interested in the prices beach chairs, umbrellas, and bodyboards. We could bring our own, though our car is relatively small and a it would be a crowded drive. I've found a listing of prices online, but I think they're several years old and way out of date.

Does anyone have recent prices for rental items at VB? My family will be spending a few nights there in a couple of weeks, and I'm specifically interested in the prices beach chairs, umbrellas, and bodyboards. We could bring our own, though our car is relatively small and a it would be a crowded drive. I've found a listing of prices online, but I think they're several years old and way out of date.
You mention body boards..since there was a recent shark attack 😱😱about a month ago at Disney Vero, I read somewhere that body boards are not suggested. Perhaps they are not renting them anymore

0F83DBAD-7964-48F6-BEDD-E08618139BE1.jpeg

You mention body boards..since there was a recent shark attack 😱😱about a month ago at Disney Vero, I read somewhere that body boards are not suggested. Perhaps they are not renting them anymore
As of 2 weeks ago (which was right after the shark attacks), they were still renting body boards. We rented 2 of them one afternoon.

Weather was gorgeous here yesterday, not a cloud in the sky, full sun😎Amazing, how it feels about 15 degrees by pool versus ocean.😁We we’re her about a month ago, quick one night two full stay beach was gorgeous. Water temp of pool is glorious, temp of ocean is warmer also than a month ago. Unfortunately, we were shocked when we saw the beach filled with brown seaweed😱😱😱Coming here many years and have never encountered the seaweed in piles on beach. Asked the beach guys and they said it has been like that for about a week and a half. I was really surprised since never saw that before. They said some ocean condition but the ocean was crystal clear. I have seen alot of seaweed on beach in Aruba once after a MAJOR storm but resort had bulldozers out there cleaning it. Wow! Perhaps Disney will bring in equipment to remedy it. Pretty ugly! About a month ago, DH and I walked about 2 miles down beach toward private condos and never saw this. The beach attendant said that it exists by public beach next to resort where the lifeguard is.☹

Attachments

• 56BD10C7-8BBE-4EBA-82AC-552A437FD751.jpeg
    56BD10C7-8BBE-4EBA-82AC-552A437FD751.jpeg
    130.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 2DDB34C5-1117-4061-85C3-66002AFCC741.jpeg
    2DDB34C5-1117-4061-85C3-66002AFCC741.jpeg
    119.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 14AF405D-54CE-49F0-BDE2-3634CA8CA6A6.jpeg
    14AF405D-54CE-49F0-BDE2-3634CA8CA6A6.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 47
Beach Bites by the Public Beach next door is Soooo good for breakfast sandwiches, wraps, snd hoagies, excellent grilled chicken tossed salad!Very reasonable and they seem appreciative of the business😊They also sell hats, sunglasses and the like if you need it.

Last edited:
Another beautiful sun day expected today!😎🌞

Attachments

• 05D47522-F8E9-4163-A194-EE39690B90A2.jpeg
    05D47522-F8E9-4163-A194-EE39690B90A2.jpeg
    37.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 5BF81BD4-34CD-467E-AC9A-EC021539DA42.jpeg
    5BF81BD4-34CD-467E-AC9A-EC021539DA42.jpeg
    38.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
We’ve just sent a ROFR to Disney on a 100 point contract for Vero beach.

we watched some videos one line and fell in love with the place. Beach holidays are not usually my thing as from the UK people tend to fly to Spain or Portugal for those types of holidays, but Vero beach I can get behind.

we thought a week, 10 days every other year alternating with our main WDW vacation but least with Vero, if we get the itch, we can drive to WDW for a day or so.

the whole talk of sharks worries me slightly but I think it all comes down to research before we travel.

mate the DVC prices above for renting equipment only for Blue card holders or can white get the cheaper pricing too.

although it requires a lot more points, is April a good time to go with weather, the turtles etc?

if we rented a car, is there much to do in the local area? Restaurant and attraction wise?

we watched some videos one line and fell in love with the place. Beach holidays are not usually my thing as from the UK people tend to fly to Spain or Portugal for those types of holidays, but Vero beach I can get behind.

we thought a week, 10 days every other year alternating with our main WDW vacation but least with Vero, if we get the itch, we can drive to WDW for a day or so.

the whole talk of sharks worries me slightly but I think it all comes down to research before we travel.

mate the DVC prices above for renting equipment only for Blue card holders or can white get the cheaper pricing too.

although it requires a lot more points, is April a good time to go with weather, the turtles etc?

if we rented a car, is there much to do in the local area? Restaurant and attraction wise?like!
Vero is certainly a beautiful place..very relaxing, but personally I don’t think I could do 10 days here..think 7 would be enough. As far as the shark issue, sharks are everywhere on the ocean, just have to be careful and advice about not swimming early morning and early evening is one that we follow, whatever beach we go to, including Hilton Head. As for a car, you will need one. All restaurants are a car drive away, of course there is the restaurant on site, but our family prefers variety. As far as local attractions, you could probably drive about 35 to 40 minutes to Ft Pierce, we were going to do jet skiing there on an inlet rather than in the ocean at Vero , but didn’t make it this time. Stuart and Port St Lucie are about an hour drive, so that area is worth investigating. We typically combine a few days at WDW, followed by a relaxing trip at Vero. With April bring spring break, it will be VERY crowded at Vero as we were in Vero for a trip one month ago. The CMs said the resort was very crowded. End of April we came , ocean was cold, but the sun was beautiful sitting by beach, pools were warm by that time. One month later, the ocean temp warmed up, ocean was warm this week, so were pools, both perfect temps! There is DVC pricing and non DVC pricing for beach chairs and the like! Vero Beach grounds are immaculate! Enjoy your planning!😎

if we rented a car, is there much to do in the local area? Restaurant and attraction wise?
I agree that ten days is too long to stay at vero. But that is just my personal preference. I have found we can do about 5 days max.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter