• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vero Beach in October

rarceneaux

Earning My Ears
So I am booked at OHW (Home!) in late October for my 60th birthday. We definitely want to spend a day at Food & Wine but as we last went to WDW for Thanksgiving, might be looking for a more restful escape. Never been to VB so have some questions.

1. Have looked at nearby restaurants and as we are driving, we are ok with dining off site. Green Cabin good for "bar food" though?
2. I am certain there is a grocery store where I can load up for at least a couple of nights of dining in on the veranda. Any thoughts on getting a lock off 1 bedroom, 3rd floor, building 15?
3. South Florida, I know, but weather good for swimming/beach time?
4. Still want to do a day at Epcot for F&W. 2 hours one way, correct? (Yes, I do have a Sun Pass!)

We are pretty excited about a Disney vacation that is much less rushed but having never been to VB am just seeking guidance.

Or should I just keep my OKW and mostly skip the parks? Never done that but know some have.

Any thoughts or comments appreciated!

We routinely go to Vero in October and enjoy it very much. There are a couple of Publix’s supermarkets about 15 minutes away on US 1. The weather is great, sometimes you may lose a day to a storm. I have done a day trip to Disney a couple times and it’s not too bad if you don’t mind the drive.
There is a Vero Beach Information & Adoration thread if you look a few pages back that should be able to give you some good information

So I am booked at OHW (Home!) in late October for my 60th birthday. We definitely want to spend a day at Food & Wine but as we last went to WDW for Thanksgiving, might be looking for a more restful escape. Never been to VB so have some questions.

1. Have looked at nearby restaurants and as we are driving, we are ok with dining off site. Green Cabin good for "bar food" though?
2. I am certain there is a grocery store where I can load up for at least a couple of nights of dining in on the veranda. Any thoughts on getting a lock off 1 bedroom, 3rd floor, building 15?
3. South Florida, I know, but weather good for swimming/beach time?
4. Still want to do a day at Epcot for F&W. 2 hours one way, correct? (Yes, I do have a Sun Pass!)

We are pretty excited about a Disney vacation that is much less rushed but having never been to VB am just seeking guidance.

Or should I just keep my OKW and mostly skip the parks? Never done that but know some have.

Any thoughts or comments appreciated!
1) GCR cut back their menu a few years back. We would not make it a dinner place. They do allow you to bring stuff from downstairs, but we found that a bit cheesy.
2) There are stores 10-15 minutes away. Not sure about your room request.
3) Weather should be good. Possibly rainy. Not quite south Florida weather however.
4) Two hours to Epcot is a good time budget.

ETA: We live a whopping nine minute drive from the resort. Please let me know if you need local info.

Thanks so much for the information! We are just kind of "parked out" at the moment and storing energy for when we take the grandkids next year! Sounds like a great relaxation spot with everything we need. Not too worried about on site dining. GCR would be a "have a drink and snack" moment for an evening, so even with a limited menu would fit the bill!

I am certain DW will have additional questions, so please stand by!!!!

We were there October 2021 and had been probably been 3 or 4 times in October before the last trip. We love VB in October. We found several really good restaurants around VB, most were a 10-20 minute drive from the resort. We stopped at a Publix on our way to the resort and got what we needed. We ate one night at the restaurant on site and had drinks a few times in the Green Cabin Room and one night had dessert with our drinks. It was a quiet, warm, enjoyable trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter