Vero Beach first timer...looking for some inspiration...

Mrs264

Always Goof'n around!
We're stepping out and trying something new this summer. Heading to DVBR Aug 16-23. We will have a rental car. It's just me, my husband and our 10 year old daughter.

My fellow DVC members have yet to steer my wrong. I'd love to hear your in's and out's, do's and don't's. Some dinner and activities advice. Anything that would make our first time most enjoyable!

Thanks!

Have you checked this thread?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3021104

Do read the activity sheet for the week & see what interests you. I think there's a character breakfast on Saturday, and dinner on Monday. I and all my guests have enjoyed them both. The TIW card works at VB.

Do bring jeans, long pants, bug spray for the night campfire.

See if there is any turtle experience available to you. Ask at check in. They may have a raffle for some special activity.

Enjoy! Our next stay there is in January...after that, May!:goodvibes

Bobbi

I have a 9 year old dd and 6 ds this will be our 4 th or 5 th vac at vero. We go in oct. we love it more than wdw :). We are nature people so we love critters etc. the last three years we have gone to the Sebastian inlet go at both high and low tide and it is cool. We had a manatee swim right by us the last two years it was super cool.

Dd did the fishing through he resort. Think it was 30 got to keep the rod to fish all week. Lots of fun kids activities even for a 10 year old if she enjoys crafts.
Last year we saw the turtle rescue arc drive uP and they showed us a turtle hatching in a cooler. They rescued two or three. They invited us and 3 other families to come back at dusk and they released them. It was amazing. Did I mention we love vero :)

We fly to Orlando so we stop and buy a boogie board and chairs for the beach as renting them everyday gets costly.

We have been practicing snorkeling with the kids to go to bath tub beach as last year the locals told us it is amazing. We buy most of our groceries and cook in the villa

Have a fantastic time and do get out the above thread lots of great info

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter