Vero Beach 2014 Information & Adoration Thread

Does anyone have any advice for requests with online check in? We're going to be in a ocean view inn room but a lot of request options popped up when I started the process & I'm at a loss other than maybe a higher floor.

TIA:)

Also, some of the rooms have a solid wall rather than an open rail on the balcony. With the wall, you can not sit on the balcony and see the water. If that is important to you request an open rail balcony (I am guessing this is not an option on the online check in list, but can be requested thru guest services).

OK so I called Member Services and the guy told me there are only a few 1 Bedroom Villas with Ocean View. I said Can I request it and he said it was luck of the draw. Very akward unfriendly conversation.... So where should I go from here just wait till I get there or forget about it? We are only there 3 nights so I guess it is not a huge deal. :confused3

Does anyone have any advice for requests with online check in? We're going to be in a ocean view inn room but a lot of request options popped up when I started the process & I'm at a loss other than maybe a higher floor.

TIA:)

So this is what I'm looking at when I try to do check in, any advice?

Room Requests
You may select up to 2 requests.

Building 12
Building 14
Building 15
Corner Room
Upper Floor
Lower Floor
Near Elevator
Aotearoa Building
Fiji Building
Hawaii Building
Niue Building
Rarotonga Building
Samoa Building
Tuvalu Building
Ground Floor
Home Run Section
Surfs Up Section

Room Requests

Building 12
Building 14
Building 15
Corner Room
Upper Floor
Lower Floor
Near Elevator
Aotearoa Building
Fiji Building
Hawaii Building
Niue Building
Rarotonga Building
Samoa Building
Tuvalu Building
Ground Floor
Home Run Section
Surfs Up Section
We just checked out of building 12. Right now the plants are so healthy that they block the view of the ocean from this building. If you want an ocean view I would try to stay away from 12. Hope this helps.

We are checking in Friday for just one night to check out the resort! So excited! :)

We are local new (second time) DVC members and try to stretch our points as far as possible by using single nights here and there!

I too an working on my ck-in today and would like to know what is a good room request for a Garden inn view?

Checked in yesterday to our ovir. Were on the third floor and it's perfect! Our only complaint is that the balcony is not covered and there's a lot of water just floating on the ground making it almost a sloshy mess when coming into the room. The room was ready when we arrived at 1:30 (online check in was for 1pm). This was much more appreciated than 3 years ago when we didn't get a room till 4. It rained and stormed off and on all day yesterday but is perfect so far today! The pool doesn't seem very busy at all. I like that they let you check out white towels now, as many as you need instead of bringing your own or using just the few from your room. They tell us that's only bc their laundry facility is broken. Lunch at the pool bar was great. My mug from Wdw worked and you can even add days for 3 bucks if you have an expired current mug with the RFID chip. Lunch at the green room was good yesterday too since it stormed. We still had an ocean view inside. Half head of hair braiding is 40 bucks. Same as it was 3 years ago. We ate at mulligans in vb last night and found their prices to be higher than last time. We're going to capt Hiram's tonight. It's going great so far! Typing this as I sit in the rented padded chair at the beach!

Room Requests

Building 12
Building 14
Building 15
Corner Room
Upper Floor
Lower Floor
Near Elevator
Aotearoa Building
Fiji Building
Hawaii Building
Niue Building
Rarotonga Building
Samoa Building
Tuvalu Building
Ground Floor
Home Run Section
Surfs Up Section

Haha I got the same options for my contemporary and yacht club online check ins!

Checked in yesterday to our ovir. Were on the third floor and it's perfect! Our only complaint is that the balcony is not covered and there's a lot of water just floating on the ground making it almost a sloshy mess when coming into the room. The room was ready when we arrived at 1:30 (online check in was for 1pm). This was much more appreciated than 3 years ago when we didn't get a room till 4. It rained and stormed off and on all day yesterday but is perfect so far today! The pool doesn't seem very busy at all. I like that they let you check out white towels now, as many as you need instead of bringing your own or using just the few from your room. They tell us that's only bc their laundry facility is broken. Lunch at the pool bar was great. My mug from Wdw worked and you can even add days for 3 bucks if you have an expired current mug with the RFID chip. Lunch at the green room was good yesterday too since it stormed. We still had an ocean view inside. Half head of hair braiding is 40 bucks. Same as it was 3 years ago. We ate at mulligans in vb last night and found their prices to be higher than last time. We're going to capt Hiram's tonight. It's going great so far! Typing this as I sit in the rented padded chair at the beach!

we ck-in on Sunday:)
I would love to know what the week activities are for the kids I have a 16 year and a 6 year old.... I can not wait to be by the pool on Sunday!

Does anyone one have a copy or photo of the activities guide? We go in a few weeks and am curious as to what activities they are offering for Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Thanks.

Has anyone booked through Travelocity or another hotel booking site like them for VBR? I know there is a Disney site that you can enter your reservation so it recognizes you in the Disney system. Just curious if anyone has done it for Vero. VBR is on the drop down box.

Or do I need to wait till X amount of days before our trip to do that? I'd love to be able to online check in and make a room request when it gets closer. Thanks.

Has anyone booked through Travelocity or another hotel booking site like them for VBR? I know there is a Disney site that you can enter your reservation so it recognizes you in the Disney system. Just curious if anyone has done it for Vero. VBR is on the drop down box. Or do I need to wait till X amount of days before our trip to do that? I'd love to be able to online check in and make a room request when it gets closer. Thanks.

Hmmm....I'm not sure I've only ever used DVC points. I did link my reservation # to MDE though. Have you tried that? When u click on "my reservations" it will give you an option to link a reservation #.

Does anyone one have a copy or photo of the activities guide? We go in a few weeks and am curious as to what activities they are offering for Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Thanks.
I can't get you a copy posted in a few days when we get back. They don't have the movies at the pool anymore which we were sad to see gone.

Quick question(s):
Restaurant.com has gift certificates for Dockside Grille in Vero Beach. Has anyone eaten there? What did you think?
Thanks!

I have not been there since last year, but their happy hour appetizer menu was great and cheap. Most folks that I know do that for a meal. menu food good. Nothing fancy. Seems like a local bar crowd goes their.

do they do the movies on the green lawn? and do you know if the BBQ grills are gas or old school? lol

Hmmm....I'm not sure I've only ever used DVC points. I did link my reservation # to MDE though. Have you tried that? When u click on "my reservations" it will give you an option to link a reservation #.

Hmm I never mind add this stay to MDE *lol*
When can you do the online chexk in? Will it be written in MDE?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter