Vero Beach 2014 Information & Adoration Thread

Flags today

I will actually start with yesterday afternoon--the yellow flag was up.

This morning about 10 it was double red flags. I saw somethings jumping out of the water near the public beach. It was fish and small sharks. The waves were a little rough, but not a drastic change from the yellow conditions yesterday.
By 11 the sharks were gone, waves calm, and a yellow flag.
At about 2 the double red were back up. Waves picked up a little, but not what I would consider double red. Several were in the water, including us and it was not bad at all.
The double red was changed to a single red a few minutes later and stayed that till after 5 when I think they take it down.
The beach is very nice though not as clear as when we were here in May. I think the water is warmer than the pool.

Anyone have a current menu for the Green Cabin Room? Or someone there willing to take and post a picture? Everything I can find online is at least a year old. Thanks.

hi. I am staying at VB for the first time in a few weeks, in an ocean view inn room. Question: Does the lobby staircase go to all four floors(I have an aversion to elevators and avoid them whenever possible). I want to request the best view possible, any tips? Also, can anyone recommend any beach front eating places for dinner off property?? Thanks!

The stairs only go to the 2nd floor so if you want to avoid the elevator, request a room on the 2nd floor. We have only stayed on the 2nd floor while in the Inn and I thought the views were fantastic. Can't help with restaurants as we love parking the car and staying put. Have fun!

Random question: does anyone do the drive down A1A from 528? I'm more in the mood for some scenery and local flavor than just a quicker inland route. Or is this just a very ill-considered notion?

Anyone have info about the turtle walks on the beach? Are they still going on this time of year? We head down there in about 2 weeks time and just curious...

Anyone have a current menu for the Green Cabin Room? Or someone there willing to take and post a picture? Everything I can find online is at least a year old. Thanks.

They do have a new menu they gave us at check in. They are calling it a tapas menu. I pitched it and did not go there. I don't know how much of the day it is open. It seemed dark often when we passed by.

Anyone have info about the turtle walks on the beach? Are they still going on this time of year? We head down there in about 2 weeks time and just curious...

There was a little cart with 2 people who drove by each morning. There was a meet the biologist at 7 each morning but Saturday. There is the sea turtle presentation at Community Hall Tuesday night at 7. There was a beach walk Friday morning at 8:30.
There were nearly 10 of the nests marked off. A few had red sticks in addition to the 3 staking it with a date. I wonder if they have hatched???

Random question: does anyone do the drive down A1A from 528? I'm more in the mood for some scenery and local flavor than just a quicker inland route. Or is this just a very ill-considered notion?

Yesterday we drove A1A north 7 miles to Sebastian Inlet State Park. There is foliage the whole way and we never saw the beach. There were not a lot of stoplights and the speed limit was 45.
I would prefer the highway.

They do have a new menu they gave us at check in. They are calling it a tapas menu. I pitched it and did not go there. I don't know how much of the day it is open. It seemed dark often when we passed by.

Thanks! I like the tapas menus at WDW and a change is nice. If you are still at Vero, pop in. While I agree the bar itself is a little dark, the patio is a great place to have a snack or drink, esp in the late afternoon when the sea breeze picks up. Or watch a thunderstorm. Or in the evening, when the moon is out. Yes, we love the Green Cabin Room!

We are also interested in the restaurants and food options in the area. The website is showing the grills are charcoal, I can only assume this is correct? Are there grilling utensils available?

Are there restaurants in the area that are must dos? We eat fish, but are not big fish people. What about the DVC restaurants? Shutters? Sonya's? Any recent menus? Thoughts and suggestions appreciated. TIA

I can't deny - I'm a little jealous. I don't go back until May.

Have a wonderful stay!

We are visiting for the first time in May! We are a little nervous, our daughter is NOT a beach kid (though DH and I LOVE it) so we are already trying to find things to do in the area.

We are visiting for the first time in May! We are a little nervous, our daughter is NOT a beach kid (though DH and I LOVE it) so we are already trying to find things to do in the area.
i hear the pool is nice and the CM are awesome---lots of activities for kids!

There is plenty to do that is non beach. We really enjoyed the kayak trip, fishing on the fort pierce lady and the treasure museum. All pretty close. There are so many activities by the pool as well. Ping pong, shuffleboard, mini golf, bike rentals. I'm sure you all will have a blast!

hi. I am staying at VB for the first time in a few weeks, in an ocean view inn room. Question: Does the lobby staircase go to all four floors(I have an aversion to elevators and avoid them whenever possible). I want to request the best view possible, any tips? Also, can anyone recommend any beach front eating places for dinner off property?? Thanks!

I'm also interested in finding out about this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter