Vero Beach 2012 thread closed... see 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if I shared our dates for next summer or not. I checked the roll call and we aren't there, so I'm guessing I didn't.

I'm so excited that we were able to book a Beach Cottage for the nights of June 15/19th! :yay:
This will be our third trip to Vero. :beach:
We were there this past June and were "lucky" enough to experience tropical storm Debbie during our visit.
We were able to spend a bit of time on the beach and at the pool, but for the most part it was a wash with all the rain.
Oh well, it was better than being in Kansas!

I didn't realize there was a roll call. :sad2: We (3 of us) will be there May 22-May 25.

Doing laundry so I can pack for my end of summer trip to Vero. Heading down on Friday after work. Gonna rock with Orange Avenue at Captain Hiram's Friday night and then just relax at the beach for the rest of the week. Can't wait!

Geesh ! We booked 8 days at Vero for our Easter Break :thumbsup2 . We have four to add to roll call- March 28-April 4. OVIR is what we were able to grab with our use year 2012 without dipping into 2013. We have a few points left over.... Guess we will sneak down to AKV/SSR sometime within next few months:rolleyes: . Anyway, quick question . My college age DD wants to fly down for a quick two night stay with us . Has anyone used a blow up mattress in that type of room ? We would deflate it in the AM and store it . I'm sure I'll have tons of questions within the next 7 mos. Thanks in advance !:flower3:

Just checked in today for the first visit here. Gorgeous resort. We're in block 12 on the 3rd floor, thanks to this thread for knowing which building to request. I'm sitting on the bed at the moment and can see the ocean. Does it get any better than this?

Just checked in today for the first visit here. Gorgeous resort. We're in block 12 on the 3rd floor, thanks to this thread for knowing which building to request. I'm sitting on the bed at the moment and can see the ocean. Does it get any better than this?

That's great!!! Someone asked about a tornado in the area. Was there any signs of one? Another person mentioned that it was west of I95.

Bobbi

Not that we've seen although they have moved the 8.30pm movie into community hall tonight because of inclement weather. We just walked back to our room and it was still with no rain.

I believe the tornado was in south vero. There was quite a bit of flooding in various parts of Vero. The weather was horrible yesterday.

OK so I changed up our VB trip a little bit. We now have 2 Inn rooms from March 28-April 3. my college DD wants to come the whole time now , and a few of our dates there are no 1 bedrooms. I was able to purchase a couple 1 time use points so no borrowing :thumbsup2 . Question- in my request I asked for adjoining rooms. How many sets are there in the Inn? Is there a map of Inn rooms ? Worried about having the kids far...Thanks!

Please add to the roll call... reservations for 2 from 12/7/12 - 12/10/12.

This is our first time visit and will be celebrating out 24th anniversary!

Four quick questions as well:

1) Any chance of turtle activity this late in the year? Maybe a late hatching???

2) I can't imagine it would be too crowded in early December, but didn't know if anyone else had ever been to VB at this time and can remember if it was crowded??

3) Are other local activities, like the River Cruise to see the dolphins or anything like that still going on? If so, is there a website I can check that out?

4) I wasn't planning on making any dining reservations for some of the VB restaurants... assuming it won't be crowded and there will only be two of us. Is that an okay line of thinking? I am wanting to just relax and be flexible while I'm there, and not worry about a schedule.

Thanks!! Looking forward to it.

Rich

Please add to the roll call... reservations for 2 from 12/7/12 - 12/10/12.

This is our first time visit and will be celebrating out 24th anniversary!

Four quick questions as well:

1) Any chance of turtle activity this late in the year? Maybe a late hatching???

2) I can't imagine it would be too crowded in early December, but didn't know if anyone else had ever been to VB at this time and can remember if it was crowded??

3) Are other local activities, like the River Cruise to see the dolphins or anything like that still going on? If so, is there a website I can check that out?

4) I wasn't planning on making any dining reservations for some of the VB restaurants... assuming it won't be crowded and there will only be two of us. Is that an okay line of thinking? I am wanting to just relax and be flexible while I'm there, and not worry about a schedule.

Thanks!! Looking forward to it.

Rich

#3 I did a dolphin river cruise in January through the Environmental Learning Center.
http://discoverelc.org/

Spending our last night in Saratoga before moving on to Vero for 10 nights. I hope we are lucky to get an ocean room too. We will look out for you as we are also from Milton Keynes

Good luck with the view. Tomorrow is our last day so may catch you depending on what time you arrive. Were a family of 4, including a very loud 9 year old boy and a stereotypically sulky 16 year old girl who looks like me but is blonde and taller!

There are quite a few British accents around the pool at the moment. Have a good trip down fellow Milton Keynes :)

OK so I changed up our VB trip a little bit. We now have 2 Inn rooms from March 28-April 3. my college DD wants to come the whole time now , and a few of our dates there are no 1 bedrooms. I was able to purchase a couple 1 time use points so no borrowing :thumbsup2 . Question- in my request I asked for adjoining rooms. How many sets are there in the Inn? Is there a map of Inn rooms ? Worried about having the kids far...Thanks!

I can't answer your question, although we've been at the Inn several times. I did want to mention that you should also request a room that has an "open" patio. Some of the Inn's patios are completely closed in so you have to stand to see the ocean while the others have open slats, so you can see when you sit down. Enjoy !!! I love Vero!!

Packing up to arrive tomorrow. First time leaving directly from work and thinking of taking the FL Turnpike rather than heading north to then go south. Also considering taking 192 but concerned about all the lights and congestion going through Kissimmee and St. Cloud. Has anyone done either of these routes?

We have connecting rooms right now at the Inn. My in laws are next door and my kids, husband, and I are in this room. Having the door between the two has made it very convenient. IDK how many sets of these there are, but all I did was to make a request when I booked, and this is what we were assigned.

We visited Vero Beach last June and reserved 2 OVIR. I let the CM know at the time of the reservation we wanted to be close and we received 2 connecting rooms. The rooms were on the 4th floor, think 2411 and 2412. Great rooms with nice ocean view. It was also very convenient to the washer/dryers which are on the 4th floor. The elevator was a little slow at times but no biggie, I wasn't in a hurry.

I love this resort and can't wait to go back this June. We plan to spend more time in Vero this trip and a little less at WDW.

Enjoy you planning.:goodvibes

I may have missed this somewhere, but does anyone have a link for the newsletter you get when you check in that has the activities and tours listed, etc. Also, do most people bring their own beach chairs or rent them there. Do you bring your own towels or use theirs?

Thanks!
1st visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter