Vero Beach 2-bedroom lock-off

Dracarys

Mouseketeer
The 5 of us (me, DH, DS6, DS3, DS2) are planning our first trip to DVB June 4-8. My brother and his wife may join us, so I am planning to get a 2 bedroom lock-off. If I found out later that they won't be able to join us, will it be difficult to change that reservation to a 1 bedroom? Also, does the 2B lock-off have a chance of having an ocean view? I've been reading posts about DVB and am so excited to visit! My 7-month window opens up on Nov 4, but we will be on our Disney World trip then. Should I try to reserve before we leave and walk the reservation? How difficult is it to get a 2B lock-off at the 7 month window in June? I would have to start walking June 1 since my use year is June. Any advice/help is appreciated!

All the 2BRs, lock-off and dedicated, are set back from the ocean and have only the potential of a limited view of the ocean, see this map http://www.willcad.org/maps/wdw/resorts/resort_vb.pdf, the 2BR villas are in the "Villa Buildings."

As to flipping the 2BR lock-off to a 1BR, years ago that used to be near impossible unless there were was a separate 1BR open, but I have seen reports in the last couple years that indicate it is being allowed, but I have not tried it and cannot personally confirm.

If they can't join you, you may want to just keep the two bedroom for the five of you. It will make it a lot more comfortable. The kids can sleep in the second bedroom and you can have the living room for after they go to bed.

If they can't join you, you may want to just keep the two bedroom for the five of you. It will make it a lot more comfortable. The kids can sleep in the second bedroom and you can have the living room for after they go to bed.
I love having the living area free for those who either get up early or stay up late. Plus it's so nice if that area isn't someone's bedroom & filled with their "stuff".

Thank-you for the responses! I wouldn’t mind the extra space, but we could use some of those points for a different DW trip January 2020 and a possible Aulani trip June 2020. DVC has me thinking so far in advance about possible travel opportunities! Our upcoming trip in November will be our first DVC trip!!

Plus, we may want to switch because we would really like an Ocean view. Do the Inn rooms have connecting rooms?

How difficult is it to get a 2b lock-off at 7 months in June?

If you want a chance at a view of the ocean, get the 2 BR lock-off. the dedicated are NOT on the ocean side.

Thank-you for the responses! I wouldn’t mind the extra space, but we could use some of those points for a different DW trip January 2020 and a possible Aulani trip June 2020. DVC has me thinking so far in advance about possible travel opportunities! Our upcoming trip in November will be our first DVC trip!!

Plus, we may want to switch because we would really like an Ocean view. Do the Inn rooms have connecting rooms?

How difficult is it to get a 2b lock-off at 7 months in June?
There are internally connecting Inn rooms, but they are only a request. We have had ones that do.

As to availability for the 2BR lock-off at 7 months out for the time you want, it is a maybe. For 2016, two of of the nights were gone by 7 months out, for 2017 the lock-off 2BRs were open, and in 2018 one night was gone. If considering inn rooms, those were open all three years.

I had similar situation and I could not convert 2br to 1br. We just kept it and was super nice spacewise.

The 5 of us (me, DH, DS6, DS3, DS2) are planning our first trip to DVB June 4-8. My brother and his wife may join us, so I am planning to get a 2 bedroom lock-off. If I found out later that they won't be able to join us, will it be difficult to change that reservation to a 1 bedroom? Also, does the 2B lock-off have a chance of having an ocean view? I've been reading posts about DVB and am so excited to visit! My 7-month window opens up on Nov 4, but we will be on our Disney World trip then. Should I try to reserve before we leave and walk the reservation? How difficult is it to get a 2B lock-off at the 7 month window in June? I would have to start walking June 1 since my use year is June. Any advice/help is appreciated!
It's generally been a cancelation and rebooking. You might book them separately or contact DVC and ask. I'd email them and ask then book the 2 BR lockout. Note the dedicated units are furthest away from the ocean as the end units near the road so you're chances of some view are slightly better if you request closer to ocean and high floor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter