Verizon Mobile Magic: How much data?

flowerfairy

Dreams of being a CM someday!!
I asked this in a thread over on another board but it seems more appropriate here.

Has anyone here used the Mobile Magic app from Verizon. If so, were you charged for data after the initial download? I currently do not have a data package and would potentially have to pay 1.99 per mb of usage every time I used the app.

On the Disney FAQ website there is the following conflicting information.

"How much does the application cost?"
Disney Parks Mobile Magic costs $9.99 to download and use for 180 days. Once you download the app, you will not be charged for additional data usage.

"Is there a charge for the Disney Parks Mobile Website(s)?"
Data rates may apply. Check with your service provider. There are no other charges. The experience is similar to browsing www.disneyworld.com as you would at home computer, but redesigned for the mobile phone environment.

I have also read that even Verizon customer service reps give conflicting info as well. I would really like to know from someone that has actually used the service.

Thanks for any information!

from what I understand, it's $9.99 to download and then you are charged per use unless you have unlimited web use on your phone. If anyone knows more, please post. Thanks!

from what I understand, it's $9.99 to download and then you are charged per use unless you have unlimited web use on your phone. If anyone knows more, please post. Thanks!

I have it and used it daily back in May and will also use for upcoming trip in September. The only charge is the one-time charge to buy it (and the time it takes to download - but it's minimal). I just checked back to my bill and there were no charges each day I used it in the park.

Go to this site where it clears up confusion -

http://disneyparksmobile.com/faq/

I had to add the data plan to my phone in order to use this. I have Verizon and at the time I was using an LG ENv2 phone. I did not have a data plan because it isn't the best phone for data. We really wanted this app, so in order to use it, I added the data plan for $20/month. A few months later I bought a smartphone, so ended up keeping the plan.

I have it and used it daily back in May and will also use for upcoming trip in September. The only charge is the one-time charge to buy it (and the time it takes to download - but it's minimal). I just checked back to my bill and there were no charges each day I used it in the park.

Thank you smile750. That is exactly the answer I was hoping for!

I had to add the data plan to my phone in order to use this. I have Verizon and at the time I was using an LG ENv2 phone. I did not have a data plan because it isn't the best phone for data. We really wanted this app, so in order to use it, I added the data plan for $20/month. A few months later I bought a smartphone, so ended up keeping the plan.

uk wildcat, did the reps at Verizon tell you that you had to add the data plan or did you add it as "just in case". I really would like this app too but don't want the additional expense.

Thanks!

Thank you smile750. That is exactly the answer I was hoping for!

uk wildcat, did the reps at Verizon tell you that you had to add the data plan or did you add it as "just in case". I really would like this app too but don't want the additional expense.

Thanks!

I don't have the data plan - I have LG Voyager with regular family nationwide plan - just check to see if your phone supports it - I have no desire to pay MORE than I already do :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter