Venetian for Kids?

rlu929s

Mouseketeer
I've got a conference next year at the Venetian that will last about 2-3 days. We're going as a family with 2 kids (4,7) and will leave as soon as it's done and head to Disneyland etc.

What are you thoughts on the Venetian. Any tips with kids. We're not big into gambling etc. so we'll be in by dark.

The Venetian is neither appropriate or inappropriate for children that age.
It's a very nice hotel, but nothing specific for kids there. Not much for kids
on the strip - especially 4 and 7. M&M's World is fun, the Shark Reef and
Siegfried & Roy's Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat. Of strip there is the
wonderful Discovery Children's Museum

Vegas in general is not kid friendly but you can easily have 2-3 days of fun with the kids.

You could probably spend a whole day at Circus Circus, they are the only kid friendly hotel and have live circus acts and also have a 5 acre indoor theme park called Adventuredome.

The Stratosphere also has rides on top of it, but 1000 ft up they are probably to intense for the kids, they also have an observation deck that is pretty cool.

Mandalay Bay has Shark Reef, a massive walk through aquarium that is really cool.

You could make a trip to Hoover Dam and take the Dam tour for an educational outing. Even if you don't do the tour the Dam is pretty amazing.

You could also check out Discovery Childrens Museum, Vegas isn't much for museums but this is actually a great kids museum with tons of interactive exhibits.

The Bellagio fountains are a must see, as is the conservatory.

The Venetian has gondolas and a huge mall themed to Venice.

Caesars Palace has the forum shops.

The Mirage has a volcano show.

Treasure Island has a pirate show out front but it's adult themed though with a crew of guys on one ship being seduced by scantily clad women on another ship.

We finally have a water park again (Wet and Wild) but it's in the suburbs, it opened this summer and has been a huge hit.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but I think that's plenty for a couple days, just remember the kids won't be allowed to hang out anywhere with gambling or alcohol (other than restaurants).

If you are there during warm weather the pool may be an option for part of the day. We recently stayed at the Mirage and during the week it wasn't crowded . There were several families with young children there . The pool was only 36 inches deep. Just a fyi on the weekend it was crowded and more of a party atmosphere .
Checkout their website to see what the pool area looks like.

Old thread, but I recently got back from Las Vegas and we did take our kid to the Venetian. It's not necessarily a place that screams "bring the kids" like Circus Circus, but it can be entertaining for kids to a degree. The Grand Canal Shops are interesting and I suppose a gondola ride is a possibility. When we were there we saw entertainment, and a harlequin-dressed clown approached us and offered a chocolate coin to our kid. Outside there were Christmas decorations and employees in masquerade-ball style costumes. At least that was charming and very much kid-friendly.

Also - I found a good bargain there was Bouchon Bakery, an output of Thomas Keller's food empire. There's a location closer to where we live, but that's about an hour drive. We got a large red velvet cupcake with sweet cream cheese topping that tasted like cheesecake. It was incredible to look at. I also noticed some place inside with $9 donuts, which we passed on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter