Venessa and Chad's Wishes P.J. 4.20.13 SBP/Mickeys Back Yard BBQ PAV/LOWER UK

I followed you from Facebook too. :)

First of all, I love your ring! It's so different and very pretty! I love your cake picture, it looks awesome and different. Your save-the-dates are super cute, and I love the tea length dresses. Your menu sounds amazing, you just made my tummy growl!

I'll be following, can't wait to read more. :D

Well, it's time for another huge update and since last time, I've actually have tried on some dresses at Davids Bridal, Alfred Angelos and Dolly Couture in NYC and bought some stuff for the wedding. We also went to Disney for a friends wedding and I'm horrible at Trip reports so I'll try my best and you'll mostly see pictures if anything.

If I do have anything to say about Disney in Aug, it's that it's stinking hot and it should be avoided at all times!!
I got sick the last two nights but I managed by heading back to the cabins to sleep it off. During the trip I was able to meet Steph and Nicola from Disbrides over on face book and they were the sweetest ever! For our anni, Chad told me to Le Cellier and sadly it's been going down hill so we're going to stick with lunch over there. I ended up eating my food from there for breakfast! I surprised Chad that night with a mini wedding cake but we were so full so we ended up taking it back to the resort and eating it later. We enjoyed a Kitchen Sink from Beaches and Cream with Family and ended the trip at Konas for Breakfast. Over all, it was a pretty fun!

As far as the wedding goes, it was amazing! And it was one of the fastest weddings I've ever attended. She had her ceremony at 10-11, then the per-reception from 11-12 and the reception from 12-1:45. BAM! Next thing we know we're cheering her and taylor off at the Yacht and Beach Club lobby. They hopped in a limo and off they went to their cruise! Here are a few pictures of the event.

weddingdecor.jpg

isledecor.jpg

nomcheese.jpg

junglecruisecake.jpg

chelstay5.jpg

chelstay4.jpg

chelstay3.jpg

chelstay2.jpg

chelscake.jpg

AND ONE OF MY MOST FAVORITES!! <3
chelstay.jpg

While on our trip, we got to see more of our locations to get ideas for decor ideas and to find where the outlets were!

sbp.jpg

mickeypav4.jpg

mickeypav3.jpg

mickeypav2.jpg

MickeyPav.jpg

As far as our wedding goes, it's been well going!! We've send out save the dates and invites which were made by the talented Victoria from Something Printable (the invites, not the std) I've been trying on dresses and I'm continuing to lose weight!! Here are some of the dresses I've tried. But I think I'm done with dress shopping. I just need to try two more dresses. An allure one and the Mickella 1409, in which I'm also in love with. So it's going to be a hard decision. I adore the BeverlyWood and I know it'll look amazing when I'm a size 14! But I hate my legs.

Snow White:
snowwhitedress.jpg

Something at DB
poof.jpg

Dolly Couture Beverly Wood
beverlywood2.jpg

Here are some of the new things we have decided for the wedding and some of the stuff we've gotten done.

*Chad and I have decided on Kazoos for the send off! So we'll be ordering those soon along with our candy buckets for the wedding favors.

*Chip and Dale will be wearing cowboy hats and bandanas

*We def want to try to get the 1952 Bel Air for send off

*The guys got their suits

*One of my bridesmaids decided on a dress

*Chad is making me decide on Disneyland for a Disney Moon or The Fantasy for a Cruise. They're both great so I can't go wrong with whatever I choose but it'll depend on what we can afford that's for sure. Still haven't found my band, and depending on if I get the long or short dress, shoe hunting has been hard. I love so many!! Other then that, it's been great. Chad is beyond supportive and we've only argued once. I seriously don't know what I would do without him since I'm so disorganized and know nothing about planning a wedding. It's been wonderful working with him on our ideas together. Until Next time....Adios!

belair52.jpg

Omg you have the SHORTEST updates ever! lol. The wedding looked fun, and I love cheese so that picture of the cheese plate made me a little hungry haha. Omg, I absolutely love that David's Bridal dress on you! I know you love that Beverlywood but it's not nearly as figure-flattering as the other one is on you. I love Allure dresses, you'll have to be sure to post pictures when you try whichever one you're looking at on. Chip n Dale with cowboy gear sounds too cute and so you, lol. Ooh and very nice car choice! Everything's looking good! :cheer2:

Chad and I visited the world on Nov 8th-12th for a busy 4 days of engagement shoot, our Planning Session, Food and Wine, Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party and Theme Park Connection!! But this isn't a trip report, it's a wedding update!!

As some of you may know, I'm having the hardest time knowing what I want for a wedding dress. I hate my legs, but love the Tea Length dress from Dolly Couture, the Beverly Wood. But at the same time, I also seem to like the traditional dresses, the simple ones at least such as the Olegg Casseni with pockets (the very first one I ever tried on.) But I hate my arms so maybe I can wear a cardigan IDK!! So that's def a work in progress.

Enough of dress venting though and onto the Planning Session!!
After drowning myself in my most favorite ever Cheese and Grits, Mickey Waffles and Sweet Poe Pancakes from The Wave, we jumped on the Monorail and got off at the Grand Floridan Stop. On the way out, I spotted this awesome Peter Pan floor! that leads outside to the path that leads to the Wedding Pav. Chad and I don't care for the GF, so we've never really explored it to it's fullest. This, along with the mural of the Hot Air Balloons and the Huge Ferris Wheel are my favorite parts of this fancy resort.
SAM_6566.JPG

567159_10152244739165361_1860203829_o.jpg

As we made our way to Franks, we stopped for a picture. =)

SAM_6579.JPG

SAM_6576.JPG

While inside, we were about to check in while we notice Jessica Rawlings come out and shake our hands and directed us to the room we were going to be for the next few hours. She sat us down and no more then seconds later, our planner Val Reko and Elizabeth Sutton showed up and greeted us as well. Their assistant (forgot her name,) asked if we wanted any water or sodas.

She sat us down and told us what the day was going to look like which included setting every single little detail up, cake tasting and ending it with a food tasting over at The Contemporary.

All I can say is that it went very smoothly for two people that decided to wing it. And when I mean wing it, we had only our pintrest board to show her the over all theme we were looking for our big day. Which was a rustic/laid back type feeling.

So with that said, everything I envisioned, she said she could do. While there I also found out that we're going through Disney Catered Events with help from Disney Fairy Tale Weddings. So the process is going to be a little different since Disney's Back Yard BBQ isn't really a real place to hold receptions so it's under the category of catered events.

We talked about tables, lines, what is to go where, I added some Mexican wedding cookies on the guest book table area. I was able to get my Mickey Balloons for our sweet heart table. We found out that any tables we get from catered events that can be put at that location, ARE FREE!! So instead of using the Half Moon tables to fit 55 which was going to cost us by the way 1,800 we're getting long rectangle tables to go under the barn type location. We're adding White and Red Lanterns, adding the canopy tulle with sparkly lights on each of the three polls surrounding the dance floor. What else!!? Oh my goodness, so much stuff we talked about!

Oh yeah, for our long tables, it will be white linens with a burlap runner going down the middle. And for the centerpieces, Wood Disk with a mason jar filled with Red and White Anemonies, Daisys, Carnations and Babys Breath.

603952_10152255567105361_2008205063_n.jpg

We skipped adding videography, photography, didn't get a bouquet. lol And here I thought they were going to be rude and give me faces for providing my own vendors and bouquet, but not a single smirk!! I'm sure they were thinking it, but thank goodness they kept it to themselves. =)

We're going to get information back on the car we wanted to use on the boardwalk and i I can use a pinata. For safety issues, smacking a pinata at Disney is a concern =/ BOO!! LOL But they'll be asking for sure for me.

Can't use fruity pebbles so I'm so happy that Teresa got to use them and I got to live vicariously through her fruity pebble tossing but I'll be using Kazoos (which they thought was the most funny thing ever and cutest,) and bubbles.

Since we're saving money on the Tables, Chad said we can get Disneys actual Photobooth!!! I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS!! I love him so much! I love the concept of Photo Mingle, but I wanted actual photo strips! Can't wait to order props!

Chip and Dale only had the option of being Naked or with get this COWBOY ATTIRE! Hell yes, you know which one we chose. =)

7225146642_bf1558265f.jpg

I'll be doing a bunting banner for our sweet heart table and they added a centerpiece on there too which I might remove later on and add something much more simple.

THEN IT WAS TIME TO TASTE CAKE!!!!
SAM_6569.JPG
Awww a Congrats!!

SAM_6568.JPG

Drum Roll Please!! The following flavors we chose are TAN TAN TAN:

For our layer (we're having cupcakes but need a small round on top,) will be a chocolate cake with peanut butter cup mousse. OMFG AMAZING!!

Cupcake flavors are Strawberry Cake with Strawberry Mousse with fresh strawberries (sort of like the BOG strawberries and cream cupcake minus the fresh strawberries.)

And Almond Cake with Amaretto Crunch! OMG AMAZING TOO!

After that Chad mentioned we were from Chestertown, MD and that's where Elizabeth Suttons family settled back in the beginning lol and so she remembered attending tons of family reunions there. When she heard Chad say that she said "SO YOU'RE THE CHESTERTOWN COUPLE!!

It's def a small world. And Jessica's from a little town in MD! So Chad started to pull up street view on Googlemaps and both Elizabeth and Jessica were laughing and going down memory lane. Seriously, it was such a laid back session. And it literally went BAM! Since we knew what we wanted. They told us that it def took a huge weight off their shoulders.

They stated they were happy with us because most of the time they have to flip through tons of pictures on the computer to have couples chose what they want and that the grooms are also very unresponsive majority of the time. Chad and I were both participating in our big day!

We finished at around noon and our tasting was at 2:15!! So we had a full two hours to kill so we ended up going to the Magic Kingdom just on Main Street to look around.

So after MK, it was time to jump on the monorail and head to The Contemporary. This is where the cool part comes in!! As soon as we bumped into Jessica, the first words out of her mouth were "There's been a mix up." I'm like "OH NO NOW WHAT!!?" I thought she meant we weren't going to taste food or something similar but no she continued by saying "Remember how I told you we were going to use a Ball Room to have your menu tasting?" Well, they're all booked and we rarely do this, we're putting you in the kitchen!!!"

My heart just leaped and said OMGoodness COOL! So she explained we were meeting up with Ben, who is in charge or one of the people in charge with Disney Catered Events. His wife is Pam?? from DFTW! Pam Pierce maybe? Any other Pams? Anyhow, if it's Pam Pierce, she was our coordinator in the beginning.

So went went back stage in the Convention Center and walked in to this!

SAM_6593.JPG

AND THIS!

SAM_6590.JPG

It was stinking amazing! My heart was beating, I was so happy, and as dork as this may sound, I teared. It was def overwhelming to have this awesome treatment. So Jessica, Chad and I sat on one side while Ben, the main chef and the sous chef for Contemporary Convention sat down on the other side. I forgot their names!! As we sat down, they offered us Evian or Pelliginorio Water. I chose Evian. And they also had a fruit punch that we fell in love with and our going to use it for our toast instead of sparkling apple cider!!

This was the set up in front of us.
SAM_6580.JPG

Here's a picture of the Head Chef (the bald buff dude, not Chad lol)
SAM_6581.JPG

When we got our water, Ben thanked us for using Disney Catered Events and DFTW for our big day and went over what was going to be going on during the tasting. How they were going to be taking notes, getting our reactions etc. We talked about transportation here as well, how the kitchen works, the love that goes into our day and how important it is too them. Then the Chef and sous chef talked to us as well!

On to the food!! FULL PORTIONS BY THE WAY! So it def depends on location!

First up we tried the pre-reception food. Which we wanted to try their version of "Moink Balls." Meat Balls wrapped in Bacon with BBQ sauce and Coconut Shrimp with a Chile Lime, Sweet and Sour Dipping Sauce. BOTH WERE AMAZING! Def Keepers! The Moink Balls are huge for Bachelor Parties and usually they do them dry and have dipping sauces there instead. We decided on keeping the BBQ sauce.

SAM_6583.JPG

IMG_0163-001.JPG

IMG_0164-001.JPG

Next up was the Fried Chicken recipe from 50's Prime Time (supposedly the best chicken on property.)

IMG_0169-001.JPG

Don't get me wrong, it was def very juicy, succulent, crispy but the flavor was def not the flavor we were wanting. You know, basic and simple fried chicken flavor. It's hard to explain. Sort of like from Acme or Churches or Popeye Fried Chicken Flavor. The recipe for the chicken had the chicken soaked in Buttermilk for two days, had paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper. So it might have been the buttermilk that we were tasting who knows. So we're def still keeping the fried chicken, but we have to find another recipe to give them.

The chicken also came out with the two sides of Amish Style Poe Salad and the Mac and Chee from The Yachtsman Steak House. OMFG! I almost ate the whole bowls they put down in front of us. They got the flavors right for both.

IMG_0170-001.JPG

IMG_0171-001.JPG

SAM_6586.JPG

Next came the Chorizo with Eggs. I loved the Crispy Tortilla Shells on top, but other then that, sadly they only carry Spanish Chorizo and not Mexican Chorizo. Not the same flavor that I grew up with. IT WAS GOOD, but just wasn't the same. =( So we're going with the Omelet Station!

IMG_0166-001.JPG

SAM_6584.JPG

And two desserts that were dead on delicious!!! And have now been added to our reception next to our cupcakes and vanilla Ice Cream.

Mini Tiramisu Cups. Everything Tiramisu was inside this edible chocolate flower! TO DIE FOR and Mini Boston Cream Pie cups!!

SAM_6587.JPG

While there we also discussed out Dessert Party which Epcot's doing if not we would have added these to there instead. But it worked out in the end!

So our reception menu is as follows:

Pre-Reception:
Cheese Platter with crackers (nom dill havarti cheese! my fav!)
and fruit skewers that will be going to be displayed with this cool little display.
Moink Balls!!

IMG_0167-001.JPG

Breakfast:
Mickey Waffles
Sweet Poe Pancakes with Honey Pecan Butter from The Wave
Omelet Station

Lunch Items:

Fried Chicken
The Kahlua Pulled Pork Sliders from Food and Wine Festival with Pineapple Chutney.
Coconut Shrimp with Chili Lime Sweet and Sour Dipping Sauce

Side Items:
Corn Fritters or Corn on the Cob (not 100 percent sure yet)
Baked Beans with Bacon
Amish Style Potato Salad
The Yachtmans Steak House Mac and Cheese which is- Orecchiette Pasta and Reypenaer Cheese (TRUST US, IT'S GOOD.)
It's going to be Green Bean Cassarole or just Green Beans (not sure yet if we're even adding this.)

Our Dessert Menu:
Zebra Domes
Strawberry, Vanilla and Chocolate Sundae Bar with Various Toppings
Funnel Cake Bread Pudding
Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Crispy Treats

Well that's it! I prob forgot some details but it's all good.
While at Cast Connections with Debra, guess what we found also?

$25 to a whopping $7.99!! =D Happy Dance! :woohoo: Nothing was wrong with it! I'm thinking that those are the old versions?? Can't beat the price.

Things I shouldn't do while trying to eat healthy: look at all of your amazing food pics!! Everything sounds really good, and I really love your theme. So much fun. Chip and Dale in their outfits are too cute :goodvibes

Things I shouldn't do while trying to eat healthy: look at all of your amazing food pics!! Everything sounds really good, and I really love your theme. So much fun. Chip and Dale in their outfits are too cute :goodvibes

I find it helps me eat healthy, it's hard to explain! lol Thank you very much for your kind words.

I'm still following along! I just forget to comment sometimes. I love that you tried very different foods at your PS than I'm used to seeing.

OMG!
Love how you met, love your engagement story. I was having a bad day at work, so I took a break and read your trip report and it made me get a little teary eyed - but in a good way!
I love your theming for everything - you're making it about you and your DF and that is so awesome!
Too bad on the fruity pebbles - I saw it in Teresa's pictures and my DF is super excited about us doing it too!

You are SUCH a bad influence! I had no idea Dolly Couture existed. My dream dress is a variation of grace kelly's black and white dress in rear window (I have a pic of it in my pj)..... and it's pretty much the same as the beverly wood! And they have a beverly wood in navy satin on sale on the website! :hyper:
It's a good thing I'm broke right now - otherwise, that dress would be on its way to me!
How were their sizes when you went? Were they pretty true to street sizes?

You need to post more pics from your hair and makeup trial!

I haven't been on the wedding boards much since my own but I am excited to follow yours along the way :)

Your Save the Dates are adorable, and I love your story! Congrats on losing 60lbs!!! :)

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm your planning session looked yummmmy!

Glad we got to see each other!

Wow loving your pics so far! Can't wait to read more, your ideas and pics are wonderful! :)

I listened to your podcast for Disney Weddings with Carrie today and I was so excited to hear you say that you had filled cupcakes because that is something I really want but I wasn't sure if they offered them or not. We get to make our first call to DFTW to get the ball rolling on Friday and we are so excited! Would you be willing to share how much they charged you for the cupcakes?

Thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter