Venessa and Chad's Wishes P.J. 4.20.13 SBP/Mickeys Back Yard BBQ PAV/LOWER UK

Howdy! I got engaged 2 weeks ago and It's time to make a P.J!!! This will also be a mini motivation p.j. as I've lost 60 pounds since last yr and I need 50 more to be 150!! Just in time for a wedding don't you think?

Who are we?
Venessa -I am 30 yrs old born and raised in South Texas but now living with Chad and his family in Eastern Shore, MD. Back in Texas I worked at HEB for about 7yrs and let me tell you, I miss it so much! Your co-workers and customers (at least some of them,) are like family. Plus I'm a sucker when it comes to very old companies. It was established in 1905!! I now work for a water testing company called Lamotte. Established 1919! It's factory work and I work in The CD Lab using a BB dropper and Welding disks that test pools, spas, large bodies of water etc but I'm pretty set. They treat you real good there, most small companies do. HEB wasn't a small company but they still had family values. I'm a lover of all things, Disney, Anime, Video Games, Japanese Culture, Vinyl Toys, Mexican food, cats, miniatures, dinosaurs and imported and local craft beers and wines.

Chad -is 27yrs old and works for the county's IT department. He takes cares of all of the schools computers and he just loves it. He was born but not raised in West Virgina. He's just so sweet and caring and KING OF CORNY! He's very family oriented which I'm really not so when I first met his family it was so overwhemling to me and was amazed at what a real family can feel like. He's also a realist and logical thinker which keeps me on my toes and he's helped me so much these last two years with learning to budget. If you save your pennies, you can have anything you want. He's a lover of all things nerd, Disney, cats and Mexican Food.

How We Met:
We met through the Facebook Group Page Walt Disney World College Program Summer Alumni 2009. It was going to be my 3rd and his 2nd program. Under Discussions in the "Get to know each other thread," his post caught my eyes. That summer I was to be working Quick Service Food and Beverage and he was to be working Custodial but back in 2005, he worked at Animal Kingdom doing QSFB! So I wanted to know every single little thing about it and so I made the first move and started to ask him questions.

This was the first time we talked ever.
firsttimetalk-1.jpg

That went on for a while, which then led to him adding me to face book as a friend which then led to us moving our conversations to Aim! We talked almost every day after that until it was time to arrive in Orlando. We exchanged numbers and he thought it'd be a great idea to meet up the night before we check in and I was up for it. Later we found out that we were both staying at All Stars Movies. The day we met, I was super nervous because that's how I am when I meet all people. All I remember from meeting him was shaking his hand (while looking down to the floor,) him wearing his blue wii remote shirt and meeting his mother. We jumped on a bus, went to downtown Disney and talked some while at Ghiradelli's. Then we went back to the resort since it started to rain even harder and in the lobby he said he had fun and that we should meet up for breakfast the next day. To my surprise after breakfast he offered to take me to check in at Vista Way! I was originally going to take a taxi and he was "there's no need for that, I have a car." It was great! I was more at ease by then and we had loads of laughs while getting there. Even while we were trying to find parking at VistaWay, one of the CM's on a segway came up to our car and without thinking assumed we were trying to find registration for married couples while on the program!! :laughing: We looked at each other and then to the cm stating we're not married, and just looking for a parking spot. He apologized and directed us to a spot near by. Little did that cm know huh!!?

After out first day of check in, we were inseparable! And that summer was the most amazing summer I have ever experienced. A month later in June while resort hopping, we plopped down next to each other at one of the yellow couches at the Yacht and Beach Club lobby. We were tired and it was yucky and humid so eventually we just drifted off to sleep believe it or not. Next thing I felt sent a rush all over and it was awesome! His hand was holding mine. We were really quiet on the bus ride home and as we got to his apartment door, he said he had a wonderful time today and reached in for a kiss. And that was the start. Our program was ending in Aug and as we know not all relationships last after the summer, but he was 100% sure that we had met for a reason so he wanted to have a long distance relationship so for about a year, we visited each other back in forth! We talked every night and in 2010 I was doing my 4th program and that's when I got the chicken pox and had to leave early. Having no place to go, chad and his family took me in and I've been living here since then.

Us on our big yellow couch (we just came back 2 weeks from our 2yr anni trip and they have been replaced by a ugly brown, devastated!)
ourcouch.jpg

While riding Snow Whites Scary Adventure
us.jpg

From two weeks ago in our home park <3 I worked Innoventions here and he does custodial in Future World.
epcotkiss.jpg

The 2nd ride we rode together when meeting! It's a Small World!
smallworld.jpg

Sorry for the novel but if you read it, thank you and next up is the Proposal!

For the 50 girls that read it, THANK YOU!! =) Even if you didn't comment it means so much to us.

The Proposal
Chad and I were doing a 2yr Anniversary/seasonal work trip and we had been dying to try out the new Pollo Campero that replaced Mcdonalds. So after unloading out stuff at POFQ, we hopped in the car and parked and our main goal was to try some chicken. Man, it was pretty good chicken, but not the best I've had but then we decided to try some Baby Cakes Cupcakes and for being free of everything, they were some of the best cupcakes I've tried on property (I know I'm going to get shunned for that comment,) but it's true. They were so moist and tasty and best of all, not too overly sweet like most of Disney's regular cupcakes.

babycakes.jpg

So after that we walked and saw the new lego decorations outside then we headed towards West Side, we first stopped by the Vinylnation store to see if they had a certain one we've been looking for. We later found it at the Poly! Then we went to our bench <3 And so it started: :woohoo:

It was at the benches in between Wolfgang Pucks and Bongos. It was sweaty and humid and yucky yet we sat there and he held my hand and talked for a while. Then it was quiet and after a while he said "Sweetheart, I have something for you." (I was thinking, what in the world is happening? since I couldn't even see with the sun blaring in my face,) This bench means a lot to us since we spent a lot of time here on our program together, on this bench we shared our life goals and stories and you mean a lot to me, I love you very much, will you marry me?" He told me to stick out my hand and there he placed a little black box. I stared at it, opened it and it was my engagement ring. I burst into tears and he started to chuckle and started to tear as well. We had no one to take our picture so we did the best we could with a point and shoot tied around the bars of the fence that's there in front of that area. It was funny too because at that point a very large group of middle eastern people started to head our way and when they got there, started to take a million pictures. So it was just in time in which he proposed. He also handed me "Just Engaged" buttons! Here we are after we were engaged, being silly as always <3

muah.jpg

And here's the E-Ring! (Sorry for the bad picture, I was crying and shaking while taking this shot with my camera.)
everlon.jpg

He refused to let me choose a ring, but he did just fine and chose something that resembles us and myself. I'm glad it won't poke anyone's eye out as well. It's a 1/4 CT. T.W. Everlon Diamond Knot Half Pavé Ring in 14K White Gold.

Remember girls, It's the person, not the ring and it's the marriage not the wedding."

Next up, Tons of Wedding Ideas that have been circulating around our heads! Thank you for reading.

Great story, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your ring is beautiful!! Can't wait to hear about your wedding plans!

Vanessa sweetie - What a lovely story!!! My daughter did the ICP four years ago and was alocatted to QS food and beverage. She often ended up on the carts (in Adventureland) and although she loved the experience of working a WDW, she hated the work itself!!
Forgive the ignorance of a Brit, but what is HEB? Is it an electric company. I always smile to myself when people from the US talk about old things as being about a hundred years old or so!!! Nearly everything here is so much older, and a company of a hundred years or so would probably not be seen as old!!! It must be lovely to love in such a young and energetic country. I fear England can come across as being a bit old and stuffy at times!!
Good luck with all your planning and many congratulations to you both!!!

Congratulations! What a sweet proposal story! Your ring is absolutely lovely. I'm looking forward to reading more :goodvibes

So after that we walked and saw the new lego decorations outside then we headed towards West Side, we first stopped by the Vinylnation store to see if they had a certain one we've been looking for. We later found it at the Poly! Then we went to our bench <3 And so it started: :woohoo:

Which one were you looking for...We love vinyls...its actually kind of our unofficial theme of our wedding....congrats look foward to reading ure PJ

Welcome! And I agree - Babycakes are the best cupcakes. I am a vegan so was very excited when they showed up in Disney and just in the last few weeks they have become official vendors so I am using them for my wedding and my bridal tea :yay:

Good luck with all your planning. I look forward to reading along.

Thank you Pixiedust1969, Tinkerbell 766, Little Kitty Marie and Kharmagirl, It's hard to keep up with everyone's P.J but I manage! Everyone on this board has such amazing creativity and I'm envious but it's also helpful for ideas.

Vanessa sweetie - What a lovely story!!! My daughter did the ICP four years ago and was alocatted to QS food and beverage. She often ended up on the carts (in Adventureland) and although she loved the experience of working a WDW, she hated the work itself!!
forgive the ignorance of a Brit, but what is HEB? Is it an electric company. I always smile to myself when people from the US talk about old things as being about a hundred years old or so!!! Nearly everything here is so much older, and a company of a hundred years or so would probably not be seen as old!!! It must be lovely to love in such a young and energetic country. I fear England can come across as being a bit old and stuffy at times!!
Good luck with all your planning and many congratulations to you both!!!

Yup! QSFB have it tough at times and I def understand why she hated it but I bet she misses it a lot. Most of the ICPs I keep in touch with do and want to go back haha. Was she there for the 8 months or the year program? I'm assuming the shorter program because if it was the 1yr program, she would have been in the UK. As for HEB, it's one of the main grocery stores for Texas and I plan to go to England one day considering my fiance is in love with the accents and I think it can be rather romantic as well.

Mickin
That's a cute unofficial theme for a wedding! Imagine the possibilities! As for the vinyl, it was the 40th anniversary Magic Kingdom one. We had originally seen it online and were going to get it eventually but when we went back to look, it was gone so when it was time to go back for some seasonal work, we knew we'd be able to find it there, well it was sold out everywhere with the exception of 2 stores!! The CM at the emporium was able to help us and told us there was one at the Poly and one at Old Key West. You better believe that we left the park and jumped on the monorail to the Poly!

I'm so glad I came out of lurking, everyone's so nice around here and I'm glad to meet everyone.

The Planning Begins!
To be quite honest, as silly as it may seem, I've been planning every since Chad and I got together. One day when we were riding the monorail, as it passed the wedding pavilion, he stated that he'd like to get married here (as in Disney World,) one day. I was set! :laughing: Isn't it weird that a guy was saying that? He's a keeper for sure! He's been really supportive in planning this with me, sometimes he's even more excited then I am!

So first thing's first, I got Carries Passporter Book and have been listening to Inside Disney Weddings. Both of them have been a lot of help along with these boards.

Here is a list of all our ideas so far.

The Dress:
I have yet to find it, but I am falling in love with some of these lovely ones from Dolly Couture. Im not a princess, or care to be one so I'm not trying to find overly large gowns. Sorry ladies!! I want to be comfortable on my day so no high heels or really long dresses with trains for me. Confession(I do like some of the gowns from Alfred Angelo,) Ive been losing loads of weight to since 2010. I was 255 and now Im 190 pounds so Im hoping to reach my 150 pound goal by September. Thats when Ill go dress shopping and what not. My dress must have pockets!!

LOVE THIS COWBOY HAT VEIL! Not to walk down the isle, but to have it on during the reception! How fun!
receptioncowboyhatwithveil.jpg

Jasmine T292
JasmineBridalT292-F.jpg

Dolly Couture:
Beverly Wood and San Marino
dolly-couture-wedding-dresses-beverlywood_8.jpg

dolly_couture_pink_collection_steph_burns_photography_030112-27.jpg

Allure Bridal
Alure7_2410f7.jpg

Alfred Angelo Snow White
Alfred-Angelo-Ball-Gown-207-Ivory-2011-142842.jpg

Save the Dates:
So far we have this, more information will be added in the back and everything's being printed by Vista Print. They'll be 4x6 magnets.
tn.jpg

Theme:
We dont really dont have a set one but oh boy I really hope all my ideas wont have Disney turning their heads. I would really like for both our personalities to shine through this whole process. Im Tex-Mex! Haha So Im really hoping to have the Mexican wedding cookies, Papel Picado, a piñata along with a quirky, Texas and Adventure feel. Chad and I are both huge dorks, quirky and have a love for adventure so here are some inspiration pictures of what we might want our Disney Barn Wedding  to look like.

Ceremony Location
Sea Breeze Point because we first held hands at the Yacht and Beach Club Resort and it just felt so right. It has amazing views of the whole area.
seabreezepoint.jpg

Reception Location and Food
Mickey's Back Yard BBQ Pavilion. Not the most romantic place, but with the help of Disney and our little Adventure/Rustic/Tex-Mex theme, it's going to be a hoot!!
MICKBBQ_1_998.jpg

Our food is being catered by the Contemporary Cooks!! So Im freaking excited! I was confused since I thought it would have been the kitchen for Hoop De Doo but nope, apparently its not. Heres where more of my Tex-Mex comes out! Well be having: (haven't been to the menu tasting just yet but this is prob what we're going to do.)

Pre-Reception

*Oink Balls
*Cheese and Fruit Display

Reception

*Mickey Waffles with banana caramel sauce and regular syrup
*The Sweet Poe Pancakes from The Wave with Pecan Honey Butter
*Omelet Station
*The Pull Pork sandwich from The Food and Wine Festival
*Amish Poe Salad
*Mac and Chee from Yachtmans Steak House
*Coconut Shrimp

Reception Decor Ideas:
We have so many ideas but we have a budget so hopefully we'll be able to keep it simple yet nice.
Chad loves airplanes!!
planemapconfetti.jpg

I love succulents and here's the little Papel Picado mini flags to possibly go inside mason jars.
papelpicadoflags.jpg

Papel Picado banners
papelpicadobanners.jpg

Something about the simplicity of billy balls and babys breath is very romantic
billyballsbabysbreath.jpg

I love those circle wooden disks a lot
big-bear-wedding-12.jpg

Lanterns and papel picado!!
100lcrainy_camp_wedding_12.jpg

wedding-lights.jpg

The Cake

We have decided on cupcakes now with a small tiered cake on top for the cutting =)

The Cake Topper:
Chad is from Eastern Shore MD and I'm from Texas, this cute topper couldn't state that any better! haha
statecaketoppers.jpg

The Toasting Flutes and Guest Books

More like Toasting Pints! We ended up getting these awesome blue Epcot ones for us. His sisters co worker does ornament engravings on the side so she's going to be doing our pint glasses. One of my bridesmaids, Carolina is an amazing artist and is going to draw Chad and I caricatures style while holding Mickey Balloons. We want our guest to fill out well wishes inside the balloons and well be framing it for our living room.
Chad and I collect not only Vinlymation, but other vinyl toys from all over Japan and the US. So we had to have the glow in the dark Giant Mickey Vinyl! This will be only for names with different sharpie colors.
On this table, there will be some Mexican Wedding cookies for guest to munch on as they write away <3

pintsvinyl.jpg

vanchad.jpg

Sand Ceremony:
We really don't want to deal with having a family member carry sand around in little bottles so we're so happy that we found Forever Frames!! Add a picture, add the sand, put the frame back in the box and put it in a carry on bag and bam, done. No hassle. My sand will be coming from South Padre Island (Texas,) and Chads sand is coming from the Eastern Shore. We'll be cleaning it up with bleach water and drying it out. Not so sure we can dye it yet.
foreverframesand.jpg

Colors
For the wedding attire for the groom and bride, the cake and painter jar labels, they'll be Peach, Yellow and Minty Green.

Wedding Favors
Since we've been to Disney a million times and most of the guest with the exception of our immediate families are local and cast members, we don't find a need to have welcome bags. We're instead having Painter Jars with our favorite candies such as tootsie roll mini pops, Swedish fish, Sour Patch Kids, Twizzlers etc. If Disney allows it, we're having a Pinata and that will be filled with various Mexican candies.

We might do Photo Mingle or a Make Shift Photo Book with various props.

Entertainment
We're really wanting a country band with a banjo, guitar or a trio for the cocktail hour, as mentioned above we'll be having a photo mingle and pinata. Along with Chip and Dale for the cake cutting so there will be plenty to do for our guest for a few hours for sure.

Dessert Party
UK Lower
The Menu:
*Zebra Domes
*Funnel cake station
*Make your own floats with root beer or coke
*Make your own sundaes with various toppings
*Chocolate Peanut butter rice crispy treats
*Brownies
*Strawberry cheese cake tarts.

Photography
Tiffany Bagwell <3

Video
Trinity Wedding Cinema

The Send Off

We're planning on Fruitty Pebbles if they let us and kazoos!

Until next time! Thank you and Adios!

Wow! That was some update, Venessa!

First, I LOVE your ring. It's gorgeous... I don't know if I've ever seen a "diamond knot" before. And your story is SO sweet. :D :D

And I love all of your plans! I really think you should go check out The Attic (but I am a little biased because that's where we're having our reception...) it's SUCH a gorgeous venue. Ariel's is gorgeous too though, so either way you're golden.

Just one thing--- if it rains, they don't let you have your wedding at SBP, it gets moved to one of the ballrooms. :( Lame!

My goodness, you have so many well developed ideas already! I love how your theme even extends to the candy table with the cotton candy and saltwater taffy, very creative! I love all your colour ideas too, the pastels are a really great choice for the beach/east coast theme. It's going to be hard choice, but you'll have plenty of time to choose and re-choose (and re-choose)! lol

I can't wait to hear more!

Oh wow, Vanessa sweetie, I am absolutely loving everything that you have planned so far!! This is going to be one absolutely gorgeous wedding!!!
BTW - You are right, my DD did the short ICP. It is a few years since she did it but she still talks about it now!!

you are definitely my type of girl! Untraditional and funky I love it!

Keep details coming

Teresa

loving everything so far! Oh, that food! I'm so hungry right now! The chorizo and egg sounds divine! yum! Love the airplanes. My DH is a pilot, so we have airplanes everywhere. Very cute idea. Keep the updates coming...can't wait for more!

Hey Vanessa! I followed you over from Facebook!! Haven't had a chance to read yet but just wanted to let you know I'm here!! You got our original date, you must have been the ones that had the UK booked for a DP lol. We changed ours to the 12th because of school schedules. Looking forward to reading through your PJ!! ~ Nicole

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter