Velocicoaster Now Accepting EP

That would be great! It sure is taking Hagrid’s a long time to get to that point.

I heard that this rumor originated from a group chat between Universal team members, so it *could* have some truth to it. I hope it turns out to be true! Would make my EP after 4 perk a lot better.

While I don’t trust that source at all, I am so happy it is! It should’ve had from day one!

I’m not shocked it’s getting it before hagrids because hagrids is going down for much needed refurb but both do need it imho

While I don’t trust that source at all, I am so happy it is! It should’ve had from day one!

I’m not shocked it’s getting it before hagrids because hagrids is going down for much needed refurb but both do need it imho
My understanding is Hagrids will be down for two weeks.That hardly seems like it would interfere with any plans to make Express Pass available.

We checked in today and the guy checking us in at Hard Rock said it’ll have express pass starting tomorrow. We shall see!
Thanks for this update! It was rumored to possibly start today, the 20th, so that’s great news. Enjoy your trip and here’s hoping you’ll enjoy Velocicoaster with Express Pass!

Last edited:
mixed feelings here. It was one of the few lines that was constantly moving, rarely over 1 hr, and at least I figured it would actually be that posted wait time (or less) but not longer due to express pass people showing up. I wish it had just stayed regular standby

mixed feelings here. It was one of the few lines that was constantly moving, rarely over 1 hr, and at least I figured it would actually be that posted wait time (or less) but not longer due to express pass people showing up. I wish it had just stayed regular standby
I agree. We have express after 4 but don’t always stay at deluxes which have been getting very costly, even with AP rates. I also appreciate lines that continuously move. Velocicoaster has always been just that for us… line looks so long sometimes but you feel like you’re getting somewhere fast.

“The line’s quicker than you realize, Claire. It’s quicker than she realizes.” Sorry, had to throw in Jurassic humor.

I’m actually kind of bummed about this. It moves fast enough that I thought the standby waits were usually reasonable, and because it didn’t have EP, it pulled a fair number of rope-droppers away from Hagrids. I realize today is a holiday, but it’s currently a 120 minute wait, while Hagrid’s isn’t much more at 135. Without EP, Velocicoaster would probably be 60-75 minutes.

I’m actually kind of bummed about this. It moves fast enough that I thought the standby waits were usually reasonable, and because it didn’t have EP, it pulled a fair number of rope-droppers away from Hagrids. I realize today is a holiday, but it’s currently a 120 minute wait, while Hagrid’s isn’t much more at 135. Without EP, Velocicoaster would probably be 60-75 minutes.
Yep. I don't usually have EP, and the single rider line at Velocicoaster is all over the place - sometimes short, sometimes as long as the standby line, sometimes closed. This will complicate my stay next week. Wasn't planning to do EE because Hagrid's is closed, not sure what Velocicoaster wait would be .

I cannot imagine that Express would be temporary, lasting only two weeks!
I wouldn’t think so either but just got curious if this was a way to shorten the overall length of the line in the meantime.

I do feel that it would be reasonable to keep it since Velicicoaster’s line is more manageable compared to Hagrids.

ETA: UO just updated their EP list on their website to include Velociciaster… it wasn’t listed earlier this morning. So I would think, yes, it’s here for good.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter