Velocicoaster Lines?

boxer

DIS Veteran
DVC Platinum
Headed down in mid-May--staying at RP--but assuming there is no EP for this ride. Is there a virtual line? Or is the gameplan to get Early Entry, and head directly to Velocicoaster?

Are you saying you have a single park per day ticket and would try to switch your reservation if an ILL$ you like was available?

I don't know that this has been reported by anyone with a single park per day ticket. If you have park hoppers, you can definitely do this. I know the system checks for your park reservation and if you're not selecting your reserved park it sets the time to after 2pm. I would assume that it would also verify you have hoppers before allowing you to select outside of your park reservation, so most likely, if you have the single park per day ticket, it will not work.
No virtual lines. But the Velocicoaster line is generally pretty reasonable throughout the day.

So would the gameplan be jump on that first-thing in the morning--or go to something else (Hagrids?) and catch Velocicoaster later?

Velocicoaster was pretty long waits throughout the day when we went, shorter at beginning of day and at end.

If you're not doing Hagrids at the crack of dawn, I hear you have to line up at 7:

Velocicoaster was pretty long waits throughout the day when we went, shorter at beginning of day and at end.

If you have Early Park Admission but don't want to line up at the crack of dawn for Hagrids (~715am) another strategy is to show up at a more sedate 8am and start with Velocicoaster, lines don't build quite as fast as Hagrids.

We devoted one early entry each to VC and Hagrids this very busy spring break week. First morning, I’d say about 85-90 % of people during EE split off to hagrids. In October, split seemed a lot closer. Rode VC , off so fast, family rode again. My picture of the raptors statue in line was taken at 7:00. next pictures I’m taking at Hogsmeade at 717 . I didn’t ride a second time . The next morning, did EE to Hagrids with the the majority of folks. Ride was down but only maybe 10 mins. We stuck it out and glad we did . Still off ride by 7:50. Also rode VC again later in day around 1pm Posted 60 min wait and on and off in 60. Queue was a bit hot, outside part in the sun. but moved often .With no express folks showing up, line keeps moving. Didn’t mind that wait too much. Plus it was worth it since VC so awesome. We hate getting up so early, but it’s very worth it to do early entry if possible. And I mean in line at turnstiles by 630 latest Can be frustrating if the planned ride is down tho . Hagruds lines stayed around 90 min plus most of day , often 100, 120 mins .. VC seemed to be more in the 60-85 range

Last edited:

We always go during busy times since we have teens with school activities. We NEVER do early hours...again teens LOL. We hit velocicoaster when it would be 60min or less wait, and usually only waited about 45 min. The line also seems to drop close to closing time. We got in line right as they closed it one night, and waited less than 15 min. For Hagrids we would get in line anytime it was under 90 min, and usually wait about an hour. We found for Hagrids the line seemed shortest and moved the quickest right around dinner time (5-6) or right at park closing. Its even more of a fun ride in the dark! If you are willing to watch the app and head over when the wait times drop, or wait until closing, we found that much more enjoyable with teens!

We have a trip in 2 weeks and this has been one of our questions. Which line to wait in first.
Sadly, neither is Express pass.

We rode Hagrids before--and while a great ride--not overly concerned about riding it again if we have to wait a long time. Velocicoaster is more my type of ride, so probably going to head to that--and maybe ride twice at EE.

We did EE last Wed. We went to Hagrids first and then Velocicoaster. We were finished with both rides by 9:10am with a 8am opening. To do both with a reasonable wait, you'll need to be near the front of the line at park opening.

We also rode it Tue night around 7:15ish. Posted wait was 55 minutes. We waited around 75-80 minutes (ride went down about 20 minutes while we were in line).

We planned to do Hagrids on two 8am Early Entry mornings in November, but it was down both days, so we went to Velocicoaster instead and got right on both days.

Two weeks ago, Early Entry was 7am, and this time Hagrid's was running, so we did it first. We were off the ride at about 7:55 am, and by then the Velocicoaster wait was 60 minutes, so we decided to do it just before 10pm closing (when the wait was about 40 minutes).

We did EE last Wed. We went to Hagrids first and then Velocicoaster. We were finished with both rides by 9:10am with a 8am opening. To do both with a reasonable wait, you'll need to be near the front of the line at park opening.

We also rode it Tue night around 7:15ish. Posted wait was 55 minutes. We waited around 75-80 minutes (ride went down about 20 minutes while we were in line).

What time did you get in the EE line? That is the most desirable plan (being able to ride both) if possible. We will have EP for the rest of the parks--so if we spend an hour or two for Hagrids and Velocicoaster, its not a huge deal.

We did EE today and got in line around 7:15 and were close to the front. Busted back to Hagrid and waited about 75 mins while it was delayed start. Just bailed and jumped to diagon for breakfast at leaky cauldron. Should have gone to velocicoaster instead of waiting but oh well. Honestly velocicoaster lines were pretty decent during the day - 35-40 mins. We’re in Line for Hagrid’s rn and waited 50 mins so far and are just getting to his lab. Interesting: they have the video playing with Mr. Weasley explaining the bikes in the room before the fire salamanders. First time we’ve seen that and it adds a lot. Usually it’s just been Fang pacing back and forth sniffing.

We just left, and we found hagrid's early entry rose to about 120 minutes very quickly, so I wouldn't try it unless you are near the front of the crowd. We scanned in at 8:07 for 8am early entry and went straight to velocicoaster, waiting about 25 minutes. We rode hagrid's 4 times in 3 days, always afternoon and evening with 60-90 minute posted wait.

We just left, and we found hagrid's early entry rose to about 120 minutes very quickly, so I wouldn't try it unless you are near the front of the crowd. We scanned in at 8:07 for 8am early entry and went straight to velocicoaster, waiting about 25 minutes. We rode hagrid's 4 times in 3 days, always afternoon and evening with 60-90 minute posted wait.
We just got back and found the above info to be true also. If you're not in the front for Hagrid's the wait time could be higher than if you did it later at a less busy time. We did the early entry Hagrid/Velocicoaster thing one morning then skipped early entry the next day. Didn't seem worth it to have to get up so early, wait in line for so long to be at the front of the pack when we could just wait in line later on after sleeping in. This was a busy spring break time so may not be true at other times of the year though

Just there today. Early entry at 8, in line at 7:30. Got in line 1/2 way across the bridge to City Walk. Park opened at 7:45. Went directly to Hagrids. The line went back to Sinbads show building. However, they were not using some of the internal switchbacks. On the ride in 45 minutes. Went to Velocicoaster, waited about 40 minutes and was off at 9:20.

If early entry is at 7, would we be ok if we got to Citywalk at 6:30? The Starbucks at Portofino doesn’t open until 6 and I would like to have a large cup of bean juice in hand before heading to the parks. But if we should aim to be on the first boat leaving at 6, then we could just make some coffee in the room to bring with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter