Velocicoaster - how intense?

I rode Velocicoaster last week. I was in row 5 - I rode only once, I have a history of back issues and had already tweaked it a bit before riding, and once I got off was having trouble walking. I did go to hospital and I was admitted. I didn't get to ride it again during the trip but will be down in August and will definitely ride again. One thing to note - try not to have flip flops on as the seating makes it difficult to keep them on your feet and you are not permitted to sit on them - I'm nearly 6 foot tall and my feet were not firmly on floor of coaster. I personally love Hulk and think it is very smooth. I felt like I was thrown around like a rag doll on Velocicoaster - still liked it though. :-)

I rode Velocicoaster last week. I was in row 5 - I rode only once, I have a history of back issues and had already tweaked it a bit before riding, and once I got off was having trouble walking. I did go to hospital and I was admitted. I didn't get to ride it again during the trip but will be down in August and will definitely ride again. One thing to note - try not to have flip flops on as the seating makes it difficult to keep them on your feet and you are not permitted to sit on them - I'm nearly 6 foot tall and my feet were not firmly on floor of coaster. I personally love Hulk and think it is very smooth. I felt like I was thrown around like a rag doll on Velocicoaster - still liked it though. :-)
I also have back problems. Herniated my l4 to l5 last summer. I am doing so many core exercises right now to try to keep everything in place just so I can enjoy this trip 🤣🤣.

For me, it’s the lap bar. All those inversions with a lap bar. Ugh. If it had shoulder harnesses I would be over the moon excited, but that lap bar is making me a nervous wreck.

For me, it’s the lap bar. All those inversions with a lap bar. Ugh. If it had shoulder harnesses I would be over the moon excited, but that lap bar is making me a nervous wreck.
You should definitely avoid the various steel/wooden hybrid coasters then - those are all about loads of air-time w/ the lap bar!

If we can’t make it to EE is Velocicoaster pretty easy to get on using single rider or is it still a long wait?

If we can’t make it to EE is Velocicoaster pretty easy to get on using single rider or is it still a long wait?
When we did early entry we went first to Hagrid and it was a walk on - then split up and I went on Hagrid again and DD went to Velocicoaster and as she was walking up to the exit I was coming out. We were done with two rides each and it was 845am.

I am a full roller coaster junkie, but I couldn't handle Rock N Rollercoaster more than 1 time. Thing almost made me hurl LOL.
I really find each rollercoaster - and especially each "style" of coaster - is an individual experience for all of us. I have definitely ridden some "more intense" coasters that were a breeze and some mid-level coasters that wrecked me :-)
I haven't ridden the Velocicoaster yet - but we're going in September and I am GREATLY looking forward to trying it!!

What do you do with your shoes if you are wearing open/backed shoes (like your flip flops)? Is there a place to stow them before getting on?

What do you do with your shoes if you are wearing open/backed shoes (like your flip flops)? Is there a place to stow them before getting on?
There are lockers before you board but then you would be barefoot. When we were on the loading platform I took my flip flops off with the intent to sit on them like I used to do on dueling dragons. I was told to put them back on, which I did. Truthfully I didn't fully enjoy the ride because I was struggling to keep my shoes on - completely my own fault. Going forward will only ride if I am wearing my sneakers.

There are lockers before you board but then you would be barefoot. When we were on the loading platform I took my flip flops off with the intent to sit on them like I used to do on dueling dragons. I was told to put them back on, which I did. Truthfully I didn't fully enjoy the ride because I was struggling to keep my shoes on - completely my own fault. Going forward will only ride if I am wearing my sneakers.
Thank you! I was asking for my daughter who is going this weekend so I forwarded your answer to her! 😊

This is how I feel, so it is nice to know I am not alone. I have generally enjoyed smooth coasters if I get over my fear and actually ride them. But I like the security of the shoulder harness to hug during inversions. I am trying to talk myself into trying Velocicoaster, but I don't think I can convince myself to get on it even though I know logically that they would not have designed it the way it is if it were unsafe to do so.

Rode it for the first time and the lap bar is something. I’ve never been on a coaster where there inversions and you get air time. They load that thing quick and I was pushing down on my lap bar hoping it would go tighter all the way until we took off.

The second boost is so fast that you honestly have no clue what’s going on until you crest the hill. The ride from that point on is just unreal.

Best and most terrifying coaster I’ve ever been on. Guess that is what they were going for.

Most well designed coaster queue I’ve seen as well.

This is how I feel, so it is nice to know I am not alone. I have generally enjoyed smooth coasters if I get over my fear and actually ride them. But I like the security of the shoulder harness to hug during inversions. I am trying to talk myself into trying Velocicoaster, but I don't think I can convince myself to get on it even though I know logically that they would not have designed it the way it is if it were unsafe to do so.
Yea the lack of an OTSR can remove that "security blanket" for people, but it also means you don't have to worry about headbanging and it makes for a much more enjoyable ride.
The ride is very intense in the sense of its speed, elements, and transitions, but it is a very smooth and comfortable ride as well. It is probably my favorite coaster I have ever been on now.

It's Intense! All rollercoasters have their own personality though. I've ridden Top Thrill and Millennium Force at Cedar Point, Kingda Ka at Six Flags, Intimidator 305 at Kings Dominion plus all the Orlando ones along with many others. I don't think I've been on one that seems to want to throw you off of it more than Velocicoaster though. Phenomenal experience. Highly recommend.

The lap bar doesn't feel secure. Someone is going to fall out of the lap bar one day and it's going to be a big disaster.

Lost count how many times we went on the Velocicoaster today…..hardly any wait times this morning.

Front row and back row are the BEST!!!! The air time in the back row especially is fantastic……especially when you’re upside down there isn’t a part of your body touching the seat ::yes:: …….best coaster ever!

Lost count how many times we went on the Velocicoaster today…..hardly any wait times this morning.

Front row and back row are the BEST!!!! The air time in the back row especially is fantastic……especially when you’re upside down there isn’t a part of your body touching the seat ::yes:: …….best coaster ever!
:worship: Hubby & I only went on it once while we were there in May - wiped us OUT for the rest of the day! We're currently debating giving it another go when we're there for our Christmas vacation a couple weeks - we've both always really loved roller coasters our whole lives but lately they don't always like US!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter