Vegetarian at WCC

ellataylor

Mouseketeer
Can any help with a query I have about eating at Whispering Canyon Cafe please?
We have one vegetarian in our party of 7, the rest of us are meat eaters. Are we able to order one plant based skillet and the rest of us one of the meat skillets?

We were there for breakfast in November and I was the only one that ordered a skillet the others did a la carte we did not have to be the same so I imagine lunch or dinner would be the same.

Yes you can…
It’s fun with us cause we do one plant based one gluten friendly and one normal skillet sooo much food but t one of my personal favorites

Thank you so much for your replies. I read somewhere you have to order one skillet per table, but it also made no sense when thinking about a plant based family member!

You can order anything you want, and as long as you all order the skillet, you can share with each order. If someone orders a la carte, that person isn't supposed to sample food from someone's skillet. On our trip a couple of weeks ago, my DH ordered the regular lunch skillet, and I ordered the breakfast skillet. We sampled things from each skillet.

Not sure if you have thought of this as an option as well but we tried Liberty Tree Tavern at MK in November with the all you care to eat and it was wonderful. My family members with allergies and I could share the salad but then for the entrees and sides we were each brought our own plate tailored to what they could have while I was fine with all of the regular items offered. They were too full for dessert. The menu offers a plant based meatloaf and dessert. Also at Be Our Guest the French onion soup used to be vegetarian not sure if that has changed and they have an entree with no meat. I think a lot of TS restaurants in the parks have meatless items if I remember correctly. Disney is so good at accommodating. Can’t speak about CS we have only done PizzaRizzo at HS and Pizzafari at AK.

You can order anything you want, and as long as you all order the skillet, you can share with each order. If someone orders a la carte, that person isn't supposed to sample food from someone's skillet. On our trip a couple of weeks ago, my DH ordered the regular lunch skillet, and I ordered the breakfast skillet. We sampled things from each skillet.
Oh that’s reassuring, many thanks!

Not sure if you have thought of this as an option as well but we tried Liberty Tree Tavern at MK in November with the all you care to eat and it was wonderful. My family members with allergies and I could share the salad but then for the entrees and sides we were each brought our own plate tailored to what they could have while I was fine with all of the regular items offered. They were too full for dessert. The menu offers a plant based meatloaf and dessert. Also at Be Our Guest the French onion soup used to be vegetarian not sure if that has changed and they have an entree with no meat. I think a lot of TS restaurants in the parks have meatless items if I remember correctly. Disney is so good at accommodating. Can’t speak about CS we have only done PizzaRizzo at HS and Pizzafari at AK.
I will take a look at Liberty Tree Tavern, that sounds great! Thank you.

Oh
Can any help with a query I have about eating at Whispering Canyon Cafe please?
We have one vegetarian in our party of 7, the rest of us are meat eaters. Are we able to order one plant based skillet and the rest of us one of the meat skillets?
Oh Yes you can. They will just get an individual skillet for them. The meat eaters will get a bigger skillet to share.
I'm the vegetarian in my family, and the other 3 I travelled with had the meat skillet.

Good to know. DH would probably order the vegetarian, I need one with no mammalian products (beef, pork, dairy) so just chicken basically because of allergies and my kids would probably want the meat or breakfast version! 🤪

The plant based skillet is only a Dinner option. The breakfast and lunch skillets are available durning lunch/Breakfast hours only. As others have said all who order skillets can share and they will bring more of what ever one two…. Or all Things you want more of. A person at a table is free to order something else but is not allowed to share from a skillet.

The plant based skillet is only a Dinner option. The breakfast and lunch skillets are available durning lunch/Breakfast hours only. As others have said all who order skillets can share and they will bring more of what ever one two…. Or all Things you want more of. A person at a table is free to order something else but is not allowed to share from a skillet.
I’ve gotten plant based at lunchtime in December 19 and June 21

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter