Vegas Hotels

We loved the LOVE cirque show. Hated zoomanity it was not our style, but anything after seeing LOVE might have been a disappointment.

I would totally recommend Blue Man Group or Penn & Teller (Rio) While your at the Rio, check out their buffett, I think it's the best in Vegas.

I second this. I saw Penn & Teller in October and they put on a really good show. Penn even plays some bass with a jazz pianist before the show. They even posed for pictures and signed autographs at the end of their performance in the lobby. They are down to earth and definately know who their bosses are :goodvibes The Rio Buffet is really good, but I got really sick later on that night in the hotel suite.

As for the Hoover Dam me and my hubby went and did the inexpensive Power Plant tour. If you are clausterphobic you might want to skip the tours~I didn't particulary enjoy riding in an elevator with 35 other people, and was always the last to get on. I was also unimpressed with the content of the tour~it was boring for me because I can't really get into how powerplants, etc. work. I did enjoy the exhibits in the visitor center though about how the dam was built and the history of it. It only took us about 2 hours to tour the dam and then we made our way to Vegas.

We were looking at sometime this fall, probably October or November.

That's a good time to go. We went in October and stayed at the Rio for like $80 a night ~ the Rio suites are huge and I would highly reccommend staying there ~ especially when the rates go down like that.

Have you seen any of the Cirque shows? There seem like quite a few to choose from.

I saw Zumanity, and while some parts were interesting I would give it about 3 out of 5 stars. The whole point of the show was to get the members ;) ;) , and that didn't happen to me. And the gentleman in the audience the performer asked said he wanted to gamble after the show! Of course when you have aerial acts in a love show that breaks the mood because you're worried about them falling (and this *did* happen to two Zumanity performers two days after I saw the show). Next time I think I'll go to Chippendales and hubby can go see Crazy Horse Paris.

There are five Cirque shows from which to choose from in Vegas-Ka, the Beatles' inspired Love, Mystere, and O in addition to Zumanity. One plus about Zumanity is that I saw no rugrats anywhere-the audience was comprised entirely of adults :goodvibes I would reccommend purchasing the Unofficial Guide to Las Vegas. Their reviews are good, and their guides have star ratings for different age groups.

I have loved the Paris. Prettiest public bathrooms ever!! We did get comped up to a suite, though. :) Didn't go to the pool though.

I also concur that seeing a Cirque show is a must-see. I have enjoyed O, Love,and Mystere. DH saw Ka and didn't care for it. Blue Man is terrific and lots of fun. The whole family enjoyed Lance Burton. Phantom of the Opera is awesome. Definitely compares well with having seen it in it's "prime" in L.A. Come to think of it, that might be my #1 choice!

One great thing about Vegas, are all the great show choices!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter