Vegas Hotels

Soccer Princess

DIS Cast Member<br><font color=red>you would never
Which of these hotels would you recommend? MGM Grand, Paris or Mandalay Bay. They are all the same price. Or is it worth it to pay the extra $$ and stay at the Bellagio or somewhere better?

What are the best shows to see?

Anyone been to Vegas and taken a side trip to Hoover Dam or Grand Canyon? Any advice?

All the hotels you mentioned are nice hotels, but I would pick Paris, because it's more centrally located (We stayed there- I like the middle of the strip) beautiful hotel, great rooms, great buffett, really nice steak house. your questions- is it worth to stay $$ ? It depends on what's important to you, really - how much time do you spend in the room? I like to have a nice room, but each of those hotels you mentioned are very nice, upper end hotels.

I would totally recommend Blue Man Group or Penn & Teller (Rio) While your at the Rio, check out their buffett, I think it's the best in Vegas.

Never did the Hoover Dam or Grand Canyon- but there are places pushing the trip all up and down the strip, you will see signs. My daughter did the trip and she loved it, it's pretty expensive, and it's an all day thing.

When are you planning on going? Been there quite a bit so feel free to ask any questions you want:) . We are going again the end of the month.

We were looking at sometime this fall, probably October or November. I'm trying to find the cheapest hotel rates and that will probably decide our week. It will just be DH and I (mid-20s) and it will be our first trip. Have you seen any of the Cirque shows? There seem like quite a few to choose from. Thanks for your help! :)

That's a great time to go, it will still be warm enough for the pools, but it won't be 115 degrees! Usually we go in August, but the heat is really different, It's hot but not sticky hot. You guys are going to have a blast, perfect place to go for 20 somethings... So much nightlife you can go out any time day or night! The clubs are wild. I've seen one of the Cirque shows in Florida, so for me once was enough. I hear the one w/Beatles "Love" is the best, I think it's at Mirage. There are so many shows there to pick from, I think practically every hotel has one!

Where ever you deciede to stay, try to stay mid strip. Mandelay Bay is so far down the end you will be pretty far from the action. If you want to go for more $$ (which I wouldn't do, because Paris is beautiful) go for Caesars- all the pretty hot clubs are there, also the Rio has the good clubs. Let me know if you want to know anything else.

Thanks! I found the Paris for $105 a night Sun-Thurs. Does that sound like a good deal or do you think I could do better? Is it worth is to pay for the Premier rooms or are the Classic ones okay? Are the Premier rooms the views of the Bellagio fountain?

That sounds like a pretty good rate, honestly- we never paid for a room in vegas (we get comped) but you have to gamble to get that. If you do plan on gambling, sign up for a "Player card" as soon as you get there, and always play with it. Your next trip to vegas could be free or at least discounted. We only stayed in the "Mini suite" and it was beautiful, but here was no view, but to tell you the truth, we were not in the room enough to enjoy it. I think you will be doing the same, so I would just go for the standard room. It's fine, save your money for some great dinners. If you want to see the fountains, go have dinner across the street there is a little cafe out on the sidewalk that is great.

Hoover Dam is an easy half-day tirp IF you have a car. There are probably tour buses that can take you there as well.

As for the Grand Canyon, it's about a 5 hour drive from Las Vegas. There are air tours, etc, but NOTHING beats walking along, or below, the rim.

If you do decide to drive to the Grand Canyon, stay overnight at least one night.

I wouldn't rent a car in Vegas, really difficult to drive there, streets are very crowded, plus the fact that everything is really within walking distance. If you are planning on these trips then maybe get a car just for the day, but don't try to drive from hotel to hotel, it will take longer than walking. Cabs are cheap, plus they have monorail and trolly if you want - even a bus to downtown, but we just cab-it most of the time.. Trust me, don't rent a car.

They do have buses to get to Hoover and back. We went back when they still allowed you to go down into the belly of it which I think they have now stopped for security reasons. The tour we took was great.

Shows that I would recommend would be Phantom of the Opera at the Venetian. Also the cirque shows of "O" and "Ka" are amazing.

That is a decent rate for the hotel. Paris is one of my least favorites but if you are not spending a lot of time in your room, it should be okay.

There is some great food in Las Vegas, make sure to treat yourself to something yummy.

Which of these hotels would you recommend? MGM Grand, Paris or Mandalay Bay. They are all the same price. Or is it worth it to pay the extra $$ and stay at the Bellagio or somewhere better?

What are the best shows to see?

Anyone been to Vegas and taken a side trip to Hoover Dam or Grand Canyon? Any advice?

Paris: Best location, worst rooms, worst pool (though still nice rooms and pool)

Mandalay: Worst location, best rooms, best pool

MGM: In between Paris and Mandalay for location, room and pool

All three are very nice - no need to pay extra to stay at a "better" place unless you feel like splurging.

I still think the Cirque shows are the best. Mystere continues to be my favorite and is the cheapet. Love is worth the extra cost if you are big Beatles fan. I'd see both of those before trying the others.

The Grand Canyon makes for a lousy day trip from Vegas unless you can spring for one of the expensive helicopter trips. Hoover Dam is good if you are into big engineering sites, otherwise I think there's so much to do in Vegas it's not worth the time.

If you tour Hoover Dam, do yourself a favor and rent a car. Even if you don't want it for the whole trip, it's much nicer to be touring on your timetible and not forced to stop at tourist traps along the way. Personally, I usually rent a car as it opens up a lot of possibilities. But it's not necessary.

The later you go, the better deals you will find. The tradeoff is weather - it starts to get cool at the end of October. By November, it's not pool weather for most folks. (Average temp on November 1 is a high of 74, low of 48).

I wouldn't rent a car in Vegas, really difficult to drive there, streets are very crowded, plus the fact that everything is really within walking distance. If you are planning on these trips then maybe get a car just for the day, but don't try to drive from hotel to hotel, it will take longer than walking. Cabs are cheap, plus they have monorail and trolly if you want - even a bus to downtown, but we just cab-it most of the time.. Trust me, don't rent a car.

We're only going to spend 2 nights/3 days midweek in Vegas. read in a guidebook that there is easy access to many of the hotels on the west side of the strip via frank sinatra drive:confused3 . Couple of the hotels i talked to when inquiring re pkgs confirmed same.

Appears to be easy access to interstate that way too.

we are going to give it a shot...pick up @ McClaran; drive to which ever of the above located hotels has the best deal (cutting off the strip ASAP); drive to Hoover Dam one day & then off to Anaheim:wizard: hope it works out lol...will be sure to post when we return

Ive stayed at Mandalay Bay and Loved it but it is far down. This past trip we was at a cheaper hotel, I think it was Excalibur and I didnt like it at all.

We did see Mama Mia at Mandalay bay this last trip and it was an awesome show!!
Also did the drive home and Stopped in the Hover Dam area. Definaly a good tour. (Im from Arizona)

I love the Grand Canyon. We do it as a day trip from Phoenix all the time. Its definalty not the same by air as by ground. They have hotels right there in the Grand canyon (Visit their site) if you want to stay in there. Williams is a near by town if you want to stay cheaper and drive to the Canyon.

Soccer Princess : Hello! If you dont mind me asking, on which site and for which dates did you find the Paris at 110$. I'm looking for dates in October and i'm only getting prices ranging from $150-180. THANKS!!!:)

Ive stayed at Mandalay Bay and Loved it but it is far down. This past trip we was at a cheaper hotel, I think it was Excalibur and I didnt like it at all.

We did see Mama Mia at Mandalay bay this last trip and it was an awesome show!!
Also did the drive home and Stopped in the Hover Dam area. Definaly a good tour. (Im from Arizona)

I love the Grand Canyon. We do it as a day trip from Phoenix all the time. Its definalty not the same by air as by ground. They have hotels right there in the Grand canyon (Visit their site) if you want to stay in there. Williams is a near by town if you want to stay cheaper and drive to the Canyon.

we're thinking of the Excalibur.

it gets rather great praise in reviews & from Fromers & UG and the price is right?

what didn't you like about it?

there's a new pool going in, upgraded rooms with flat panel tvs, etc.; family friendly; near the Luxor/NYNY/MGM...

tell me before I make a mistake lol:thumbsup2

Soccer Princess : Hello! If you dont mind me asking, on which site and for which dates did you find the Paris at 110$. I'm looking for dates in October and i'm only getting prices ranging from $150-180. THANKS!!!:)

I was looking at Thanksgiving week. If you are a Total Rewards member, it is $105.

what is Total Rewards:confused:
It is Harrah's slot club/frequent guest program. You give them your contact information and they give you a card that you put in a slot machine, or give to a dealer when you play a table game. You earn points through gambling; but I think they give you points now for paying for your hotel rooms, dining and shopping. The Harrah's properties in LV are Harrah's, Rio, Caesars, Flamingo, Bally's, Paris and Bill's (the former Barbary Coast). Some of their customers earn points at a Harrah's property near where they live, and use the points when they travel to Las Vegas.

We were looking at sometime this fall, probably October or November. I'm trying to find the cheapest hotel rates and that will probably decide our week. It will just be DH and I (mid-20s) and it will be our first trip. Have you seen any of the Cirque shows? There seem like quite a few to choose from. Thanks for your help! :)

We stayed at Treasure Island, good location to all sites. Best priced buffet around with good food. If you book there ask for strip view higest floor you can get. We stayed 4 nights with air fair from Boston cost with travel insurance $1,750.00. book your shows before you go, they fill fast. :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter