• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant/Dining Help Thread

The quiche did look good, didn't it!? Fun trick, Disney! Bummer the soup isn't good either. I though about trying for a second BOG FP to try the other veg options since my meat eaters liked it. Glad I didn't! We did Pinnochio Village Haus flatbreads since I was feeling too lazy to try for another FP after we used the one we had. They were good enough. The balsamic drizzle on mine was too sweet, but it was pretty much what I expected.

I did the veggie sandwich at CHH too. It was ok, a little bland. I think I would have liked it doused in Siracha!

I'm trying to remember what I had at Biergarten. Definitely lots of the mac and cheese, it was great! Tons of some sort of root vegetable mix that I really liked. Green beans, beets, and cabbage were all good. I ate lots of beer cheese soup and pretzel rolls too. The soup probably has chicken broth if I had to guess, but navigating my daughter's food allergies uses up all my caring about ingredients. I've mostly stopped asking about broth and such for myself. I just cannot bring myself to ask anymore food ingredient questions. It wears me out and I just want as much to be easy as possible. Is probably start eating meat if I didn't hate it so much!

Biergarten was not my healthiest meal. Not as many vegetable based vegetarian options as Tusker House and 1900 park fare, but it was all really tasty. On paper it didn't look like a ton of options but I felt like I had plenty of variety when I was there. The desserts were really good too.

I'm trying to remember what I had at Biergarten. Definitely lots of the mac and cheese, it was great! Tons of some sort of root vegetable mix that I really liked. Green beans, beets, and cabbage were all good. I ate lots of beer cheese soup and pretzel rolls too. The soup probably has chicken broth if I had to guess, but navigating my daughter's food allergies uses up all my caring about ingredients. I've mostly stopped asking about broth and such for myself. I just cannot bring myself to ask anymore food ingredient questions. It wears me out and I just want as much to be easy as possible. Is probably start eating meat if I didn't hate it so much!

Biergarten was not my healthiest meal. Not as many vegetable based vegetarian options as Tusker House and 1900 park fare, but it was all really tasty. On paper it didn't look like a ton of options but I felt like I had plenty of variety when I was there. The desserts were really good too.
That's how I feel looking at the Biergarten menu, that there isn't a ton to eat, but I loved it last time, and booked it again this trip. I also thought the desserts were really good there. Though that's due to the entertainment as much as the food.

Agree! The entertainment is so fun too. I'm glad I went and would go again. Tusker House, Biergarten, and Park Fare are the only buffets I really like. The last one isn't as good for food as the first two, but it's certainly not bad and I love the stepsisters!

Oh, I also tried the Shepard's pie at Sci Fi. I thought it was a good dish. A little spicy too, which I liked. It paired nicely with an Oreo milkshake!

Which leads to my thought for Kimmers127. Years ago I got to eat in a restaurant where people were eating crab legs all around me. That's something I never had before I went vegetarian, and it doesn't smell nice to me. But harder for me was the sound of the shells cracking. It really started getting to me.

Think about if that will bother you, because as far as I know they are still included on the buffet (there's a whole thread about if they are still there).

Yes! I consider myself a very easy-going vegetarian and don't have issues with people cooking and eating meat around me at all. But one vacation in Cape Cod, we went to a lobster restaurant for lunch. Something about my friends cracking open the lobster claws to get at the meat really turned my stomach - I had to go outside for fresh air!

Has anyone been able to find out if any of the desserts at BOG are vegetarian? We plan to go there one day for lunch and have to pre-order so knowing in advance will help!

I did see they have sorbet but I was hoping to see if anyone knew if one of their baked goods was vegetarian?

Has anyone been able to find out if any of the desserts at BOG are vegetarian? We plan to go there one day for lunch and have to pre-order so knowing in advance will help! I did see they have sorbet but I was hoping to see if anyone knew if one of their baked goods was vegetarian?

All of the desserts are vegetarian. Touring Plans reports that the sorbet is the only vegan option.

Someone may be able to confirm or deny.....but I'm pretty certain the cupcakes at BOG are NOT vegetarian.....nor most of the cupcakes in the World. I understand gelatin is used in the frosting.

Someone may be able to confirm or deny.....but I'm pretty certain the cupcakes at BOG are NOT vegetarian.....nor most of the cupcakes in the World. I understand gelatin is used in the frosting.

I have heard that as well but did not know about the cream puffs. ?? I was hoping to pre-order if we score a FP for lunch.

Anything new or interesting that a gluten-free vegan should try? I'm really bummed that Kouzzina is gone. That was the only place where I felt like I could eat. We are staying in the Boardwalk area, and would especially appreciate any nearby suggestions, but are open to others. Ohana is a good choice, but I'm not sure we can get a good day/time. We are OK not doing any table service meals too, but if there is something worth trying as a gluten-free vegan, I'd love to hear about it.

Also very interested in any counter service places that can accommodate me! Those are always mostly a disappointment. I know Columbia Harbor House is a no for me, but Cosmic Ray's is a yes. Where else will I be able to eat?

Thanks!!

Yay, Nancy's planning another trip!!!

Cupcakes...every ingredients-binder I've looked at (I don't look at them all, just some) shows gelatin in the cupcakes because they seem to think the cupcakes won't sell and therefore they have to have a binder in the frosting. (silly silly silly)

I would expect the same for the filling in the cream puffs. BUT! Ask to see the binder!

I got a lunch FP+ for BOG, and while pre-ordering was an option, it wasn't a necessity. etoiles, have you been yet? (you posted in September)

LOL...I used the word "binder" in two different ways there. Didn't even realize I was doing that! Struck me as funny.

Anything new or interesting that a gluten-free vegan should try? I'm really bummed that Kouzzina is gone. That was the only place where I felt like I could eat. We are staying in the Boardwalk area, and would especially appreciate any nearby suggestions, but are open to others. Ohana is a good choice, but I'm not sure we can get a good day/time. We are OK not doing any table service meals too, but if there is something worth trying as a gluten-free vegan, I'd love to hear about it. Also very interested in any counter service places that can accommodate me! Those are always mostly a disappointment. I know Columbia Harbor House is a no for me, but Cosmic Ray's is a yes. Where else will I be able to eat? Thanks!!
I read that Sanaa now has GF naan bread. Not sure if it's vegan but they're generally pretty vegan friendly.

Anything new or interesting that a gluten-free vegan should try? I'm really bummed that Kouzzina is gone. That was the only place where I felt like I could eat. We are staying in the Boardwalk area, and would especially appreciate any nearby suggestions, but are open to others. Ohana is a good choice, but I'm not sure we can get a good day/time. We are OK not doing any table service meals too, but if there is something worth trying as a gluten-free vegan, I'd love to hear about it.

Also very interested in any counter service places that can accommodate me! Those are always mostly a disappointment. I know Columbia Harbor House is a no for me, but Cosmic Ray's is a yes. Where else will I be able to eat?

Thanks!!

This was a very recent article I saw on allears.net:

http://land.allears.net/blogs/guestblog/2014/10/gluten_free_dining_at_walt_dis_1.html

I know it has meats in it, but may still stir up ideas!

Yay, Nancy's planning another trip!!!

Cupcakes...every ingredients-binder I've looked at (I don't look at them all, just some) shows gelatin in the cupcakes because they seem to think the cupcakes won't sell and therefore they have to have a binder in the frosting. (silly silly silly)

I would expect the same for the filling in the cream puffs. BUT! Ask to see the binder!

I got a lunch FP+ for BOG, and while pre-ordering was an option, it wasn't a necessity. etoiles, have you been yet? (you posted in September)

LOL...I used the word "binder" in two different ways there. Didn't even realize I was doing that! Struck me as funny.

:yay::yay::yay:

Same time frame as last year, in case you'll be around (wait, didn't we both say never again? I never learn from my mistakes!). :thumbsup2

Did my little eyes spy that you had been on a cruise or two recently? No TR? :sad1::sad1::sad1: How will I ever know what to do when we go on our next cruise or vacation???

Yay, Nancy's planning another trip!!! Cupcakes...every ingredients-binder I've looked at (I don't look at them all, just some) shows gelatin in the cupcakes because they seem to think the cupcakes won't sell and therefore they have to have a binder in the frosting. (silly silly silly) I would expect the same for the filling in the cream puffs. BUT! Ask to see the binder! /QUOTE] I had no idea about the gelatin! Thanks for the tip.

We were able to order cupcakes, a Cinderella slipper dessert and a cake last month that were both gluten free and vegan. We needed them to be gluten and dairy free but when we read over the ingredients we noticed the items were vegan as well so I thought I'd share them here. All of the items we ordered tasted great!

When we stayed at the Grand Floridian, I ordered several gf/vegan vanilla cupcakes with vanilla frosting through their bakery and I had them spaced out so we were able to pick up one every other day throughout our trip at Gasparilla Grill. You can also order them and have them delivered to any of the Grand Floridian restaurants if you are eating there. They were delicious!

We ordered a gf/df birthday cake and picked that up at Gasparilla Grill. It was chocolate with vanilla frosting and there was a vegan chocolate Mickey on it too!

Our cake
10614274_10204003019907527_6481394793948464305_n.jpg

The cupcakes
1229983_10204003459198509_3040807993555976268_n.jpg

For the Cinderella slipper dessert, they were not able to make the mousse dairy free for me, so they filled it with berries instead. The chocolate used in the chocolate slipper mold was vegan
10403371_10204003017947478_1331070503503635958_n.jpg

For our lunch at the Crystal Palace, I ordered a gf/dairy free chocolate cupcake with vanilla frosting. I'm not sure if the sprinkles are vegan though and I was not provided an ingredient list for them. The Mickey on the cupcake is a ring. The frosting and the cake were gf and vegan. This cupcake can be ordered and delivered to any table service restaurant either at the Contemporary or the Magic Kingdom.
10410392_10204003026027680_8917305838906759950_n.jpg

This has probably been asked here before but I can't seem to find the answer. What do they do for vegetarians at the dinner shows? Especially for vegetarian kids. Will they provide a different entree? Also, does anyone know if the baked beans they serve at HDDR & Mickey's BBQ are vegetarian?

I have not prebooked BOG yet but our date is coming up in less than a week!

On another note, we were just able to book Beaches N Cream for a dinner which I have never been but am looking forward to. Does anyone know if the tomato soup served with the grilled cheese is vegetarian by chance??

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter