VDH Unit and Sales Tracker

Few, that is an exhaustive survey.

I wonder what Disney thinks about these sales rates. I can't image they are thrilled, I'm sure they were expecting it to sell faster for longer. On the other hand, it will probably look good compared to the Cabin sales rate in six months!
They are probably fine with them or they would do more aggressive incentives. If it’s a report that has high cash bookings they are making their moolah from those so in no rush to sell. Grand Flo had rooms sitting empty.

They are probably fine with them or they would do more aggressive incentives. If it’s a report that has high cash bookings they are making their moolah from those so in no rush to sell. Grand Flo had rooms sitting empty.
yeah. you really can't compare DVC as a product between Florida and Anaheim in terms of demand, pricing, and market trends. They are so different in so many ways.

yeah. you really can't compare DVC as a product between Florida and Anaheim in terms of demand, pricing, and market trends. They are so different in so many ways.
Are we thinking they are able to just book as hotel rooms and be sold out, so no rush?
I would assume the FW cabins will sell pretty quick once the general public is able. I’d bet most of the regulars are not DVC members already, and just waiting to buy in… or if not those will be a failure for sure.

Last edited:

Are we thinking they are able to just book as hotel rooms and be sold out so no rush?
I would assume the FW cabins will sell pretty quick once the general public is able. I’d bet most of the regulars are not DVC members already, and just waiting to buy in… or if not those will be a failure for sure.
I can't speak for VDH but at Aulani, the resort is consistently at capacity through various levers of cash rate discounts (military/kamaaina/seasonal). I'm sure similar can be said of VDH because of the sheer lack of options in the Disney bubble. The picture is a bit different in WDW with so many on-property hotels to choose from. Grand Flo's inability to sell out on the cash side is something Grand Cal hardly ever experiences. I'm curious as to Riviera's cash demand. I can't imagine people paying rack rate to stay there but there must be good demand or else DVD would have priced it to sell? I keep hearing there has always been high cash demand for FWC so perhaps DVD is also not in a rush to sell there either. I know the points chart is low there but dang, those annual dues are a kick in the private parts. I can't imagine new members chomping at the bits to buy there either.

I can't speak for VDH but at Aulani, the resort is consistently at capacity through various levers of cash rate discounts (military/kamaaina/seasonal). I'm sure similar can be said of VDH because of the sheer lack of options in the Disney bubble. The picture is a bit different in WDW with so many on-property hotels to choose from. Grand Flo's inability to sell out on the cash side is something Grand Cal hardly ever experiences. I'm curious as to Riviera's cash demand. I can't imagine people paying rack rate to stay there but there must be good demand or else DVD would have priced it to sell? I keep hearing there has always been high cash demand for FWC so perhaps DVD is also not in a rush to sell there either. I know the points chart is low there but dang, those annual dues are a kick in the private parts. I can't imagine new members chomping at the bits to buy there either.
I don’t want to turn this into a FWC post, but at 90points for a week, people may not need more than 100pt contract, so dues may not be as big of an issue?

I don’t want to turn this into a FWC post, but at 90points for a week, people may not need more than 100pt contract, so dues may not be as big of an issue?
Totally agree! But why would a new member buy only 90 points direct and not be eligible for any of the blue card benefits? At that point, wouldn't it be better to buy resale? And Disney probably isn't offering any incentives south of 150 points?

Totally agree! But why would a new member buy only 90 points direct and not be eligible for any of the blue card benefits? At that point, wouldn't it be better to buy resale? And Disney probably isn't offering any incentives south of 150 points?
This is the thing that gets me about the cabins.. I would want ~100 points if I was a new member and could get plenty of usage from that, but if they require 150, it would change the equation for me. Unfortunately I am not in a position to buy more points right now or I would likely pick up 100 points there

Few, that is an exhaustive survey.

I wonder what Disney thinks about these sales rates. I can't image they are thrilled, I'm sure they were expecting it to sell faster for longer. On the other hand, it will probably look good compared to the Cabin sales rate in six months!
They cant really sell a ton more until they declare more units. There is not a ton of leeway there for them to do a big incentive or sales push. Regardless of that, I dont know that they will do a big sales push. As other have said, the rooms sell out for cash bookings. Disney also likely wants to have something on sale in California for the foreseeable future as well, it allows them to market something at Disneyland being available.

@HIRyeDVC and @superlarz
Totally agree, more than 100 seems pointless, so why bother.
Maybe the diehards stay 2 weeks at a time?

They cant really sell a ton more until they declare more units. There is not a ton of leeway there for them to do a big incentive or sales push. Regardless of that, I dont know that they will do a big sales push. As other have said, the rooms sell out for cash bookings. Disney also likely wants to have something on sale in California for the foreseeable future as well, it allows them to market something at Disneyland being available.
Yes, having something to offer in CA is definitely a benefit for them!!

This is the thing that gets me about the cabins.. I would want ~100 points if I was a new member and could get plenty of usage from that, but if they require 150, it would change the equation for me. Unfortunately I am not in a position to buy more points right now or I would likely pick up 100 points there

New members can get in with 100 points but must buy 150 to qualify for membership extras.

New members can get in with 100 points but must buy 150 to qualify for membership extras.
I think 125 would end up being the magic number for me based on how I would use them. If a cabin enthusiast wanted Christmas or Halloween every year I can certainly see how they would reach the 150-200 threshold after looking the cart over further

Reactions: ehh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter