VDH question

heathjh

Mouseketeer
Will current DVC owners be able to purchase VDH before it goes out to everyone else? Will there be a discount for already being an owner? And if so on either of these questions: does it matter if you are a direct owner or resale owner? And does it matter how many points you own?

They have always given current owners a chance to buy before new owners.

It doesn’t matter what type of points you own if they open earlier for owners.

They have always had incentives so we imagine this will be the same.

Will current DVC owners be able to purchase VDH before it goes out to everyone else? Will there be a discount for already being an owner? And if so on either of these questions: does it matter if you are a direct owner or resale owner? And does it matter how many points you own?
If the historical trend holds (no guarantees, of course), yes, DVC Members will have a short period to purchase before the general public. Doesn't matter if you are a resale-only owner and it hasn't mattered how many points you have. There were different incentives for owners vs the general public.

So yes, if you were thinking about getting a resale contract and aren’t currently a member it’s a good strategy. Will get better pricing and earlier access when VDH goes on sale and can have them match your resale use year most likely.

If the historical trend holds (no guarantees, of course), yes, DVC Members will have a short period to purchase before the general public. Doesn't matter if you are a resale-only owner and it hasn't mattered how many points you have. There were different incentives for owners vs the general public.
Does anyone have a link to what the incentives were for owners vs general public? Were they comparable, just different? Were the owner incentives better? Or just for smaller contracts since my guess would be that add-on contracts are usually smaller than purchases made by the general public?

Does anyone have a link to what the incentives were for owners vs general public? Were they comparable, just different? Were the owner incentives better? Or just for smaller contracts since my guess would be that add-on contracts are usually smaller than purchases made by the general public?
Initial sales of VGF2 were limited to existing members - prices can be found here: https://www.dvcnews.com/dvc-program...deals-remain-for-other-resorts-in-spring-2022

Then prices for both existing and new members were implemented:
https://www.dvcnews.com/dvc-program...yer-prices-revealed-add-on-incentives-reduced

yes, waiting for the price, incentives, and point chart. The point chart is important as the actual room cost differences between GC and DH are significant: some 30-50%. The point difference needs to be close to that too especially with the studios if they want to sell direct vs cheaper to room stay with DVC discount (which happens a lot for DH).

That's going to be a large deciding factor for west coasters looking to buy.

Worth saying: there is ZERO chance of VDH selling out before it's available to the general public. If that's one of your concerns, just put that out of your mind entirely.

As for pricing, existing owners (either direct or resale) are likely to pay less. May also have some early bonus gift for the very first buyers which is only offered to existing members. VGF had a 3-piece luggage set for the first 500 who added.

Something else to consider is as a new buyer, you would have to buy 150 points to buy in. You could buy a small resale contract now and purchase less than 150 when it goes on sale.

Worth saying: there is ZERO chance of VDH selling out before it's available to the general public. If that's one of your concerns, just put that out of your mind entirely.

As for pricing, existing owners (either direct or resale) are likely to pay less. May also have some early bonus gift for the very first buyers which is only offered to existing members. VGF had a 3-piece luggage set for the first 500 who added.
This is exactly what I was curious about. Glad to hear that I do not have to worry about initial sellout since I am not yet a member.

This is exactly what I was curious about. Glad to hear that I do not have to worry about initial sellout since I am not yet a member.
Yeah, this isn't a Disney Destination around-the-world trip limited space deal.

No risk of sellout before general public offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter