VDH Opening

I would think the DVC hopeful plan is strong sales that become steady paced sales. Having a product to sale on the West Coast for a few years would be a good thing.

And the answer apparently is that Grand Flo sold 114,999 in the first month:

https://dvcnews.com/dvc-program-men...-sales-resume-direct-sales-jump-in-march-2022
Looks like VGF sales got stronger in April at 177k points, 100k in May, and starts to soften by June with 73k. It continues in the ~70k for a few months and takes a nose dive in September to 47k, 38k by November, and climbs back up to 51k by the end of 2022 with some better incentives. Then it tinkers between 41k-57k throughout 2023. I love DVC News and their financial reports. Looking forward to what VDH sales will be like going forward and what Disney does with their incentives.

So are new owners still able to find availability in, say, January? It seems like there's lots of talk of waitlisting already and I didn't know if it's a long shot to expect my sleep arounds to snag me a midweek studio booking 😏

So are new owners still able to find availability in, say, January? It seems like there's lots of talk of waitlisting already and I didn't know if it's a long shot to expect my sleep arounds to snag me a midweek studio booking 😏
Just a lot of excitement with opening weekends and the usual busy times (Halloween, Christmas, Spring Break, RunDisney). Mid week in low season in a preferred deluxe studio if it’s not Jan 11–14 (runDisney) I bet your odds are good if you reserve as soon as you’re allowed.

I’m waitlisted for next May. I created one 11 months plus a couple days for garden category. The weekends were pretty picked over for the times I wanted for standard or garden category.

I’m waitlisted for next May. I created one 11 months plus a couple days for garden category. The weekends were pretty picked over for the times I wanted for standard or garden category.
But was preferred deluxe studio available? I don’t expect duo, standard or garden to be.
That’s good to know if nothing was available. Hope your wait list comes through

But was preferred deluxe studio available? I don’t expect duo, standard or garden to be.
That’s good to know if nothing was available. Hope your wait list comes through
Preferred was available and so I booked and waitlisted garden. I really want to try out the garden units sooner than later. With so few available they’ll be like akv value and concierge. Figure the only time I’ll be lucky enough to get a stay is now with less competition. We can play around with dates. Just wish online booking was available.

Yup. Yorba Linda here. For business, if I'm flying within CA or just over to Vegas or Phoenix, it's SNA 100% of the time. If I'm headed to Texas or Florida, it's LAX. Plus, there are a ton more lounges at LAX... LOL.

Have you tried the LAX parking app? You can get serious discounts on parking using the app (like up to 50% off). It makes parking in P2 or P3 (I prefer Delta) actually reasonable versus long-term parking and the extra time required.

LAX Parking

View attachment 755492
My receipt for 5 days in P2, directly across from the Delta terminal.
FYI, I finally used this site and while I only saved a few $ per day vs. direct, I am so happy to not have to deal with a full garage sign on arrival! Thanks for the tip!

FYI, I finally used this site and while I only saved a few $ per day vs. direct, I am so happy to not have to deal with a full garage sign on arrival! Thanks for the tip!
The savings really do depend on how far out you reserve the spot, but it's always at least a couple of bucks less per day. Aside from the savings, the next big benefit is definitely the guaranteed spot, and the ability to just drive out of the structure when you get home. Somehow, that one last expense of paying a couple hundred bucks as the final chapter of your vacation seems a bit insulting...LOL

I cannot seem to find the post with actual numbers but someone had mentioned that with current DVC inventory for VDH, there is little to no chance of non-owners being able to book. We live 1 hr from WDW so have all of our contracts there but are heading to DL the weekend prior to Tgiving. Got lucky a few times with VGC in previous visits but know times have changed. We would be booking a 2 bedroom and I think the post said there were only a handful (if that!) of them? Anyone know where that post is or have insight?

I cannot seem to find the post with actual numbers but someone had mentioned that with current DVC inventory for VDH, there is little to no chance of non-owners being able to book. We live 1 hr from WDW so have all of our contracts there but are heading to DL the weekend prior to Tgiving. Got lucky a few times with VGC in previous visits but know times have changed. We would be booking a 2 bedroom and I think the post said there were only a handful (if that!) of them? Anyone know where that post is or have insight?
I'm not sure which specific post you're referring to but this article shows how many rooms have been declared. For 2BRs, there are only 3 declared. Two of them are dedicated and one lockoff.

https://dvcnews.com/dvc-program-men...neyland-hotel-off-to-strong-start-in-may-2023.

I'm not sure which specific post you're referring to but this article shows how many rooms have been declared. For 2BRs, there are only 3 declared. Two of them are dedicated and one lockoff.

https://dvcnews.com/dvc-program-men...neyland-hotel-off-to-strong-start-in-may-2023.
I wonder if it's my thread that @ngl is referring to: https://www.disboards.com/threads/vdh-unit-and-sales-tracker.3918952/ (post 2, specifically)

Based on what's been declared, much more has been declared than what has been sold. But there's some confounding factors, like new owners prioritizing early stays and race weekend, that have squeezed demand so far.

And while owners will probably have a good shot at booking a room based on sales::declared ratio, the total available inventory is indeed small, which means it might be very competitive for non-owners, which is a very large population.

I wonder if it's my thread that @ngl is referring to: https://www.disboards.com/threads/vdh-unit-and-sales-tracker.3918952/ (post 2, specifically)

Based on what's been declared, much more has been declared than what has been sold. But there's some confounding factors, like new owners prioritizing early stays and race weekend, that have squeezed demand so far.

And while owners will probably have a good shot at booking a room based on sales::declared ratio, the total available inventory is indeed small, which means it might be very competitive for non-owners, which is a very large population.
And yes they declared about 19% (48 of 249) deluxe studios but only 10% (2 of 20) dedicated 2 bedrooms. 19% of the dedicated 2 bedrooms would be 3.8 of them. Hoping they throw more 1-2 bedroom love with the next declaration whenever that is.

Yes, this is it! Thanks so much for the breakdown. And for properly setting my expectations that the chance of us getting a 2 bedroom at VDH will be as good as hitting the lotto! Will start looking to book other hotels :( Appreciate the insight.

I wonder if the recent fresh air into DisneylandForward will juice sales. Good twitter thread here:

The renderings and plans put entrances to both parks right next to DLH.
Thanks for sharing. I love me a good graph and numbers. The hotel revenue increase is crazy. Wonder how much is related to an increase in beds vs simply increased pricing for a premier vacation location? If the later, if the trend continues then I believe these VDH prices today will at some point look like a bargain. Time will tell.

Attachments

• B502B4DD-328E-4203-BD57-F31FAA4E8DF5.jpeg
    B502B4DD-328E-4203-BD57-F31FAA4E8DF5.jpeg
    56.2 KB · Views: 16
Thanks for sharing. I love me a good graph and numbers. The hotel revenue increase is crazy. Wonder how much is related to an increase in beds vs simply increased pricing for a premier vacation location? If the later, if the trend continues then I believe these VDH prices today will at some point look like a bargain. Time will tell.
Remember when VGC direct first sold below $100pp? If this project comes into fruition, sky is the limit

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter