VDH Opening

They have VDH pins now!?!?!? Please do share a pic when you have one.
Someone else shared it which is how I learned about it. My guide said he was told we weren’t getting any gifts for adding on VDH but guess we should all just wait because they’re technically closing escrow gifts. He also said demand has been really high for VDH and to make your reservations early! I wonder with all the demands if they’re just opening more rooms because I grabbed a duo for opening day just today.

Attachments

• IMG_6469.jpeg
    IMG_6469.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 27
Someone else shared it which is how I learned about it. My guide said he was told we weren’t getting any gifts for adding on VDH but guess we should all just wait because they’re technically closing escrow gifts. He also said demand has been really high for VDH and to make your reservations early! I wonder with all the demands if they’re just opening more rooms because I grabbed a duo for opening day just today.
Wowzer! Tinker Bell for our first VDH pin. I hope this is a good omen of things to come for us owners. Cafe, restaurant, coffee shop, special characters to meet, etc. I know bit of an over reach probably but wishing upon a star here…why not.

Don't cash it so you can keep it as a souvenir! 🤣

(or you could do mobile deposit lol)
I did just that. Maybe I should buy a cheap frame and display?

For what it’s worth, I have a framed 1 stock certificate of the Disney company before they went all electronic. Might put my framed check next to it! ;)

You can still get a certificate but no par value. Purely artistic.

Last edited:
I wasn't aware of any gifts for purchase/adding on. Wouldn't mind the cool looking water bottle, but since I wasn't expecting it, NBD if I don't get it. I was in the parks this past weekend (stayed at VGC) and got a push notification to go to the DVC center and get a free gift. I got a backpack with some random stuff inside- lip balm, stickers, lanyards and a couple little plastic things that I have no idea what they are. Are lanyards useful for anything? I know I used to wear them on the ships, but it seems like they are obsolete with everything being digital.

I wasn't aware of any gifts for purchase/adding on. Wouldn't mind the cool looking water bottle, but since I wasn't expecting it, NBD if I don't get it. I was in the parks this past weekend (stayed at VGC) and got a push notification to go to the DVC center and get a free gift. I got a backpack with some random stuff inside- lip balm, stickers, lanyards and a couple little plastic things that I have no idea what they are. Are lanyards useful for anything? I know I used to wear them on the ships, but it seems like they are obsolete with everything being digital.
LOL this made me laugh because before I went on a Disney cruise earlier this year I didn’t know where I would ever use a DVC lanyard. But that was the first day gift for DVC members and I was so happy I had a way to carry the cruise card. I don’t understand why the magicband isn’t a Disney cruise thing since other cruise lines are utilizing it. Also was told the VGC gifts are basically cruise leftover items. 😅 I got a push notification on the app yesterday to get a free gift when visiting a DVC booth and it turns out to be a print of Aulani. You would think a print of VDH would make more sense. I’m hoping for the water bottle and cooling towel. It doesn’t make sense if it’s a closing escrow gift that only some ppl get it.

Received magical beginnings rebate checks (one for each contract) a couple days ago. No water bottle yet.

Yeah, the lanyards gotta go. It’s the most usless gift I just throw away

The sales center at VGC has been sitting on a cache of DCL-related DVC promotional stuff since sometime during the pandemic. I went in there back in 2021 and got a similar SWAG bag filled with very obviously cruise related stuff. Lanyards, a little wooden jewelry type box, buttons, etc.. They were still handing it out last year and it sounds like they haven’t run out yet.

I got the feeling that because they really only had Aulani to sell (that’s what their preview rooms still are), and because VGC is so small, that they didn’t get much love from the old Home Office. Just got sent what was laying around.

image1 (1).jpeg

image0 (2).jpeg

Last edited:
The sales center at VGC has been sitting on a cache of DCL-related DVC promotional stuff since sometime during the pandemic. I went in there back in 2021 and got a similar SWAG bag filled with very obviously cruise related stuff. Lanyards, a little wooden jewelry type box, buttons, etc.. They were still handing it out last year and it sounds like they haven’t run out yet.

I got the feeling that because they really only had Aulani to sell (that’s what their preview rooms still are), and because VGC is so small, that they didn’t get much love from the old Home Office. Just got sent what was laying around.

View attachment 766343

View attachment 766344
I got this box a few years back. My favorite gift so far

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter