VDH Opening

Oh if that’s the case, I will definitely select December if the 2023 dues are lower. We’re not planning to go until February 2024 so we should be ok with no points until December 2023.
There's 95 days from 9/28 through end of the year. 2023 dues are $9.06. 95 / 365 * $9.06 is $2.36 per point. All UY except Oct/Dec will pay this.

October UY will pay very slightly less and a December UY would be $0.77 per point.

This is my personal opinion, but I don't think a one-time cost of $1.59/pt is worth any sort of longterm inconvenience of choosing the 'wrong' UY. If you expect to travel in Sep - Nov with these points in the future, a Dec UY is likely not optimal.

Super helpful! I haven’t received this yet. Assuming I should ask my guide and he can provide? Or is there another team that handles contracts that I should reach out too?
My guide instructed me to call 800-782-6767 for Docusign-contract-related matters

So who else is nervous for booking tomorrow?

I'm hoping to book a 1BR but really unhopeful there. I've come to accept I will probably get a Studio.

~18% of inventory is in the initial declaration, but it skews toward Studios, and it's already a Studio-heavy resort. It doesn't seem enough has been sold for a 2nd round of declarations yet.

~19.7% of Studio points are in the initial declaration vs. ~13.6% of the larger villas. And the larger villas are buoyed by having 1 of 2 GVs declared...1BR/2BR have had just ~9.6% of points declared.

1BR/2BR are just ~14.1% of points declared, and just ~6.6% of rooms declared (without LO splitting).

I'm hoping to book a 1BR but really unhopeful there. I've come to accept I will probably get a Studio.

~18% of inventory is in the initial declaration, but it skews toward Studios, and it's already a Studio-heavy resort. It doesn't seem enough has been sold for a 2nd round of declarations yet.

~19.7% of Studio points are in the initial declaration vs. ~13.6% of the larger villas. And the larger villas are buoyed by having 1 of 2 GVs declared...1BR/2BR have had just ~9.6% of points declared.

1BR/2BR are just ~14.1% of points declared, and just ~6.6% of rooms declared (without LO splitting).
This is crazy. So many people must have bought 150+ points to maximize the incentives. To declare such few 1&2 BRs is just wrong. Given it's limited inventory, they should probably have declared most, if not, ALL the 1&2 BRs. What are they thinking?

I know that 50 is the minimum points you can add-on, but it seems like a new purchase requires 100 or more points. I was looking at 100 points divided into 50 points each in case a time came that I choose to sell. With all the incentives I'm now looking at 50x3, which increases the odds that in a decade I may choose to shed one. I see many others are looking at smaller contracts for similar safety nets, are there any downfalls to trying to sell 50? It seems like smaller fetches a bigger price and gives flexibility, but does it limit so that only existing owners can buy it?

I know that 50 is the minimum points you can add-on, but it seems like a new purchase requires 100 or more points. I was looking at 100 points divided into 50 points each in case a time came that I choose to sell. With all the incentives I'm now looking at 50x3, which increases the odds that in a decade I may choose to shed one. I see many others are looking at smaller contracts for similar safety nets, are there any downfalls to trying to sell 50? It seems like smaller fetches a bigger price and gives flexibility, but does it limit so that only existing owners can buy it?
Keep in mind that you'll pay 3x closing costs for each contract.

It’s really about supply and demand and in the past, 50 points or smaller contracts have been rare, hence why they fetch higher prices. I’m guessing with VDH, it’s a different story as many people are buying small contracts. Not sure what that will mean for the resale market down the road when small VDH contracts are plentiful? Traditionally, I would say small contracts generally garner higher prices. But I would also say past results doesn’t always lead to future performance. You also haveto account that these contracts will have resale restrictions. And yeah, I’m fully aware of the argument that restrictions won’t matter at VDH as they do at Riviera. Bottom line is, no one really knows what the VDH resale market will be like.

Me and @MrsNVDISFamily just mapped out our plan for calling in tomorrow AM. She is going to take the lead as I have to drive into town in the AM and my cell service can get a bit spotty in areas. We have plenty of options with 2 options that would work for our first stay and 4 options for the 2nd stay so we are hopeful.

Also, it seemed like a majority of the people who purchased sold back their 2023 UY points in the magic beginnings promo so fingers crossed it won't be a madhouse when we get on the phone at 6AM PST...

Also, it seemed like a majority of the people who purchased sold back their 2023 UY points in the magic beginnings promo so fingers crossed it won't be a madhouse when we get on the phone at 6AM PST...
Fingers crossed that this is the case!

Oh if that’s the case, I will definitely select December if the 2023 dues are lower. We’re not planning to go until February 2024 so we should be ok with no points until December 2023.
Another option you might consider is choosing a Feb UY and then doing the magical beginnings for your 2023 points. That would give you the $22 per point for your 2023 points which would cover your dues and put some extra money in your pocket. Then in Feb 2024 you would get your full amount of points for your trip. My guide confirmed yesterday that we can choose a Feb UY and still do the magical beginnings with our 2023 points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter